Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

HELP! Left arm twitching, abnormal pupil activity etc

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Uncool
  • January 25, 2010
  • 00:52 PM

Hey,
Since about 2 weeks ago I have had a very weird twitch in my left arm, just under the bicep, but deeper inside the arm (more toward the bone) than the tricep. It's very infrequent, but I have noticed that it happens a lot more frequently when I am at rest; also when my arm is folded. Sometimes (and with more frequency as time goes on) the twitches have spread through my body, often in the right leg, but everywhere else also.

I have been to see a doctor and had my blood tested, everything came back fine. So he took my blood pressure, it was a little low, but not out of normal low. I do see 'stars' quite often and have found myself yawning and out of breath for no apparent reason.

Also, I have noticed when looking in the mirror (while remaining perfectly still) my pupils will expand and contract randomly. I thought at first this may have been due to changes in light, but that is not the case...Also my right pupil often looks like it's larger than the left when dilated.
My doctor said that he suspected the twitching may be due to a twinge I have had in the left side of my neck for years; it often (about every 5-10 minutes) feels as if it needs to be 'cracked'.
All of this is really starting to scare me :(

Other to that I am 19, female, probably have I.B.S. (my bowel movements are very irregular-constipated or diarrhea). I do take drugs; marijuana, ecstasy, and have been known to drink excessive amounts of booze. However I have recently been trying to lay off them and improve my diet + exercise regime. Also, it may help to note that I have been losing a lot of fat...not weight. I weigh around the same as I had previously, but am able to see my bones/muscles in a bit more detail.
I really hope that someone here can give me some clues that will lead to a diagnosis. I want to see what you have to say before I see my doctor again...
Thanks

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Hey,Since about 2 weeks ago I have had a very weird twitch in my left arm, just under the bicep, but deeper inside the arm (more toward the bone) than the tricep. It's very infrequent, but I have noticed that it happens a lot more frequently when I am at rest; also when my arm is folded. Sometimes (and with more frequency as time goes on) the twitches have spread through my body, often in the right leg, but everywhere else also.I have been to see a doctor and had my blood tested, everything came back fine. So he took my blood pressure, it was a little low, but not out of normal low. I do see 'stars' quite often and have found myself yawning and out of breath for no apparent reason.Also, I have noticed when looking in the mirror (while remaining perfectly still) my pupils will expand and contract randomly. I thought at first this may have been due to changes in light, but that is not the case...Also my right pupil often looks like it's larger than the left when dilated.My doctor said that he suspected the twitching may be due to a twinge I have had in the left side of my neck for years; it often (about every 5-10 minutes) feels as if it needs to be 'cracked'.All of this is really starting to scare me :(Other to that I am 19, female, probably have I.B.S. (my bowel movements are very irregular-constipated or diarrhea). I do take drugs; marijuana, ecstasy, and have been known to drink excessive amounts of booze. However I have recently been trying to lay off them and improve my diet + exercise regime. Also, it may help to note that I have been losing a lot of fat...not weight. I weigh around the same as I had previously, but am able to see my bones/muscles in a bit more detail.I really hope that someone here can give me some clues that will lead to a diagnosis. I want to see what you have to say before I see my doctor again...ThanksIBS = food allergies in my experience. Are you eating something new? Stay off the drugs/booze for now if you're unwell - thats a no brainer and if you can do that....you're in pretty good shape and im jealous.Twitches/fatigue etc - try a multi mineral + vitamin supplement. Lots of magnesium and calcium and b vitamins. Get a b12 injection too. And EAT WELL! Just whole natural foods
    marcus80 23 Replies
    • January 26, 2010
    • 03:48 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I believe various drugs can affect your eye's ability to focus (dilate/whatever). However you may not be aware that simple mineral (acid/base) imbalance can cause this too...something which would be easy to happen with diarrhea. As someone else just said, get off drugs, take a good multi, and work on stabilizing your digestion. Maybe add a good mineral pill too that. Good luck.
    madanthony 1,087 Replies
    • January 27, 2010
    • 07:34 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I know this thread is old, but did you ever get a diagnosis? A friend's father has identical symptoms (twitching pupils with weak muscles on one side) and doctors haven't been able to figure out what's going on.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 9, 2010
    • 07:27 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement