Discussions By Condition: Infectious diseases

Serious Staph Infection

Posted In: Infectious diseases 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 5, 2007
  • 00:34 AM

I am currently recovering from a serious staph infection in my lower left arm. I did NOT cut nor scratch myself on that arm. I did have a flu shot administered by my companies nurses just one day previous. I can only link the entry of the staph bacteria to the flu shot. Perhaps the staph bacteria was either on my arm or on the person giving the injection and that the injection provided a point of entry? What is perplexing however is that no irratation occured directly at the area of the injection ie it was in the upper arm area and the infection was first noticed a day and a half later initially at the elbow area as a soreness. My first question is: is it possible for the bacteria to enter through an injection in the upper arm and then to migrate down the arm and manifest itself their. What other possible expanations would you have?

I waited probably too long to go to the hospital and this made the infection much more serious. I had two surgies on the arm to drain etc and was on IV antibiodics for approximatly 30 days. I am now on oral antbiodics. I had a complication in the hospital after the surgry where my lung accumulated fluid and this had to be dealt with. I am begining to get my energy back but it is a slow up and down process.

All feedback would be appreciated.
http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/images/misc/progress.gif

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement