Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

cool burning sensation throughout body

Posted In: Nerve conditions 9 Replies
  • Posted By: cyn22782
  • January 10, 2007
  • 04:23 AM

for a few months i have been experiencing a cool burning sensation throughout my body. it started off in my legs and feet and has progressed to my arms and more recently my chest and back. i has walking pnemonia and asthmetic bronchitis when this began in september and now have strep. ive just run out of health insurance but really want to find out what this might possibly be.

Reply Flag this Discussion

9 Replies:

• ive just run out of health insurance but really want to find out what this might possibly be. Hi there, Hope you are feeling better!! My family and I have a benefits package for health insurance that is $40 a month and you get about 50% off your medical bills on average. There is no pre-existing conditions, no waiting. Email me at roseyonnex@hotmail.com, and I'll email you some info on it. Rosie
    roseyonnex 2 Replies
    • January 11, 2007
    • 11:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hello...i too have had cool burning sensations throught my body off and on for the past 6 or 7 years. it is so weird because they will start suddenly, then end just as abruptly. sometimes i will go months without having the sensations, and other times it is constant. the sensations can occur anywhere on my body. i have been told by several doctors that it is related to anxiety. i do agree that anxiety aggravates the sensation, but i dont think they are caused by the anxiety. my blood tests are normal, and i seem to be in relatively good health. it makes no sense. if you would like to discuss it further my email is integrablondie99@aol.com.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 26, 2007
    • 10:52 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have been going through the exact same thing for the past 6 months!! Everything started with a slight tingling in my left pinky finger,,the next day I woke up with my face sore as if I had been in a fight or something! Shortly after that,,,my feet got really cold,so cold that they felt as though they were burning! Now the burning sensation has traveled throughout my entire body!! I've seen several doctor's,,had all the test done such as(Blood & Urine,X-rays,EKG's) I've been told that I may be suffering from anxiety,lupus,ms,restless leg syndrome,bad nerves or even last but not least Heavy Metal poisoning! All my test have come back good so far,but the Heavy Metal tast,,still waiting on the results of that one,,but my symptoms seem to be getting worse! It's really insane to go to the doctor (many doctor's) and they can't tell you what's wrong! The last dr.I seen suggest that I go see a shrink,,lol! I thought maybe he should!! I don't need a shrink,,,I'm not thinking that I'm feeling this burning,,,it is really happening,,and it's starting to control my everyday life! I'm a 30 year old single mother of 2 little girls,,I'm in management at my job and at one point had a life! Since these symptoms started in oct.2007,,it seems as though my life consist of going back and fourth to doctor's that can't help me! My kids are suffering as well,because they depend on me so much and it's like I can't be there for them like I should be! One thing is for sure,,If I hadn't ever needed a shrink before,,I'm sure as ***l gonna need one before it's over!! I'm very determined in finding out what this is and getting to the bottom of it all,,so if there's anyone out there that may know anything about what this is or if there is a doctor out there that really believes in helping their patients please contact me! Most of the doctor's that I've seen so far have straight up told me that they don't know what this is,,and they say it as if it doesn't mean anything to them! And when I don't accept their answer's,,they act as though they are upset with me because I'm concerned about my health! It's almost like they are hiding something or this is something they don't want to be a part of! So again if their's anyone out there that can help me out with this please feel free to contact me at (tlmatl4u2@aol.com)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have had a numb right arm for a few months now and it feels like a dead arm (like a punch - but not sore really)but feels like cold inside (although not cold) and sort of pins and needles and I have to rub my arm to get it moving. Its not stopping me working (type for about an hour or so each day in and out of emails etc). However I first thought was having a heart attack the first time I had it but cant be having a heart attack ongoing few months can I?Anyway I havent gone to docs yet as I had a problem with my shoulder just over a year ago - it was excruciating. I had xrays etc and nothing came up. Went to chiropractor which was no use at all. Then was told about an acupuncturist. I had three sessions last May to August and had to take Chinese herbal pills ordered over the internet from London at same time - about 8 a day as advised by the acupuncture doc. He was a GP for years and trained in China to do acupuncture. Anyway the pain all but disappeared and it was unbelievable. Each session was £60 (plus the pills cant recall how much they were)but worth every penny. If I go back to him he will ask me to go to the doc first which is what had to do before to rule out anything else. It is very difficult unless you get a doc who has seen this before I guess- docs don't know everything medical just like tax advisers dont know everything about tax so you need to help yourself which is why these on line forums are great. Please try acupuncture and take any tablets if they ask you to do so as long as they are reputable people who someone else has recommended. I will do this soon again myself. I personally think mine is nerve damage and connected to my first problem- but hey I am not a doctor! Good luck
  • Probably a little late for the post ,but if i were you will try to go to a neurology and get a scan MRI of the spine neural roots system(sharp cutting cool burning pain ) is what i go through every day for multiple and severe spine cord problems
  • Hi,I have had the same thing going on for about a year. I started seeing an acupuncturist and oriental med Dr. She looks at things differently than Reg. DR. and Nero DR. I would suggest finding one that is well known in your area. They may even start you eating only all natural, no dairy, no surgar or caff. drinks. Good luck!I have been going through the exact same thing for the past 6 months!! Everything started with a slight tingling in my left pinky finger,,the next day I woke up with my face sore as if I had been in a fight or something! Shortly after that,,,my feet got really cold,so cold that they felt as though they were burning! Now the burning sensation has traveled throughout my entire body!! I've seen several doctor's,,had all the test done such as(Blood & Urine,X-rays,EKG's) I've been told that I may be suffering from anxiety,lupus,ms,restless leg syndrome,bad nerves or even last but not least Heavy Metal poisoning! All my test have come back good so far,but the Heavy Metal tast,,still waiting on the results of that one,,but my symptoms seem to be getting worse! It's really insane to go to the doctor (many doctor's) and they can't tell you what's wrong! The last dr.I seen suggest that I go see a shrink,,lol! I thought maybe he should!! I don't need a shrink,,,I'm not thinking that I'm feeling this burning,,,it is really happening,,and it's starting to control my everyday life! I'm a 30 year old single mother of 2 little girls,,I'm in management at my job and at one point had a life! Since these symptoms started in oct.2007,,it seems as though my life consist of going back and fourth to doctor's that can't help me! My kids are suffering as well,because they depend on me so much and it's like I can't be there for them like I should be! One thing is for sure,,If I hadn't ever needed a shrink before,,I'm sure as ***l gonna need one before it's over!! I'm very determined in finding out what this is and getting to the bottom of it all,,so if there's anyone out there that may know anything about what this is or if there is a doctor out there that really believes in helping their patients please contact me! Most of the doctor's that I've seen so far have straight up told me that they don't know what this is,,and they say it as if it doesn't mean anything to them! And when I don't accept their answer's,,they act as though they are upset with me because I'm concerned about my health! It's almost like they are hiding something or this is something they don't want to be a part of! So again if their's anyone out there that can help me out with this please feel free to contact me at (tlmatl4u2@aol.com)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 18, 2010
    • 01:32 AM
    Flag this Response
  • for a few months i have been experiencing a cool burning sensation throughout my body. it started off in my legs and feet and has progressed to my arms and more recently my chest and back. i has walking pnemonia and asthmetic bronchitis when this began in september and now have strep. ive just run out of health insurance but really want to find out what this might possibly be.Hello,I have same symptoms as you had,any clue on this,i am suffering a lot from cold and hot burning.I am Hypothyroid patient and Fyabromyalgia.for me burning started at legs then on thighs then arms.Any advice.
  • I feel as though I can feel my entire nervous system - like some one plugged it in and charged me up. I wouldn't describe it as pins and needles exactly but it is an irritating feeling. I get it through out my entire body - arms, legs, back, chest, abdomen. Breathing is irritating. Tapping on my body helps it feel better, I especially do that to my chest when breathing bothers me. Similar to how moving feels like it helps restless legs (but when you stop it's even more intense). In addition to the entire system feeling plugged in and charged up, there are 'hot spots' along the pathways where it seems that, if you were to see it in an image, these spots would be lit up more than the others. They burn more than the pathways do. Like maybe they are the nerve endings to larger nerves or something. I don't know. I try to make mental images of what I feel and describe it in some sort of picture. lol But whatever it is, IT DRIVES ME CRAZY and some times to tears. It kinda feels like my internal temperature is out of whack too but I don't feel exactly hot or cold either. It just feels like it is ... both, kind of. It seriously drives me insane and it interferes with my ability to concentrate at work. I feel like I'm being harassed constantly by something I cannot get away from because it's INSIDE of me. It doesn't feel like it is coming FROM anything. It's bizarre. By that I mean that it doesn't feel like it's coming say from my back and radiating down my legs like a nerve might do from back problems. This feels like it is my nervous SYSTEM itself being totally whacked out. I have fibromyalgia. Was diagnosed over 20 yrs ago with that. I also have arthritis, degenerative disc disease, have had one back surgery where they fused and put rods/screws in. Lumbar. I was also told I need neck surgery but couldn't get that done at the same time and shortly afterwards, lost my med insurance so have not had that done. I had one dr who wanted to test for MS years ago, as I had some episodes that resembled the symptoms of that (speech slightly slurred, a lazy tongue I describe it as) which I have noticed recently again but it's very mild. I sound like I'm slightly tipsy or very tired. I mix words up when I'm talking and I forget what I'm doing ... I joke about it but secretly it's really getting to me. I was afraid of the test and never went back to his office. Another dr also long ago, wanted to test for lupus? I have pain in my elbows, hands, difficulty holding things, lifting things, my ankle especially feels like it is solidifying. I cannot turn it at all. It feels like the joint is cemented. The bones in my feet hurt, feels like they are going to break when I walk. They crack a LOT and loudly. I get cysts in my wrists and feet. I have swollen lymph nodes. Headaches are a regular thing for me. My hips hurt constantly and my skin is sensitive at times to where it feels like I have been scalded by steam. I also feel like there are marbles under my skin in certain areas like my hips. Not that I can feel round marble like things but in that it HURTS as if I were laying on marbles or rocks. I can't rest on my side. Touch the side of my hips or my lower back and I will fly through the roof in pain and I just might hit ya. lol I did get a crazy rash -- totally out of the blue. It burned under my bra one night, itched. I looked and was shocked to see it. Random, sudden. No known/found cause whatsoever. BRIGHT red, VERY sore - it looked like I got an intense sunburn with tiny tiny blisters across the entire surface - on my back. They never actually formed blisters and they never got pus or broke open. It was mostly on the right side, from the spine over to my side, along where a bra would go 'round the ribs to my side; just small patches on the left side. I applied over the counter cream and waited. It did go away w/o med treatment. I forget how long it took. A week or so? Not real long.I don't have insurance or a doctor so I try to figure out what's going on and learn what I can to try to deal with things. This nerve situation though has me feeling desperate. I'm sorry to go so long. Any input, greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for reading. Sure hope to hear from some one....
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 28, 2011
    • 09:24 AM
    Flag this Response
  • In reply to KSS, have you checked for lyme disease? The slurred speech, headaches, burning sensations can all be symptoms of lyme disease. Worth a check? I know this post is a couple years old now. Curious if anyone ever had any answers? I also have started getting random creaks in my joints about 5 years ago. My knees started popping loudly. This last year I developed plantar fasciatis in both feet and now I am getting the random burning sensations. They can happen anywhere. Sometimes its my should, lower back, ankles, arms. There doesn't seem to be a pattern. I don't have any rashes. I do get tired a lot and have stiff muscles.
    Haleyhearing 1 Replies
    • December 3, 2013
    • 07:37 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement