Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Painful burning itchy bumps on fingers and outside edge of feet.

Posted In: Skin conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 21, 2009
  • 04:24 PM

I have these weird blisters that came overnight. They are white...almost like a water blister, with a red "halo" around the outside of each one. They all started as just a red pinprick mark. they are incredibly sore, esp the ones on my feet since that is where I walk. last night when i went to bed my feet felt like they were one fire! My hands dont bother me as much unless I hit them. each bump is solid. None are the same shape. They are not close together like a rash. Just 1-2 on a few fingers, and almost in a line around the outside of my foot. My right hand is worse than my left hand, but my left foot is worse than my right. I had one single red bump on my elbow but did not notice till it started bleeding so i am not sure if is the same. My feet randomly get hot and sometimes I get a pins n needles feeling, but I have had that for a while and am not sure if it relates. I have never had an allergic reaction to anything, nor have i done anything different lately. My left eye has done this weird pulsing feeling a couple times lately and I have felt lightheaded and weak as well. not sure any of this has to do with the bumps. They are very painful and I wear combat boots everyday and really need to figure this out because the boots are horrible on the bumps! The Drs here arent the best about trying to find the problem, instead they would rather treat the symptom. I have been putting cortozone cream on and it has not helped.

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• Ok... I have a simular problem. My feet get hot not only at night when I am laying down but during the day as well. They are hot to the touch and feel like they are on fire on the inside. I sometimes have to use ice packs or stand in cold water to get relief... my other problem is after a real hot eppisode i get small blisters on the outsides of my feet. These itch and burn as well. I am not a diabetic and i do not have a thyroid problem... but i can not find out what is wrong.... any help is appreciated. naydenelashay@netzero.net
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have these weird blisters that came overnight. They are white...almost like a water blister, with a red "halo" around the outside of each one. They all started as just a red pinprick mark. they are incredibly sore, esp the ones on my feet since that is where I walk. last night when i went to bed my feet felt like they were one fire! My hands dont bother me as much unless I hit them. each bump is solid. None are the same shape. They are not close together like a rash. Just 1-2 on a few fingers, and almost in a line around the outside of my foot. My right hand is worse than my left hand, but my left foot is worse than my right. I had one single red bump on my elbow but did not notice till it started bleeding so i am not sure if is the same. My feet randomly get hot and sometimes I get a pins n needles feeling, but I have had that for a while and am not sure if it relates. I have never had an allergic reaction to anything, nor have i done anything different lately. My left eye has done this weird pulsing feeling a couple times lately and I have felt lightheaded and weak as well. not sure any of this has to do with the bumps. They are very painful and I wear combat boots everyday and really need to figure this out because the boots are horrible on the bumps! The Drs here arent the best about trying to find the problem, instead they would rather treat the symptom. I have been putting cortozone cream on and it has not helped.After my husband suffered from this same condition, I wrote this post to "pay it forward"...After doing more research on my husbands condition...we found the cause of his itchy, painful bump and blisters that appeared on his elbows, knees, forehead, butt, and fingers. I had to come back here to post our findings to help others.He went to 4 doctors (Dermatologists and allergists). None of them tested his skin. All they did was prescribe a steroid cream... that did not work. One doc told him it was eczema...another said psoriasis...another told him it was shingles. Even I knew it wasn't those things! Why can't doctors just say that they DON'T KNOW what it is... instead of making something up?After searching for weeks online, I finally found a picture of it. It was shown as Dermatitis Herpetiformis !! I printed the picture and he took the pic to the doc the next day and told him that he wanted his skin tested for Dermatitis Herpetiformis. The test came back POSITIVE! Cause = GLUTEN!! He never had any stomach issues and that is why the docs never thought of it. A very small percentage only have Dermatitis Herpetiformis without the stomach issues. He went on a gluten diet and the sores are gone. He can tell when he eats gluten, because he gets some sores back. He was prescribed Dapsone for times when he accidentally eats gluten and gets the sores. The Dapsone helps. Since he avoids gluten, he doesn't need the Dapsone very often.I just had to post this, so others won't have to suffer with docs that are clueless. You are your own best advocate ; - )Best of Luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 5, 2011
    • 02:41 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have these weird blisters that came overnight. They are white...almost like a water blister, with a red "halo" around the outside of each one. They all started as just a red pinprick mark. they are incredibly sore, esp the ones on my feet since that is where I walk. last night when i went to bed my feet felt like they were one fire! My hands dont bother me as much unless I hit them. each bump is solid. None are the same shape. They are not close together like a rash. Just 1-2 on a few fingers, and almost in a line around the outside of my foot. My right hand is worse than my left hand, but my left foot is worse than my right. I had one single red bump on my elbow but did not notice till it started bleeding so i am not sure if is the same. My feet randomly get hot and sometimes I get a pins n needles feeling, but I have had that for a while and am not sure if it relates. I have never had an allergic reaction to anything, nor have i done anything different lately. My left eye has done this weird pulsing feeling a couple times lately and I have felt lightheaded and weak as well. not sure any of this has to do with the bumps. They are very painful and I wear combat boots everyday and really need to figure this out because the boots are horrible on the bumps! The Drs here arent the best about trying to find the problem, instead they would rather treat the symptom. I have been putting cortozone cream on and it has not helped.After my husband suffered from this same condition, I wrote this post to "pay it forward"...After doing more research on my husbands condition...we found the cause of his itchy, painful bump and blisters that appeared on his elbows, knees, forehead, butt, and fingers. I had to come back here to post our findings to help others.He went to 4 doctors (Dermatologists and allergists). None of them tested his skin. All they did was prescribe a steroid cream... that did not work. One doc told him it was eczema...another said psoriasis...another told him it was shingles. Even I knew it wasn't those things! Why can't doctors just say that they DON'T KNOW what it is... instead of making something up?After searching for weeks online, I finally found a picture of it. It was shown as Dermatitis Herpetiformis !! I printed the picture and he took the pic to the doc the next day and told him that he wanted his skin tested for Dermatitis Herpetiformis. The test came back POSITIVE! Cause = GLUTEN!! He never had any stomach issues and that is why the docs never thought of it. A very small percentage only have Dermatitis Herpetiformis without the stomach issues. He went on a gluten diet and the sores are gone. He can tell when he eats gluten, because he gets some sores back. He was prescribed Dapsone for times when he accidentally eats gluten and gets the sores. The Dapsone helps. Since he avoids gluten, he doesn't need the Dapsone very often.I just had to post this, so others won't have to suffer with docs that are clueless. You are your own best advocate ; - )Best of Luck!
    stef165 1 Replies
    • February 5, 2011
    • 02:47 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement