Discussions By Condition: Hand conditions

Hand Blisters/Rash

Posted In: Hand conditions 10 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 4, 2007
  • 07:20 PM

I have developed some strange blisters on my left hand that are clear and clustered. They are very small, and located primarily on the outside of my palm near my pinkie finger. I am unclear why they have formed, and wondering if it is an alergy to something.

Reply Flag this Discussion

10 Replies:

• is your tongue red? do you feel inflammation in throat or eyes?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 4, 2007
    • 09:20 PM
    Flag this Response
  • check a condition called dyshydrosis.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 28, 2007
    • 01:11 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Have you handled flowers recently??? My hands blistered after handling Alstroemeria (Peruvian Lily) -you see these beautiful fls now everywhere, esp the grocery stores. It blistered my hands so bad, that sometimes a blister would come out ofa blister that was popped. Once at a restaurant, my hands started itching after handling the menu...turns out , budvases of "Alstroe" wererecently on the tables, and transferred from the waiters hands/vase/menu..pretty scary. Also, had used gloves, all of the sudden, my feet were in pain, and couldn't bend my knees! The sap (juice from stems) from the Alstroehad dripped into my shoelaces of my shoes. Had to have help to removemy shoes - went into ER - they said they never heard of it before. Benedryl seemed to help the most. Not sure if it is the sap of the flower, or possibley the pesticides they use on them. Most of the Alstroemeria now come from South America. Theirstandards are different for chemicals than here. I am middle aged, and now find that "Bounce" from the dryer irritates meto no end, as well as some perfumes. Would be interesting to find out, if you were working in a garden, or handling flowers of any kind...good luck to you, hope you are well soon.
    Marmac2 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • @Marmac2>> I have anaphylactic reactions to live poinsettias if they are blooming. just one, anywhere in a building, can kill me. I understand your plight. Please ask your doctor for an epipen. It could save your life. It has mine on many occasions.Have you handled flowers recently??? My hands blistered after handling Alstroemeria (Peruvian Lily) -you see these beautiful fls now everywhere, esp the grocery stores. It blistered my hands so bad, that sometimes a blister would come out ofa blister that was popped. Once at a restaurant, my hands started itching after handling the menu...turns out , budvases of "Alstroe" wererecently on the tables, and transferred from the waiters hands/vase/menu..pretty scary. Also, had used gloves, all of the sudden, my feet were in pain, and couldn't bend my knees! The sap (juice from stems) from the Alstroehad dripped into my shoelaces of my shoes. Had to have help to removemy shoes - went into ER - they said they never heard of it before. Benedryl seemed to help the most. Not sure if it is the sap of the flower, or possibley the pesticides they use on them. Most of the Alstroemeria now come from South America. Theirstandards are different for chemicals than here. I am middle aged, and now find that "Bounce" from the dryer irritates meto no end, as well as some perfumes. Would be interesting to find out, if you were working in a garden, or handling flowers of any kind...good luck to you, hope you are well soon.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have developed some strange blisters on my left hand that are clear and clustered. They are very small, and located primarily on the outside of my palm near my pinkie finger. I am unclear why they have formed, and wondering if it is an alergy to something.I have had this same condition many times. Infact I am looking up the cause of it tonight because my daughter who is now 20 also just got this condition. My mother has also had it in the past and advised me that it was nerves that cause it.I remember the tiny clear small blister like clusters that itch and usually form around my knuckles on my hand and I've also had them on the inside of my hand, though usually they appear on the knuckles and often on the pinky figer. It itches really bad and if you scratch it or pop them they usually spread or get worse.I also am looking for an answer so I hope someone posts one soon. I don't think it is from handling flowers because I have had this happen in the winter when I haven't been around any flowers or fresh foliage/vegtable etc. Good Luck , Also, I recommend putting on Calamine lotion or some anti-itch lotion. I suppose it could be an allergy to something???? I hope you find your answer.
  • try making a paste of baking soda and water, and applying to the area for five min. then rinse
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 27, 2011
    • 06:04 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It might be a fungal infection. I have tiny, itchy blisters on my hand and that what it was diagnosed as by a dermatologist. I have started an antifungal cream, 4 days later, it is still spreading though! Hence me looking on line.************************I have had this same condition many times. Infact I am looking up the cause of it tonight because my daughter who is now 20 also just got this condition. My mother has also had it in the past and advised me that it was nerves that cause it.I remember the tiny clear small blister like clusters that itch and usually form around my knuckles on my hand and I've also had them on the inside of my hand, though usually they appear on the knuckles and often on the pinky figer. It itches really bad and if you scratch it or pop them they usually spread or get worse.I also am looking for an answer so I hope someone posts one soon. I don't think it is from handling flowers because I have had this happen in the winter when I haven't been around any flowers or fresh foliage/vegtable etc. Good Luck , Also, I recommend putting on Calamine lotion or some anti-itch lotion. I suppose it could be an allergy to something???? I hope you find your answer.
  • I have developed some strange blisters on my left hand that are clear and clustered. They are very small, and located primarily on the outside of my palm near my pinkie finger. I am unclear why they have formed, and wondering if it is an alergy to something.I have had a similiar problem for the last several years. I work with horses and haul hay and thought I had some allergy. I went to the dermitologist and he said it was excema and that medication didnt work and so on for three different times. Finally, I asked him if it could be athletes foot. He said he had only seen a couple of cases on the palm or side of the hand in his career. Well, he still didnt check. I went to my regular MD and asked for anti-fungal pills and the water blisters all went away. Occasionally if I use the same gloves I will get it again and then I just use lotrimin or lamisil cream. I have not had athletes foot since I was a child and this didnt look at all like ringworm, in a circle. The blisters were in groups but no obvious leasions etc. But it was ringworm. Freaked me out because I thought I was so clean how could i get that, but if you ever even touch dirt to plant flowers you can get it if its in your soil. By the way, I got relief from the blisters in a day or two but it took weeks of ointment for them to stay away.
  • It might be a fungal infection. I have tiny, itchy blisters on my hand and that what it was diagnosed as by a dermatologist. I have started an antifungal cream, 4 days later, it is still spreading though! Hence me looking on line.************************Keep using the fungal medication and ask for a prescription for pill form. It took me much longer to get rid of the little blisters until I took the Lamisil pills as well as the ointment. I never dreamed I could have a fungus on my hands. I wash my hands a kabillion times a day and then lotion. (same for years) But I get this every 6 months or so and it lasts until I take meds again. They are small blisterlike and I worry that I can give them to my grandkids.
  • I have been dealing with this condition for about 2 years now. I get tiny, clear blisters on my hands, right hand mostly. Sometimes they look like a little white head, but mostly clear, tiny blisters. They itch like crazy, especially at night. They eventually pop, and clear liquid comes out. They usually end up turning into little cuts after that. So my hands are dry and have little cuts on them. I am actually going to the Dr on Friday for it. I know for sure what makes it worse-- antibacterial soaps are horrible for my hands! And, the sponges to wash dishes. I think I am allergic to the material. I have been using hydro-cortisone cream which helped a lot but it never completely clears so I am going to my Dr on Friday. Will update with the news!
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement