Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Weird itchy bump on face THAT KEEPS COMING BACK MONTHS LATER!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 5 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 21, 2009
  • 10:25 PM

About 7 months ago when I was in Taiwan, I first noticed an itch on my right cheek. Naturally, I scratched it a little bit. After a few seconds though, it started getting itchier and started to swell up exactly like a mosquito bite. So I thought "great, a mosquito bite on my face". After about 5-10 minutes later though the welt went away completely along with the itch after I applied an ice cube over the spot. So I thought that was that...but little did I know.

After about a month, the itch came back, at the same exact place on my face! Since then, the itch would come back at the most random times, usually once or twice a month, on the same spot on my face. It would start with a very slight itch, then gradually get itchier, then it would start to swell up, with a big whitish raised bump in the middle, and the sides would be all red. It looks exactly like a mosquito bite, and would last about 3-10 minutes depending if i put an ice cold towel on it or just left it alone. I'm getting worried, since I have never heard of anything like this before. Can anyone please tell me what this is, and why I am getting it??!

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• I have had the same thing. Exactly like you said where it slightly itches then once i scratch it it itches like crazy. Im sorry but i have know idea what it is. If anyone knows please help us us.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 4, 2011
    • 07:04 AM
    Flag this Response
  • No clue what this is! But you described EXACTLY what has happened to me!!About a year ago I got a mosquito bite on my face, I scratched it a little, applied medicine and it went away....Since then, that SAME EXACT mosquito bite has reappeared on my face in the EXACT same spot about 7-8 times in the past year. I would say it happens once every 2 months. It pops up and lasts for a little bit, but is completely gone within 1-2 hours. No big deal. No pain, nothing like that. Just very annoying and strange!!It's the weirdest thing ever. I do not know why this dang bump keeps coming back over and over again in the same exact spot.I would imagine that whatever the mosquito put under my skin, it has not gone away entirely.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I also have the same thing except mine last a couple of hours sometimes
  • I have the same thing. I got an itchy small bump on my foreheard...it won't go away...the dermatologist has burned it away twice and it comes back! Help!
  • www.wisegeek.com/how-can-i-get-rid-of-a-boil.htm i have the very same thing. my doctor gave me "penicilina" rub to put on it, and it seems to be going away.it happends when you sweat in the same spot, and the chemicals build up or something like that.anyway, the skin rejects it, then becomes infected.
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement