Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Constant rectal pain/pressure

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: envision_man
  • January 7, 2007
  • 04:40 AM

I am a 34 year-old male with no known medical problems (other than slightly high cholesterol). I am not overweight. I exercise fairly regularly and eat healthy foods for the most part. I am married with 3 kids.

For the last 5 days, I have had constant pressure in my rectum, and some minor pain. I always feel like I have to have a bowel movement (although nothing comes out). In addition to the pressure, I am experiencing a constant pain that is very deep in my rectum... it seems near my tailbone. It isn't a major pain, just about 4 out of 10. The pain/pressure is constant, day and night.

I am also experiencing a lot of gas... I seem to pass gas all day long. My stools have been mostly loose, although today I only had 1 bowel movement and it was rather normal.

For the last 24 hours I have been experiencing abdominal pain as well. It isn't horrific, but very irritating. It also never seems to go away.

I have no blood in my stools (that I can tell, anyway). I have had hemmeroids before, and this is definitely not that. The pain/pressure is way up inside me, and isn't effected by bowel movements or sex (or anything, for that matter). In the last few weeks, I have felt a 'pulsing' feeling in my colon or rectum that is not painful, just strange. THose episodes would last about 30 seconds, and felt like small muscle spasms. I don't know if this had anything to do with my current problem.

Any ideas? I am getting tired of this non-stop pain! Ugh.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement