Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Red, Itchy, Hot, Flaky, Face.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: cybersearch
  • December 3, 2009
  • 02:58 PM

Every so often, I get inflamation on my face that gets hot, itchy, flaky, bumpy, extremely dry that pulls as if it was going to tear. I have seen many dermatologist that have tested me for Lupus but negative, treated me for photolight sensitivity, and Rosacea, but no treatment has helped. I'm an extremely allergic person, but I am staying away from everything (food and environmental) that causes me allergies. Has anyone suffered from the same problem? Have you gotten real help from this? Please do let me know.

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• Every so often, I get inflamation on my face that gets hot, itchy, flaky, bumpy, extremely dry that pulls as if it was going to tear. I have seen many dermatologist that have tested me for Lupus but negative, treated me for photolight sensitivity, and Rosacea, but no treatment has helped. I'm an extremely allergic person, but I am staying away from everything (food and environmental) that causes me allergies. Has anyone suffered from the same problem? Have you gotten real help from this? Please do let me know.I have Rosacea and i havent found a cure or a something to reduce the redness. It makes me mad, i had a break out today, and its all red, i want to get into teh doctor ASAP because its so embarrasing, but if i find a awesner to this, ill make sure to tell you.. i know how u feel, urs not alonee.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 12, 2009
    • 03:58 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm the one who posted the original post, but I forgot my password. Anyway, I was diagnosed with Rosacea once, but after many treatments, my dermatologists decided it wasn't rosacea. When I have an outbreak, my faces heats up so much that it was almost like a chemical burn afterwards. It peels and becomes bright red. Sometimes when it is in the middle of the burning, it also oozes. The last thing my doctors are trying is what they call PLE or PLS for Photolight Sensitivity. I underwent a series of UV treatments (about 10) and it helped me for a while. I was glad not to take medicine or put any kind of prednisone cream on my face because I noticed that it has thinned it so much my cheecks that they do not retain much moisture anymore, but dries rather quickly. This might be more you wanted to read, but if Rosacea treatments are not working for you, you could ask to be tested for PLE. Still, I haven't found a complete answer to my facial troubles, but I continue to search for it. Another thing I will try is to cut back on sugars (causes mild inflamation) and refine foods that do not help the body, your digestinal track, and even less your skin. Drink lots of fluid as well--mostly water--about 2 liters a day (sixty some ounces) and this will help flush toxins out of your system which it might show up in your skin. These are my latest thoughts on the matter!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 13, 2009
    • 02:45 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have been treated for Rosacea with no results. My face has been so hot that sometimes feels like a chemical burn. It also oozes at the worst times. I have been treated for PLE and used the UV treatments (about 10) and they have helped some. Nothing has taken this facial problem away though. I am going to try cutting out sweets and refine foods to see if they help at all. Also I am drinking about 2 liters (about 62 onces) of water a day and it seems to help a little. If anyone knows what else to do to help please post it and help those of us with this awful and embarrasing health trouble. :( PS: I posted the same before, but I seem to have lost it. If it appears later, oh well, it will drive the point yet further!
    cybersearch 1 Replies
    • December 13, 2009
    • 02:58 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Several years ago- I used a tanning bed in preparation for a trip to Florida in the winter for a base tan so I wouldn't burn---- the skin between my eyebrows and upper cheeks ; under the eyes, was never the same. It always maintains a red color, peels most of the time. It is a basic case of rosacea brought on by exposure to UV-- I am also allergic to many cleaning products and perfumes......not sure what brings on a flare up, but notice that it loses alot of redness and doesn't peel when I keep a GOOD moisturizer on it and apply it everyday/and DON'T peel. My favorite for flare ups it Vitamin E oil-- it is greasy and keeps it well hydrated. Most days I use Clinique M-lotion, or Lubriderm for problem days-- All of them work for me. The Vitamin E Oil reverses an outbreak, Clinique keeps them from happening. Hope this helps.....
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 15, 2009
    • 03:02 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement