Discussions By Condition: Medical Errors

Chest, back, abdominal pain, head burns, lots of weird symptoms along with it...

Posted In: Medical Errors 0 Replies
  • Posted By: frustrated75
  • February 12, 2010
  • 06:44 PM

I'll try to make this as short as I can. I am a 34 year old women who has been in pain for at least 15 years now. I have chest, back, abdominal pains as well as pains in my head and sensations of my face going numb, numbness and tingling in my arms/hands and legs/feet. Sometimes I get lightheaded and feel like I'm going to pass out for no reason. I break out in a sweat and feel like my body is being filled with boiling water but sometimes I am absolutely freezing and I live in Florida and it could be 90 outside. I had my gallbladder removed in 2005 and I had a blood clot in my lung in may of 2009 after a bad pregnancy and constant bedrest. I am what you would consider obese but otherwise pretty healthy. I do not have diabetes or high blood pressure or anything of the sort. I have been overweight since I was a child so I have had my thyroid tested repeatedly and they always say its normal. I have had 4 stress tests on my heart and they were normal. Hundreds of visits to emergency rooms feeling like I'm having a heart attack, all the ekgs and chest xray and cardiac enzymes you can imagine and they always come back fine. Worn a holter monitor and had a couple of echocardigrams too. Said I have trivial mitral valve prolapse but otherwise nothing. Told that would never cause my symptoms and not to worry about it at all. I have been off and on medications for everything from muscle aches and pains to anxiety and depression. None of them seem to do anything for my symptoms. I have had a full GI work up as well and nothing was found there. I have been through counseling and keep a journal. I have seen many different doctors and my current doctor thinks its anxiety and I am on Lexapro 20mg, nexium 40mg, and alprazolam .05mg as needed as well as a mulit vitamin plus iron and calcium. I have also had anemia off and on. I am currently going to OMT and getting manipulation done to see if it helps with the pain but as of yet I am still in pain and still unable to function "normally". I was wondering if anyone else out there has gone through anything similar as I still feel as though the doctors have missed something and there is something else going on with me. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement