Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Vaginal Cuts

Posted In: Sexual conditions 11 Replies
  • Posted By: Lola91
  • January 16, 2010
  • 00:33 PM

Every so often I notice that I have several thin, long cuts on the outside lips of my vagina. They are usually about 1 cm's distance from the area around the clitoris, or down the bottom near the anus. They hurt quite severely, and the pain lasts a long time. They are especially aggravated by urinating, sex, any tight underwear or any temperature of water. When I get any I try to take a lot of baths in tepid water to make sure the area is very clean, then I always dry very carefully. The cuts seem to bleed a little bit, but not very much at all. They appear as long, thin slivers. They look a bit like long paper cuts. I have only been sexually active with one man, my boyfriend, and neither he nor I have ever had any STD's or STI's. The pain is quite bad, and it is very uncomfortable, and I am just wondering what it could possibly be, as they seem to have no obvious external cause.

Reply Flag this Discussion

11 Replies:

• If you shave it very well could be from a razor and you just dont feel it till a day later. Or it could be from rough sex. make sure if he touches you down there his fingernails are clipped.:)
    dinkerbell01 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I also got this recently and I think it was from shaving or something like a fingernail or other irritation. It hurt so much I did this cleaning thing I do 4 cc of hydrogen peroxide in the morning 4 cc at night ( I use a cleaned plunger kind of thing from an antibiotic treatment I had to give my kids) then after that I put a 500 m. vit. c non chewable up there while i sleep can get a bit runny so wear a panty liner but it is to get the acidity back in the vagina, then in the morning, through the day and the next night I put in lactobacillis to replace the good bacteria that should be in there. I have a capsule of the live stuff I break open put on a clean finger and stick up there. The pain was still so bad I then slathered over polysporin all on the outside the first night and finally the pain stopped after all that phew! I was thinking that I had my period right before all this so maybe I was irritating it with toilet paper. Too much wiping? I don't know but I am some relieved I got the pain to stop.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I too have these. I dont believe they are from a razor or fingernails. I decribe them as papercuts too... I wonder if it from vaginal dryness but I too would love to find out what these are from, extremely irritating!
    ready2Bnewlywed 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have this right now and they are like paper cuts!! They also bleed a little and it hurts when i pee and to wipe, also when i take a shower it hurts to clean, for i have to very careful. Have any of you gone to the doctors to see what it is? I keep thinking it is something really bad, but i hope that isn't true.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have this problem too. I don't think it's from shaving but I think it is possible that it comes from sex. I thought it might be sort of like stretching/ ripping if the man is big/ woman is small but I'm not really sure.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 1, 2010
    • 02:15 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Vaginal cuts are common, but if they are intensely painful they may turn up with various infections. While the toxins are flushed out of the body while urinating. Kindly seek medical treatment to recover faster.
    kenny09 8 Replies
    • September 1, 2010
    • 01:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Yes it a big problem sometimes too have the sex whwen having veginal cuts.
    southindian 1 Replies
    • September 3, 2010
    • 10:35 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i really want to know too! bc i have been getting them & they sting so bad when i take showers or pee! i know i didnt cut myself with a razzor. & i havent been sexually active for 9 months. ive been scared to death that it could be herpes or something. im too scared to go to a doctor tho bc i dont want my parents to find out. helppp please!?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 15, 2010
    • 07:18 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i've been having the same problem but i'm not sexually active. it feels like i have little cut and let me tell you that was very awkward to google, but i have had a uti and i dont know if that is a factor in any of this. but if any one has any answers or any info on this would be awesome
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 13, 2010
    • 05:45 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi I too was getings cuts in the foldings of my legs near vagina. They were very uncomfortable and painful. I had been geting them for about 6 months, sex was painful it felt like it would tear more. I recently went to see my obgyn, I had my paps done n my results showed I had candida. Dr prescribed a generic pill of diflucan and sum hydrocortisone oitment. It helped a whole lot. I had been reading posts on internet n was afraid of what it could have been. I didn't want it to be any worse then this. I have been clear for almost a month now and I hope its stays that way. My advice to anybody is to go to a dr. I know for some of us we can be embarrassed to (I was) but we should get treated before it gets worse. I think I waited to long and I wish i'd gone sooner. Oh and before I forget to mention I also had a uti, I don’t know if that could have caused it to get so bad. hope this info can help sum1
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 10, 2011
    • 00:39 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I to have this problem im 8 1/2 months pregnant and i noticed everytime i get them is when i wipe to hard to clean all the discharge"sorry tmi" but i found relive by taking a hot salt bath and putting extra salt on the cuts "yes it does sting but it is worth it trust me" and you can also use a sandwich bag with ice in it wrapped in papertowel it will help as well just be carefulwhen you wipe! Hope this helped!
    Anonymous 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement