Discussions By Condition: Chest conditions

I am having chest pain...

Posted In: Chest conditions 14 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 13, 2006
  • 08:34 PM

I have had chest pain for the past few days. It was at first in the center of my chest, and it was a pressure feeling, like something heavy was just pushing on my chest. It has come on and off, and sometimes is accompianed with stomach pains, and nausea. Should I see the doctor? Does anyone know what this may be? It is a very bad feeling.

Reply Flag this Discussion

14 Replies:

• Not sure, but I have chest pain and it got diagnosed as pluerisy. I had a lung infection (mild phnumonia) which was treated and the pluerisy came after that. It hurts more to breathe in deep and feels ok if only shallow breathing. It is worse in night and morning and is sore to press ribs. Hope this helps, good luck.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi! ANY TIME YOU HAVE CHEST PAIN ,GO TO THE DOCTOR!! i HAVE HAD 2 HEART ATTACKS, iT MAY NOT BE YOUR HEART, BUT YOU REALLY NEED TO GO TO THE DOCTOR. HOPE THIS HELPS GOOD LUCK!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 14, 2006
    • 00:27 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i have chest pains alot and i hav a great healthy heart but if you execise alot it could be a reason if your older than 35 you should worry and go check it outwith the doctor
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 6, 2006
    • 01:42 AM
    Flag this Response
  • have you considered panic attack? know it sounds like something minor to what your experiencing but believe me its not! i wake up every morning with nausea and chest pain. and i am a "healthy" 24 yr old! go see your doctor to rule out anything serious- don't be scared to get second or third opinions either!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 7, 2006
    • 08:57 PM
    Flag this Response
  • dont feel bad.i am a 19 year old girl,and i have had chest and lung pains.it feels like i am having a heart atack.i get scared often.i dont know what to do. i have been to the e.r. countless times.lol.it is probably anxiety.but i cant explain the lung pains.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 8, 2006
    • 09:48 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Heyah, I am a 13 year old girl, normally very healthy. 11 days ago I started getting chest pains myself on the left side, and my mum took me to A and E 3 times back and forth and the same with the doctors. I found out it was Tietze's syndrome, which is a very rear condition. It is very painfull and you can hav it beetween 3 days and 6 months its really mad.I am on co-codeamol or something like that 500mgx2 4 times a day. It takes the edge off it. These are the symptoms, Pains in the left side of chest, you can feel like you are having a heart attack!, trouble breathing, waking up at night, difficulty ***g any type of exercise and having hot and cold flushes.I hope this helped!:)Love Miley.:)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 29, 2007
    • 00:23 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am a 22 year old female. I've been having chest pains on and off for several months. Its making me very nervous. I haven't been to a Dr yet. Sometimes its when I breath deep. Then sometimes it just hurts behind my breasts and I almost have to double over because it hurts to bad. Any suggestions?
  • I have had chest pain for the past few days. It was at first in the center of my chest, and it was a pressure feeling, like something heavy was just pushing on my chest. It has come on and off, and sometimes is accompianed with stomach pains, and nausea. Should I see the doctor? Does anyone know what this may be? It is a very bad feeling.When do your chest pains start? Does it hurt when you breathe deeply, or does it hurt randomly? Do you have a history of heart problems, lung problems, or anxiety disorders, because those can definetly cause chest pain (I've had an anxiety attack before, as well as seasonal asthma). I'm probably leaning towards something like a gallbladder problem, heartburn, GERD, or something like that, but I'm not sure.I hope that it's alright! :)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 24, 2010
    • 07:08 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Oh man! You sound like my twin! I am the exact same way. SMH.
  • i'm a 14 yr old teen girl? and i've been having some chest pain.. it happens in the left side at times but now its happening to the middle of my chest. i haven't been to the doctor for a while bc i kinda consider myself a healthy person since i stretch in p.e. & run on certain days where i push myself at certain times. i do eat a lot since im a big eater xP. i don't rlly have any symptoms of a heart attack i think.. mostly internal chest pain... any suggestions on what it is? im a nervous person & i can overreact (sorry)
  • I have had chest pain for the past few days. It was at first in the center of my chest, and it was a pressure feeling, like something heavy was just pushing on my chest. It has come on and off, and sometimes is accompianed with stomach pains, and nausea. Should I see the doctor? Does anyone know what this may be? It is a very bad feeling.I swear that just started happening to me, the exact same thing. Are you overweight?? I just recently put on a lot of weight and am worried this has something to do with it!
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I am a 22 year old female. I've been having chest pains on and off for several months. Its making me very nervous. I haven't been to a Dr yet. Sometimes its when I breath deep. Then sometimes it just hurts behind my breasts and I almost have to double over because it hurts to bad. Any suggestions?hi my name is marsha, im a 21 year old female. and i also have been having the exact same symptoms but havent been able to find someone who has the exact same, i have not been diagnosed with anything and have been to er several times and they say nothings wrong! because these symptoms keep occuring im taking my matter to my family doctor so they can do different tests. it worries me and im sure it worries you as well, its a scary thing. My suggestion to you is to go see your family doctor right away it can be a number of different things. good luck to you. hope you get better soon
  • hi my name is marsha, im a 21 year old female. and i also have been having the exact same symptoms but havent been able to find someone who has the exact same, i have not been diagnosed with anything and have been to er several times and they say nothings wrong! because these symptoms keep occuring im taking my matter to my family doctor so they can do different tests. it worries me and im sure it worries you as well, its a scary thing. My suggestion to you is to go see your family doctor right away it can be a number of different things. good luck to you. hope you get better soonOk im sorry it took me so long to reply, but im a boy, and my chest has been hurting for a year on and off. I checked up and it could be Chostochondritis ( Inflamation near the ribs and breast connection) This could be your cause. Tests have shown that 70% of women Get chostochrondritis and 30% of men do. Also you could be going through puberty. I read an article (not completley accurate) and it said something about that. Good luck hope this helped.
  • Hey I'm a thirteen year old boy and I've had those before, but my mom says it's just gases. Their mostly caused by milk and/or yogurt but lately they've been more like pressure on my chest than pain. Can someone help??Alex :)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 16, 2011
    • 10:59 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement