Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Weird itchy bump on face THAT KEEPS COMING BACK MONTHS LATER!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 21, 2009
  • 10:25 PM

About 7 months ago when I was in Taiwan, I first noticed an itch on my right cheek. Naturally, I scratched it a little bit. After a few seconds though, it started getting itchier and started to swell up exactly like a mosquito bite. So I thought "great, a mosquito bite on my face". After about 5-10 minutes later though the welt went away completely along with the itch after I applied an ice cube over the spot. So I thought that was that...but little did I know.

After about a month, the itch came back, at the same exact place on my face! Since then, the itch would come back at the most random times, usually once or twice a month, on the same spot on my face. It would start with a very slight itch, then gradually get itchier, then it would start to swell up, with a big whitish raised bump in the middle, and the sides would be all red. It looks exactly like a mosquito bite, and would last about 3-10 minutes depending if i put an ice cold towel on it or just left it alone. I'm getting worried, since I have never heard of anything like this before. Can anyone please tell me what this is, and why I am getting it??!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement