Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

Tongue - White coat in back, red dots on front

• Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 23, 2009
  • 09:15 AM

Hello, thanks for reading this. As of about 5 days ago, i've developed a white coat on my tongue, towards the back. In addition, I also have many red dots (or bumps) on the front and tip of my tongue. They hurt when I eat, especially things that are very hot (temperature-wise) or spicy.

Prior to the dots appearing, about a week and a half ago, I had a sore throat, as well as a shooting pain in my chest every time I swallowed, sometimes causing me to burp. The doctor told me not to worry too much about it, it seems viral, he gave no prescription, and the pain subsided within 2-3 days. I'm not sure whether or not this could be related, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to include it.

I read around online, and I know that it's impossible to diagnose me without actually inspecting the problem first-hand, but I'm starting to get worried that it might be STD related?

I am 18 years old and have only had sex with one girl (my girlfriend of 9 months) and we are sexually active. Prior to me, she has had unprotected sex with another guy. The only real reason I was possibly ruling out an STD is because we've been having sex since the beginning of the relationship 9 months ago, so it wouldn't make sense for me to be showing symptoms now (or so I thought, I could be wrong). I mean, this is all assuming she hasn't been with another guy in the time we've been going out, but in all honesty I highly doubt that's the case. When I told her of these symptoms, she swore to me that if it's anything from her, it could not have been something she's contracted within the last 9 months. However, for diagnosis reasons, it would be safer to leave all possibilities open I suppose.

A final problem i've been experiencing this last week or so has also been a slight dry/chapped feeling at the very edges of my lips. No sores or pimples, just seems to be chapped lips. Again, this is probably just your average chapped lips, nothing to be worried about, but it just seemed like it was in a weird location, compared to the usual.

Aside from these symptoms, I haven't had any others that I can recall. Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you're able to come up with a few possibilities for me!

(As for seeing a doctor, I plan to shortly, I just couldn't help but ask now. I've been making myself really nervous lately reading about all these STDs, HIV, etc.)

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement