Discussions By Condition: Mental conditions

my husbands making me sad

Posted In: Mental conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: crazybrazy
  • January 9, 2007
  • 02:12 AM

Hi-
I am having a really hard time with my husband lately. And I really would like someone to help or just tell me everything will just be okay.
Well my husband has depression with manic moments, but isn't considered bi-polar. He is on medication for it, but he doesn't like to take it, and I'm not sure it is the right stuff. I also had to have him go into the hospital (pshyc ward) last month for a few days, he actually went willingly. It has been ever since then that I have noticed subtle changes.
1st- He has been mean lately about taking his pills. He has never remembered to take them and I try to remind him. The other night he yelled at me for b****ing about taking his pills. I know I ask him every now and then but didn't know he was mad at me for it. He has never sweared at me like that before.
2nd- He has been playing his online computer games more then ever. He dosen't even notice me, like I came home today and didn't say a word, but made lots of noise, and he sees me 10 min later and says "When did you get home?" How am I suppose to react to that? I feel like he is losing himself in his games, and it is hurting our relationship.
3rd- He doesn't seem to want to say I love you to me any more. Yesterday I was leaving and said bye I love you, like normal, and all he said was, yep. He was playing that game again and I thought that was why, but he doesn't want to say it really any other time.
4th- We have had a vactaion planned for months and he was starting to get excited about it, but now he doesn't want to go and I told him it's paid for so he says "well if I have to go I'm going to stay in the hotel room all day and drink", (it's an all-inclusive hotel in the carribean) I have been looking forward to this for a long time and really need it, because of all the work stress and stress from his doctors visit and also my recent problems with my health.
I know he is worried about money, but he doesn't have to worry. I feel that all my time and effort put into our marrige has just been throw aside, and nothing about me or my feelings matter to him anymore. I know I have depression also, but not as severe as his. Also, he was more so the one to tell me "I love you" more then I was. I am afraid to talk to him about ir because I don't want him to go into a nother fit. I do'nt like to see him that way and it makes me really sad when he is.
Also, I have been getting other weird suspicions about him. I think he's cheating on me, but I really have no proof, and he can't keep anything from me, most of the time. There is one thing though that really bothers me. His personal checking account is always in the negative, and I never see him use it. I know for a fact that he looks at ***n. I know some think so, well I happen to dispise it and have caught him looking at it a few months ago. It actually makes me feel worse about myself, because I have been gaining weight because of my health.
Please anyone tell me it's just a phase. I love him to much, I don't want him to be upset but I can't take it sometimes. Thanks for reading this.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement