Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

No appetite, horrible fatigue, no gall bladder, HELP!

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: sonic13
  • January 14, 2010
  • 08:32 PM

Ok here is the deal. I am 23 and had my gallbladder out 3 years ago at 20. It was funtioning at 34% so it was removed due to pain everytime I was active. It took me a while to get better, and I thought I was out of the woods but I have all of a sudden lost my appetite to eat anything. If by chance I do get hungry and eat I get bloated and feel terrible. I didnt have sprue and Im currently waiting results for a gastric empty stomach test and h pylori. I have a funny taste in my mouth, 0 energy, and sometimes get weird hot/cold flashes. Im at the end of the line because I do not intend to live miserably. I know I may not be getting enough vitamins from fat due to less concentrated bile, so could it be possible to have a lack of b12? I have started to take digestive enzymes, soy lecithen, and I am about to purchase bile salts in hopes of getting straightened out. I need some relief because I am house bound and getting worse. Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Ok here is the deal. I am 23 and had my gallbladder out 3 years ago at 20. It was funtioning at 34% so it was removed due to pain everytime I was active. It took me a while to get better, and I thought I was out of the woods but I have all of a sudden lost my appetite to eat anything. If by chance I do get hungry and eat I get bloated and feel terrible. I didnt have sprue and Im currently waiting results for a gastric empty stomach test and h pylori. I have a funny taste in my mouth, 0 energy, and sometimes get weird hot/cold flashes. Im at the end of the line because I do not intend to live miserably. I know I may not be getting enough vitamins from fat due to less concentrated bile, so could it be possible to have a lack of b12? I have started to take digestive enzymes, soy lecithen, and I am about to purchase bile salts in hopes of getting straightened out. I need some relief because I am house bound and getting worse. Thanks.Hi Sonic,You are correct, that it can be B12.B12 vitamin is difficult to get absorbed in body.check out your Serum b12 Level and try taking b12 sublinguals rather then oral B12 tabs.I would recommend you to read the highly popular thread on b12 on this forum.http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=9948Read also the basic thread and get understanding what B12 deficiency can lead to.http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=62327I know a lot of people on that thread having digestive issues, had got their Gall Bladder removed and later found the issue to be B12 deficiency.ThanksArya
    b12_UnDiagnosed 110 Replies
    • January 15, 2010
    • 09:00 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi Sonic,You are correct, that it can be B12.B12 vitamin is difficult to get absorbed in body.check out your Serum b12 Level and try taking b12 sublinguals rather then oral B12 tabs.I would recommend you to read the highly popular thread on b12 on this forum.http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=9948 Read also the basic thread and get understanding what B12 deficiency can lead to.http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=62327 I know a lot of people on that thread having digestive issues, had got their Gall Bladder removed and later found the issue to be B12 deficiency. ThanksArya Thanks for the reply. It's funny you say that about the sublinguals because I picked some up today. My doctor actually called me last night and we had a long talk. I was negative for h-pylori and he said I passed the gastric empty test with flying colors. How, I do not know, because I could eat a little something of the morning and be burping it up 6 hours later. Sorry for the graphic. He said I had severe depression anxiety as well as real bad ocd causing my issues. He gave me 20mg paxil and another something to take 30 min before I eat. Today I seem to feel a little better so far. Im horrified I will continue to go through this, but only time will tell. Hear is a little more info on myself. Got into a bad fight with my brother about 6 months ago now. Never been in a fight my whole life. Got slugged in the eye and pretty much mangled the right side of my face breaking like 4-5 bones. I had to have surgery and get it plated and that was really when i took a turn for the worse. Could the sleepy medicine during surgery cause a "switch" to flip or something? It was a very stressful time for me because we have always been very close. Brotherly love right! At least now he owes me pretty much forever. lol And thanks for posting that thread with the symptoms. The other one I stumbled on through a google search and is what made me wonder if a lack of b12 could be part of my issue. Again thanks for the reply.
    sonic13 1 Replies
    • January 16, 2010
    • 00:00 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks for the reply. It's funny you say that about the sublinguals because I picked some up today. My doctor actually called me last night and we had a long talk. I was negative for h-pylori and he said I passed the gastric empty test with flying colors. How, I do not know, because I could eat a little something of the morning and be burping it up 6 hours later. Sorry for the graphic. He said I had severe depression anxiety as well as real bad ocd causing my issues. He gave me 20mg paxil and another something to take 30 min before I eat. Today I seem to feel a little better so far. Im horrified I will continue to go through this, but only time will tell. Hear is a little more info on myself. Got into a bad fight with my brother about 6 months ago now. Never been in a fight my whole life. Got slugged in the eye and pretty much mangled the right side of my face breaking like 4-5 bones. I had to have surgery and get it plated and that was really when i took a turn for the worse. Could the sleepy medicine during surgery cause a "switch" to flip or something? It was a very stressful time for me because we have always been very close. Brotherly love right! At least now he owes me pretty much forever. lol And thanks for posting that thread with the symptoms. The other one I stumbled on through a google search and is what made me wonder if a lack of b12 could be part of my issue. Again thanks for the reply.Hi Sonic,Sometimes doctor's tend to ignore the reason why person is having Anxiety & Depression and just start treating by giving some antidepressants, That works for a while but the patient again comes back to square one. If the cause is B12 deficiency, these Psychosis drugs may help you for sometime unless B12 goes down to a level where its called B12 crash. Then if you are lucky enough doctor may ask you for a B12 serum or uMMA test but if your level comes on boundary line ( around 200 pg/ml), Doctor may still not take you seriously. Best way is to start a trail of B12.I have a question, Did you get Nitrous Oxide gas when you went for surgery, If yes, Then you should know that nitrous gas depletes B12 in our body way to fast.Anyway, better to read and post your concerns on that thread which I forwarded.Get well SoonThanksArya
    b12_UnDiagnosed 110 Replies
    • January 17, 2010
    • 04:23 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement