Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Pink Worms in toilet?

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 28, 2009
  • 04:32 AM

Hello All,
I have recently (within the last few months) occasionally been finding pink worms in the toilet. Its not on a regular basis, maybe have seen 5 or 6 in the past few months and there is only one in the toilet at a time. They almost have the appearance of a earthworm. The ones I have found are from 2 to 3 inches long. I took one out of the toilet water and it shriveled up until I put it back in the water and it went back to normal. I have done some research on the internet and found round worms. Round worms seem to be similar to the worms I have found in the toilet. The thing that really confuses me is that me nor my wife have really had any symptoms of having any parasites inside us. I have not seen a doctor because I don't want to go unless I have to. Has anyone ever had round worms or has anyone had this kind of problem? Thanks

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Hello All, I have recently (within the last few months) occasionally been finding pink worms in the toilet. Its not on a regular basis, maybe have seen 5 or 6 in the past few months and there is only one in the toilet at a time. They almost have the appearance of a earthworm. The ones I have found are from 2 to 3 inches long. I took one out of the toilet water and it shriveled up until I put it back in the water and it went back to normal. I have done some research on the internet and found round worms. Round worms seem to be similar to the worms I have found in the toilet. The thing that really confuses me is that me nor my wife have really had any symptoms of having any parasites inside us. I have not seen a doctor because I don't want to go unless I have to. Has anyone ever had round worms or has anyone had this kind of problem? ThanksHi there. I'm not a doctor and I've never had parasites but I've had horrible stomach issues for over 5 and a half years now and I've done a lot of studying about parasites. This is exactly what you have and u need to go to the doctor a.s.a.p.! Parasites can kill you. They can live in your body and you can not see any symptoms until they have been inside you for a long time. Please go see your doctor and good luck.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 28, 2009
    • 01:02 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello All, I did in fact go to the doctor today and was informed me and my wife both could very well have worms. They did not do any tests or anything of the sort, but I think they really thought we did have them. The doctor did not say what kind of worms we have somehow been infested with but did say that there has been a few other people from my town in about the same problem so they gave us some Vermox to take care of the worms. Thanks everyone and hopefully this will take care of the problem. I hope that someone else can find this thread useful if they are experiencing the same problem. Thanks again.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 29, 2009
    • 04:03 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Recently I saw one dead pink worm (black head) in downstairs toilet bowl and yesterday I found a live wriggly 3inch one as well. Aaagh! I poured some DOMESTOS bleach in there and it died. Hopefully this will be the first and last time I get so grossed out by a sight like this. What bugs me is not knowing where they came from - ie: me or from the pipes? Have no parasite in me that I'm aware of and have never had anything like this before.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement