Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Severe elbow pain, cannot bend elbows.

Posted In: Muscle conditions 1 Replies
  • Posted By: jessheiss
  • March 25, 2010
  • 04:54 PM

I'm 19 and for as long as I can remember my right elbow as been bent and cannot bend out or in all of the way. It has a very, very limited range of movement and when I move it to the end of it's limit it begins to hurt badly. If it is pulled or bumped to or beyond the limit I double over in pain.

At about 14 or 15 my left elbow locked up in the same manner. My elbows tend to be slightly inflammated. Occasionally when I wake up I cannot move it at all. Also sometimes my arms will lock so much that my lower arms and hands goes numb.

There is no bruising or redness and is only rarely tender to the touch (normally only after I've accidentally pulled my elbows out too far). My arms are typically not weak but after I hurt myself badly I often can't lift anything without pain, not even my own hand.

I don't think I had an injury before any of this started. My right elbow has been this way since I was a small child so I cannot be sure about it but I know I did not injure my left elbow.

I had an X-ray done about a year ago but the doctors say they can find nothing wrong.

Does anyone have any idea what this may be? It's so insanely affected my life for so long. I just need to find out what it wrong so I try to fix it so that can live normally without constantly obsessing about daily activites such as just being about to wash my face or hair or have my elbows bend enough to allow me to eat without hurting myself.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• I'm 19 and for as long as I can remember my right elbow as been bent and cannot bend out or in all of the way. It has a very, very limited range of movement and when I move it to the end of it's limit it begins to hurt badly. If it is pulled or bumped to or beyond the limit I double over in pain. At about 14 or 15 my left elbow locked up in the same manner. My elbows tend to be slightly inflammated. Occasionally when I wake up I cannot move it at all. Also sometimes my arms will lock so much that my lower arms and hands goes numb. There is no bruising or redness and is only rarely tender to the touch (normally only after I've accidentally pulled my elbows out too far). My arms are typically not weak but after I hurt myself badly I often can't lift anything without pain, not even my own hand. I don't think I had an injury before any of this started. My right elbow has been this way since I was a small child so I cannot be sure about it but I know I did not injure my left elbow. I had an X-ray done about a year ago but the doctors say they can find nothing wrong. Does anyone have any idea what this may be? It's so insanely affected my life for so long. I just need to find out what it wrong so I try to fix it so that can live normally without constantly obsessing about daily activites such as just being about to wash my face or hair or have my elbows bend enough to allow me to eat without hurting myself.Hi sorry to hear no one has tried to help you finding a good massage therapist may help there are several soft tissue treatments that relate to the elbow look for (nmt,pnmt) certified massage therapist you can go to pnmtmidwest.com you might be able to locate some one in your area
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement