Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Hands Cramps Causing Fingers to Curl Up-Ouch

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: KSalvia
  • February 21, 2010
  • 06:12 AM

Hello - for a year or so now, both of my hands have been experiencing very painful cramps that start at the inner forearm/wrist, and draw my fingers kind of into claws. Hurts like heck. Sometimes it just happens to the thumb or the index, sometimes all of them, though maybe not the little finger. I have to take one hand and pry the other hand open and then bend the fingers backward to ease cramp. Have to keep doing so periodically sometimes for hours. Starts up first thing in the morning when I put my hands on the steering wheel to go to work. I type and mouse a lot, but this does not seem to be happening while I'm at the computer.

As I read this, I think, what an idiot... go the doctor! Well, I have been being treated for cervical (severe stenosis) and lumbar (inflamed disc, all better now) problems and I did have an emg on right arm (normal).

Anyone else have this happening? I'm 59, right handed. And yes, I have foot and calf cramps too, but I just mention that for thoroughness.... most 59 year old women have them, too.

Anyone have any suggestions for home tx? I haven't found any so far.

KS

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• I get the same thing in my hands and feet egzactly how u described it but im a lil bit younger then u Id like to know wat it is to it hurts and is really annoying
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • November 19, 2014
    • 05:09 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement