Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

cramps and diarrhea 15-30 minutes after eating

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • April 3, 2010
  • 02:41 AM

20, female, healthy weight. This has been going on for a few years. I'm bloated all the time, mostly mild to moderate. 8/10 meals: Within 30 minutes after I eat--doesn't matter what--I feel crampy and rush to the bathroom. Nothing comes out. Then 1-3 hours later I have explosive diarrhea that feels like my butt is burning. Bloat goes away slightly then I'm fine until my next meal but sometimes I have really bad constipation 1-2 hours after the diarrhea.

All my doc said is "IBS, take Mirulax" I tried Mirulax for a week then stopped because I was getting worse FAST. My doc then said my bloated stomach was "just fat" Umm, no. It's like a balloon. Not like those poor starving kids in Africa but sometimes it gets pretty close. What's weird is that fruits and vegetables, cooked or raw depending on type, are worse than a hamburger.

Any ideas? I have my gallbladder and I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• I might suggest you see a different physician. i have IBS and all of my symptoms are identical to what you described, but mirilax is NOT going to help if you have IBS with diarrhea! fiber therapies work for people who have IBS with constipation. Try going to a different dr. They may put you on dicyclomine (Bentyl). Dicyclomine is sort of an anti-motility drug for the gastrointestinal system. It slows things down a little so your body actually has time to digest and process your food, resulting in fairly normal stools.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 11, 2010
    • 06:31 PM
    Flag this Response
  • You might be sensitive to grains. Check out this video http://goo.gl/fb/ucelJOr you might have a sensitivity to other foods. I would recommend MRT testingread more here http://www.nowleap.com/Good luck!
    workoutmaster 1 Replies
    • October 13, 2010
    • 07:23 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement