Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Weird white ring on tip of tongue?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 5 Replies
  • Posted By: Plastikfear
  • April 2, 2010
  • 02:23 AM

Just today I noticed a weird white ring on the tip of my tongue. It hurts, almost like a canker sore, but is not numb like a tongue burn. Already researched geographic tongue, bacterial infections, thrush, etc, none of them sound like this. Here's a picture:

http://i42.tinypic.com/adz14n.jpg

Any ideas? It wasn't there like a few hours ago. :confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• Looks like aphthous ulcer...There are some causes: Incorrect method of brushing and cleaning the mouth, which can lead to ulcers in the mouth and tongue ulcers gradually. Use of toothpastes and mouthwashes, which contain corrosive substances such as alcohol. Does not have your food at regular intervals is one of the major causes of tongue ulcers. Eat too much spicy and hot filled food may cause an ulcer under tongue especially food items containing red chilies. Drinking alcohol and smoking and chewing tobacco irritates the language and language leads to ulcers. Excessive drinking hot tea or coffee in such a way that causes damage to the tongue. Dental irritate language, which can lead to language ucers.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Did u ever find out what that spot on the tongue is because i have one and had them all while i was pregnantJust today I noticed a weird white ring on the tip of my tongue. It hurts, almost like a canker sore, but is not numb like a tongue burn. Already researched geographic tongue, bacterial infections, thrush, etc, none of them sound like this. Here's a picture:http://i42.tinypic.com/adz14n.jpgAny ideas? It wasn't there like a few hours ago. :confused:
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 14, 2010
    • 10:47 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Did u ever find out what that spot on the tongue is because i have one and had them all while i was pregnantYup it was just from eating acidic foods, kind of like 'burning' my tongue in a way.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 24, 2010
    • 01:26 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i have the same exact thing on my tongue i have had it for two months and no changes at all
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 1, 2010
    • 04:25 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i have the same exact thing on my tongue i have had it for two months and no changes at allDo you still have this? did you ever go get it checked out? I have the same thing and am wondering what it is.... have had it for about a month with no change.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement