Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Severe pain in all areas of body, what is it?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 6 Replies
  • Posted By: andie22
  • March 28, 2010
  • 09:02 AM

I have been experiencing severe pain in all areas of my body for about 2 years now. It is very severe and is with me from the moment I wake up to the moment I am actually able to go to sleep at night. I don't sleep well because of the pain either. I am VERY sensitive to changes in temperature, both hot and cold, but cold seems to be worse. The pain itself is a burning, tingling pain that seems to cause numbness in random places. It also is made worse by being touched. It doesn't even have to be rough and on the contrary, light touch seems to be worse. There are times when it seems to come to a focus and gets hellish, but these pain "bouts" I guess you could say only last between 2 and 30 minutes and occur randomly throughout a day or week. I have had several different MRI scans on different parts of my body and only minor results came back. Nothing that would definatively cause this amount of pain. At this point in time doctors have mentioned both Fibromyalgia and Central Pain Syndrome. Either way it is ruining my life. Both socially and mentally I seem to be withdrawing more and more. I post here hopeful that someone might have a suggestion or like problem. Thank you

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• I have been experiencing severe pain in all areas of my body for about 2 years now. It is very severe and is with me from the moment I wake up to the moment I am actually able to go to sleep at night. I don't sleep well because of the pain either. I am VERY sensitive to changes in temperature, both hot and cold, but cold seems to be worse. The pain itself is a burning, tingling pain that seems to cause numbness in random places. It also is made worse by being touched. It doesn't even have to be rough and on the contrary, light touch seems to be worse. There are times when it seems to come to a focus and gets hellish, but these pain "bouts" I guess you could say only last between 2 and 30 minutes and occur randomly throughout a day or week. I have had several different MRI scans on different parts of my body and only minor results came back. Nothing that would definatively cause this amount of pain. At this point in time doctors have mentioned both Fibromyalgia and Central Pain Syndrome. Either way it is ruining my life. Both socially and mentally I seem to be withdrawing more and more. I post here hopeful that someone might have a suggestion or like problem. Thank youHave you had your Vitamin D checked? If if is low it can cause chronic pain.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • hi do google Polymyositis and ask your doctor to test for that as they do seem to forget how much boddy pain it can cause
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have been experiencing severe pain in all areas of my body for about 2 years now. It is very severe and is with me from the moment I wake up to the moment I am actually able to go to sleep at night. I don't sleep well because of the pain either. I am VERY sensitive to changes in temperature, both hot and cold, but cold seems to be worse. The pain itself is a burning, tingling pain that seems to cause numbness in random places. It also is made worse by being touched. It doesn't even have to be rough and on the contrary, light touch seems to be worse. There are times when it seems to come to a focus and gets hellish, but these pain "bouts" I guess you could say only last between 2 and 30 minutes and occur randomly throughout a day or week. I have had several different MRI scans on different parts of my body and only minor results came back. Nothing that would definatively cause this amount of pain. At this point in time doctors have mentioned both Fibromyalgia and Central Pain Syndrome. Either way it is ruining my life. Both socially and mentally I seem to be withdrawing more and more. I post here hopeful that someone might have a suggestion or like problem. Thank youI have the same symptoms except there is no numbness or burning. I do however have trouble getting and staying asleep because of the constant pain. The first time I experienced these 'episodes' was a year ago. I thought I was coming down with the flu because that is what the pain feels like. But the pain would come and go every day. Sometimes for an hour, sometimes for 5 minutes and it would strike suddenly at any time. I'd have no episodes for a month then they would return. The lightest touch from someone would hurt. Just my clothes rubbing on my skin as I moved caused more pain. My doctor did a full blood check up and told me that she had found abnormalities on the tests although she wasn't specific. So I have been referred to a rheumatologist. I might get an answer in 7 months time perhaps.In the meantime I have been checking my symptoms online and they point strongly to Fibromyalgia. I know it's so tough to not know what is wrong with you and most often people do not understand what you are going through. Hang in there. I'm sure you will get the answers you are looking for. Perhaps you could have your doctor refer you to a rheumatologist or neurologist. If you are having burning and tingling pain with touch sensitivity then it could be neurological.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 3, 2010
    • 08:28 AM
    Flag this Response
  • According to WD symptom checker, with symptoms of body pain, muscle pain, joint pain and skin symptoms lead to 6 possibilities. See them at this link, partway down the page under resultshttp://symptoms.wrongdiagnosis.com/cosymptoms/body-pain/joint-pain/muscle-pain/skin-problems.htm
    gr8tful 175 Replies
    • November 5, 2010
    • 04:09 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello,Sharp shooting pain is caused by sudden, severe and abnormal relaxation of a skeletal muscle. Ache is caused by severe spasm of skeletal muscles.
    MelissaF 6 Replies
    • November 5, 2010
    • 06:04 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello,Sharp shooting pain is caused by sudden, severe and abnormal relaxation of a skeletal muscle. Ache is caused by severe spasm of skeletal muscles.Ingrown hair treatment
    MelissaF 6 Replies
    • November 13, 2010
    • 09:05 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement