Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

possibility of hiv infection?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: 123xyz098
  • January 19, 2010
  • 05:50 AM

27 year old male, early saturday morning (1-16-10) i was intoxicated and visited a female sex worker in mexico. i had protected sex, however 8 hours prior i had shaved my pubic hair. i tried to not get fluid on me, there was not much, mostly lube which seemed to be water based but the condom left about an inch of exposed skin. exactly 35.5 hours later i noticed a painful hard lymph node below my ear next to my jaw line on the left side had formed and recently a smaller non painful one on the right came up. they're not visible but i saw a doctor today 1-18-10 and they noticed it upon touching. the night before i was sweating in bed but i couldn't tell if it was because of nerves and being over dressed. i did not have a temperature at the doctors. i have had a loose diarreah like stool since saturday, but is slighty better today. i had a bad headache the next day and still feel a little nausea and like my head is full, but i did drink alot that night. i have not had very much sleep. my sinuses are fairly clear feeling but the doctor did give me antibiotics for what they she thought could be a sinus infection starting based on examining my throat and also thought i may have a prostate infection.

my lymphs have grown in the past because of eye or sinus infections, is the location of this one more indicative of that? is it too soon to have symptoms? what should i be on the lookout for?
please, any opinions would help, thank you.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement