Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

infection immediately after sex

Posted In: Sexual conditions 27 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 2, 2007
  • 00:50 AM

I recently started dating a guy who lives in a different state. We see each other about every three or four months. Everytime we get together ( about 4 times), I get a yeast infection. This last time I saw him, I told him he had to pull out. Now, I have a bladder infection. What is wrong? I have gone to the doctor and they act like it is no problem. Help Me.

Reply Flag this Discussion

27 Replies:

• You have candida. Please go to www.candidasupport.org or www.wholeapproach.com for more info. Candida causes yeast infections and UTI's and lots of other problems. The best local treatment for yeast infections is to take a high quality probiotic (acidopholus with other strains of beneficial flora) - get a capsule form and break open a capsule and mix with some plain unflavored yogurt. Insert this vaginally twice a day, if you can. Do this for 2 weeks if you can stand it...it's messy but works wonders! Also take the probiotic internally. Don't douche as this will make things worse. Never douche!Hope this helps.Doctor of Oriental Medicine
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • January 2, 2007
    • 05:15 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks for the post. I have another question. Why do I have an outbreak ONLY after having sex with HIM. This last time I saw him I got a bladder infection. Could he have a disease? I appreciate any help.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 8, 2007
    • 06:29 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Men generally don't feel the symptoms of yeast infections, etc. But they can carry the infection and pass it from one woman to another. He should be checked-just to be sure it's not something more serious because you could end up with chronic infections, scar tissue, and infertility. This is very common for women. Also if it continues, get checked for PID, Chlamydia, others STD's. Better to be safe than sorry later on down the road. If he can't support you on this- you're better off without him anyways!!! My first husband cheated on me (I waas 18) and the girl he was seeing AND I passed YEAST AND UTI (BLADDER) INFECTIONS BACK AND FORTH FOR MONTHS. Even after we divorced, I had a "comprimised system" for several years. It had a negative effect on subsequent relationships.:( I wonder if it was why I never was able to get pregnant after my first marriage (23 years)???:confused: Scar tissue and infection can and DO CAUSE INFERTILITY!!! Take care of yourself first! One thing I found VERY USEFUL WITH BLADDER INFECTIONS IS PARSLEY TEA. BOIL PARSLEY(FLAKES LIKE YOU USE FOR COOKING) IN WATER. LET IT STEEP (SIT) FOR 20 MINUTES. STRAIN OUT PARSLEY AND DRINK. IT TASTES BAD SO A LITTLE HONEY (NATURE'S ANTIBIOTIC) OR SOME RAW SUGAR WILL IMPROVE TASTE. I FIND THIS KNOCKS OUT MOST UTI'S, BLADDER INFECTIONS WITHIN HALF AN HOUR. OR BUY URISTAT AT THE DRUG STORE. DRINK CRANBERRY JUICE AND LOTS OF WATER TO FLUSH SYSTEM. I'M 42 AND STILL GET THESE TYPES OF INFECTIONS WHEN I'M STRESSED OUT TOO MUCH OR SOMETIMES STILL AFTER SEX WITH MY FIANCEE. WE ARE IN A 6 YEAR MONOGAMOUS RELATIONSHIP BUT MY DAMAGE WAS DONE YEARS AGO. AFTER SEX- CLEAN YOURSELF OUT. SOME MENS FLUID CAN IRRITATE WOMEN INTERNALLY...;) HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL.
    1111healer 106 Replies
    • January 8, 2007
    • 07:47 AM
    Flag this Response
  • You cannot pass a bladder infection back and forth. If you have a bladder infection you will know it, as well as your partner and will seek help immediately because it is so painful. It will not lie dormant. What you are getting is probably a bladder infection. Lots of women get this after sex. The best thing to do to prevent this is to make sure you pee before and most definitely after sex to get all the bacteria out that may have gotten shoved into your urethra during sex. Also, it might be good to wash your genital after sex. I know this may sound inconvenient but some women are more proned to getting infections more easily than others. This is also true for when you work out. Make sure you pee and shower afterwards because bacteria from your sweat can creep in there. Did you go to the doctor and get a urine analysis done as well as a yeast infection test? Also, have them test for bacteria in the vagina (clue cells, etc). Sometimes semen can disrupt the natural balance of a womans vagina.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Please do not listen to anything Shula or Acuann tell you. My sister just passed away because Shula and Acuann told her that her doctor was wrong and she did not have a serious condition. Acuann even told her to get acupuncture to get healed. These people are going to be investigated for practicing medicine without a license. Shula and Acuann are specifically wanted in connection with my sisters homocide. Thats right homocide. If she would have listened to her doctor instead of these internet quacks she would still be here today. Rest assured I will do everything in my power to put these two behind bars and shut this website down for good.
  • Sorry to hear about your sister, but I hardly think people who post on this website are to blame!!! If you look at the posts, your sister said THE DOCTORS DON'T LISTEN TO HER... THE MDs. The advice that she received was NOT given MALICIOUSLY OR WITH ILL INTENT. MOST OF WHAT I'VE SEEN WAS PRETTY ACCURATE. I'VE BEEN DOING MASSAGE THERAPY MANY YEARS AND HAVE TOO MANY CLIENTS/PATIENTS TO COUNT HAVE PROBLEMS AND GET RESULTS WITH ALTERNATIVE, COMPLIMENTARY MEDICINE. I'VE LIKEWISE SEEN PATIENTS THAT FOLLOWED MEDICAL ADVISE -- AND ENDED UP WITH LIVER SHUT DOWN, KIDNEY PROBLEMS AND NUMEROUS OTHER LONG-TERM, CHRONIC SIDE EFFECTS. SO YOU CAN'T BLAME OTHERS. BLAME THE SYSTEM THAT TRIES TO PREVENT PEOPLE FROM COVERAGE TO SEEK OUT TREATMENTS OTHER THAN DRUGS AND SURGERY. BLAME WHOEVER MAY HAVE CAUSED OR GIVEN HER SOME INFECTION, BLAME WHOEVER AND WHATEVER YOU NEED TO- BUT DON'T THREATEN AND BLAME PEOPLE WHO REACH OUT AND TRY TO HELP PEOPLE THAT ASK FOR SUGGESTIONS. THIS IS A SHARING WEBSITE. NOT A DIAGNOSTIC TOOL OR THE FINAL WORD. PEOPLE WRITE IN HERE WITH THEIR EXPERIENCES, TRAGEDIES, AND ALSO WHAT WORKED FOR THEM OR LOVED ONES LOOKING FOR HOPE--SOME OF THESE FOLKS HAVE BEEN IN A LOT OF PAIN FOR A VERY LONG TIME. OBVIOUSLY THEIR DOCTORS AREN'T LISTENING. I PRAY FOR YOU TO BE WELL AND TO NOT HOLD ON TO THIS ANGER BECAUSE IT WILL ONLY GROW INSIDE OF YOU LIKE A CANCER. MYSELF, I'VE BEEN MISDIAGNOSED NUMEROUS TIMES AND SHOULD BY ALL ACCOUNTS BE DEAD!!! ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE HAS SAVED ME SOOO MANY TIMES AND ALLOWED ME TO FUNCTION LONG AFTER MDs WROTE ME OFF FOR DEAD!!! I AM STUDYIN TO BE A DR OF ACUPUNCTURE AND I SEE PATIENTS THAT COME TO OUR CLINIC THAT HAVE BEEN THROUGH EVERY KIND OF MEDICAL PROCEDURE UNDER THE SUN. SOMETIMES, WHAT WE OFFER (ACUPUNC. AND HERBS) THEY TELL US IT'S THE ONLY THING THAT GIVES THEM RELIEF IN MONTHS OR EVEN YEARS!!! WHEN WE HEAR THIS--I KNOW WHAT WE DO IS RIGHT--2000 YEARS OF PRACTICING THIS IN THE ORIENT CAN'T BE WRONG!!! THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY AS OF YET- WE DO HAVE THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH. NOBODY IS PRACTICING MEDICINE WITHOUT A LICENSE WHEN THEY ARE IN A FORUM AND FOLKS ARE EXCHANGING INFORMATION AND EXPERIENCES. WE ARE NOT THE ONES WORKING TO MAKE A HUGE PROFIT. WE GIVE INFORMATION AND SHARE EXPERIENCES FROM OUR HEARTS AND I'M SORRY BUT IF HER DOCTORS WERE HELPING HER TO BEGIN WITH- YOU WOULDN'T BE OBSESSED WITH REVENGE ON THE INNOCENT. I PRAY YOU NEVER NEED ALTERNATIVE CARE BECAUSE YOUR KARMA MAY NOT ALLOW IT. PEACE~~
    1111healer 106 Replies Flag this Response
  • Please do not listen to anything Shula or Acuann tell you. My sister just passed away because Shula and Acuann told her that her doctor was wrong and she did not have a serious condition. Acuann even told her to get acupuncture to get healed. These people are going to be investigated for practicing medicine without a license. Shula and Acuann are specifically wanted in connection with my sisters homocide. Thats right homocide. If she would have listened to her doctor instead of these internet quacks she would still be here today. Rest assured I will do everything in my power to put these two behind bars and shut this website down for good.OMG I am soo sorry for your loss. I will pray for you and yours. I knew this would happen, Acuann tells everyone to use acupuncture for a cure no matter whats wrong with them. If not acupuncture some herbal crap thats not FDA regulated. I hope they get a quick conviction and a long sentence. Let this be a warning to ALL the internet "doctors" that practice medicine without being licened in all every state of the union. You can and will be held accountable for your actions. Some of you that live here think this is a big game, it is not.. some of these posters have REAL medical problems that require REAL doctors of internal medicine etc etc. I hope Sula and Acuann rot in prison for what they did. I just knew this would happen one day someone really sick followed acuanns wacky acupuncture cures everything philosophy.
  • People come this website to find answers or suggestions for their problems. Many of them HAVE BEEN TO SEVERAL DOCTORS OR YEARS AND YEARS AND HAVE NO DIAGNOSIS, MISDIAGNOSIS- OR ARE ***n NEAR AT THE END OF THEIR ROPES!!! NOT ALL OF US HAVE INSURANCE OR BOTTOMLESS AMOUNTS OF MONEY TO THROW AWAY FOR MEDICAL TESTS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND AGAIN. THE LAST TIME I USED WESTERN MEDICAL CARE- I WENT TO AN ER FOR A "STOMACH PROBLEM" SIMILAR TO A UTI. 11 HOURS LATER, NO DIAGNOSIS. NEXT DAY I WENT AND SPENT $250.00 CASH FOR A MEDICAL DOCTOR APPOINTMENT. SIMPLE TESTS SHOWED A YEAST INFECTION.!!! FOR AN ADDITIONAL $50.00 FOR 2 PILLS OF DIFLUCAN-- I WAS BETTER!!! $300.00 OUT OF POCKET TO DISCOVER IT WAS A SIMPLE YEAST INFECTION. HOW DID THE E.R POSSIBLY MISS IT??? IT IS A STANDARD SIMPLE URINE TEST, RIGHT??? MY GUESS, EITHER THEY LOST THE URINE OR --- THEY WANTED TO CHARGE ME FOR THE EXPENSIVE PROCEDURE TO SEE WHAT WAS WRONG. I RECEIVED A $6000.00 BILL FOR THIS OUTING!!! $4,200.00 FOR AN UNNECESSARY CAT SCAN THAT SHOWED NOTHING. (AFTER ALL, THEY ONLY NEEDED MY URINE TO DETERMINE THE YEAST INFECTION, RIGHT???) THIS WAS THE LAST TIME I WENT TO A WESTERN DOCTOR FOR ANYTHING!!! I KNOW PLENTY OF PEOPLE WITH SIMILAR HORROR STORIES. I KNOW PLENTY OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE SOUGHT OUT AND GOTTEN EXCELLENT RESULTS USING VARIOUS EASTERN METHODS INCLUDING ACUPUNCTURE AND HERBS. WHAT THE ***l DO YOU THINK PERSCRIPTION DRUGS ARE DERIVED FROM???? HERBS AND PLANTS--WITH ALOT OF CHEMICALS AND BAD SIDE EFFECTS ADDED. ACUANN POSTED TO THAT WOMAN "HAVE YOU BEEN TESTED FOR THIS OR THAT"??? SHE DIDN'T SAY DON'T GO TO A DOCTOR!!!! I AM AN HERBALIST, MASSAGE THERAPIST, AND STUDYING FOR MY MASTERS/PH.D IN EASTERN MEDICININAL HERBS AND ACUPUNCTURE AND I'VE SEEN MORE RESULTS FROM THESE AREAS OF TREATMENT THAN ALL 14 YEARS OF MASSAGE THERAPY- LISTENING TO MY PATIENTS CONTINUAL NIGHTMARES IN REGARDS TO ALLOPATHIC MEDICINE!!!! WESTERN MEDICINE IS A BUSINESS. I DON'T HAVE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO THROW AWAY ON TESTS TO FIND OUT WHATS GOING ON IN MY BODY. I KNOW AN ENDOCRINOLOGIST (35 YEARS IN PRACTICE), AN OPTHOMOLOGY SURGEON (MY MASSAGE PATIENT FOR 2.5 YEARS) AND OTHER MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY DO WHEN THEY GET SICK??? GET A MASSAGE IF IT'S STRESS RELATED OR MILD. GET ACUPUNCTURE FOR OTHER "CONCERNS". DOES MY DOCOR FRIEND THAT IS IN SCHOOL WITH ME STUDYING TO BE AN ACUPUNCTURIST TAKE LIPITOR OR PLAVIX HIMSELF??? HE REGULATES HIS HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE WITH HERBS AND GETS PIN-****k EAR TREATMENTS AND IT DROPS HIS BLOO0D PRESSURE SIGNIFICANTLY!!!! NO TOXIC DRUGS FOR HIS BODY THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! SAYING THE FDA APPROVAL MEANS ANYTHING- THAT'S AS LAUGHABLE AS HOMELAND SECURITY MAKES US SAFER. YOU WANT TO BELIEVE THAT THE CRAP THEY APPROVE IS "SAFE"?? DELUDE YOURSELF, PLEASE DO. I FEEL SAFER TAKING MY HERBS, VITAMINS, MINERALS, AMINO ACIDS, ETC. GOD PUT EVERYTHING WE NEED TO HAVE WHOLENESS RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES AND TO ALTER IT-CLONE IT OR TAKE THE HEALING ESSENCE OUT OF OUR "OWN NATURAL REMEDIES IS PURE EVIL AND CAPITALISTIC, ALL THE SAME!!! VIOXX?? RING ANY BELLS??? PLEASE, PRESRCIPTION DRUGS, BIG PROFITS, BIG OIL-BIG PROFITS. THE FDA IS A GUIDELINE AT BEST AND DOCTORS GET PAID PLENTY TO PUSH WHATEVER NEW DRUG IS HOT. THEY GET TRUCKLOADS OF FREE SAMPLES TO GET YOU HOOKED- THEN YOU HAVE TO PAY BIG BUCKS "FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE" IN MANY CASES FOR THE FEAR OF "GETTING WORSE OR DYING". THERE ARE WORSE THINGS THAN DEATH!!! WE ARE THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE FREE WORLD (THAT'S A JOKE) THAT HAS SO MANY DEGENERATIVE, CHRONIC, AND ENVIRONMENTAL (AVOIDABLE) DISEASES. THAT'S BECAUSE FEAR SELLS (WARS, RX DRUGS, SECURITY, ETC) THIS COUNTRY IS FEEDING ON F.E.A.R(False Evidence Appearing Real). JUST LIKE A FAT- OVERWEIGHT SUGAR ADDICTED TEEN WHO SMOKES, DRINKS SODAS AND COFFEES IS A SURE BET FOR DIABETES/HYPERTENSION DOWN THE ROAD (SOME MD WILL GET TO PRESCRIBE LOTS OF DRUGS FOR THESE TYPES AND WE ARE GROOMING THEM BY THE THOUSANDS). SUPER SIZE EM!!!! CARDIOVASCULAR, CANCER AND MI'S, OH MY!!!!TRUST ME THERE ARE PLENTY WHO WILL GO TO MDS FOR "MANAGEMENT". FOR THE REST OF US-- WE WILL CONTINUE TO PRACTICE GENTLER, ALTERNATIVE, COMPLIMENTARY HEALTHCARE. WELLNESS CARE--NOT ILLNESS MANAGEMENT THANK YOU!!!! NATURAL REMEDIES HAVE BEEN AROUND SINCE THE BEGINNNING OF TIME AND IN SUCH A ANAL-SUE HAPPY SOCIETY OF LEECHES THAT WANT TO BLAME SOMEBODY FOR SOMETHING AND TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IN THEIR WELLNESS/ OR ANYTHING ELSE, PEOPLE SEEK OUT EACH OTHER TO SHARE EXPERIENCES AND BAD EXPERIENCES. MY BROTHER IN LAW (MID 20'S) HAS AN INGUINAL HERNIA AND HAS INTERMITTENT PAIN. THE MD THAT HE SAW TOLD HIM TO "COME BACK WHEN HE HAS $3000.00 FOR THE SURGERY". hE LIVES WITH HIS PARENTS (HELPS PAY THEIR BILLS CUZ THEY ARE IN POOR HEALTH) AND LIVES PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK. NO HOPE IN SIGHT FOR $3000.00. HE'S BEEN TAKING CHINESE HERBS AND ITS HELPED TO REDUCE HIS SYMPTOMS AND DURATION OF PAIN. THE SAME "SURGERY" COSTS 1/4 IN CHINA AND IS DONE REGULARLY ON AN OUTPATIENT BASIS. WE HAVE CHINESE PROFESSORS AT THE ACUPUNCTURE SCHOOL I ATTEND THAT TOLD ME THAT. IT WOULD BE CHEAPER TO FLY HIM TO CHINA, HAVE THE SURGERY, TAKE THE HERBS AND HEALING BATHS AND BACK HERE THEN TO HAVE THE SURGERY/MEDICATIONS HERE!!! THAT IS TRULY PATHETIC!!!! IF WE CAN RAISE THE MONEY- OR GOD LENDS US A HAND (WHICH DOES HAPPEN ALOT IN OUR LIVES BECAUSE WE HELP OTHERS- NOT HARM THEM) WE WILL PROBABLY SEND HIM TO CHINA. IT WILL BE A GROWTH EXPERIENCE FOR HIM (NEVER OUT OF THE COUNTRY) AND I TRUST THAT THE HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS THERE WILL TREAT HIM WITH RESPECT AND DIGNITY. NOT LIKE A PAYCHECK!!! SO HOW ARE FOLKS GONNA SEEK OUT HELP/ ADVICE IF THEY FEEL THREATENED WITH CRIMINAL CHARGES,AND JAIL??? HOMICIDE? PLEASE. GO SUE MCDONALDS FOR MAKING TEENS FAT OR GO CHASE AN AMBULANCE, LEAVE FOLKS ALONE THAT WANT TO GET HELP OUTSIDE OF THE MEDICAL REALM AND WITHOUT FEES!!! MANY FOLKS HAVE GOTTEN GOOD, SOUNDS "INFORMATION" FROM THIS SITE. THIS IS WHY SO MANY OF THE ACTUALLY "GOOD DOCTORS" LEAVE THEIR FIELDS. TONS OF OB/GYNS AND FAMILY MDS CAN'T AFFORD LIABILITY AND FRIVILOUS LAWSUITS BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU THREATENING TO BRING THE LAW AND WHATEVER ELSE MAKES YOU FEEL BIG AND POWERFUL!!! NO DIAGNOSIS HAVE BEEN MADE AND NO "MALICIOUS ADVICE" HAS BEEN GIVEN SO GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NARROW MINDED HEALTHCARE VIEWS AND MAY YOU HAVE MANY MALADIES AND TOO NUMEROUS TO COUNT DRUGS TO TAKE FOR THEM. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT MERCY WHEN THERE'S NO OPTIONS LEFT AND THE DRUGS HAVE DESTROYED YOUR LIVER/KIDNEYS. I WOULDN'T OFFER YOU A DAISYS WORTH OF COMPASSION- TO HEAL YOU CUZ YOU ARE DIS-EASED IN BODY-MIND-AND SOUL AND YOU NEED TO BE ERADICATED- NOT THE HEALERS THAT TRULY DO NO HARM!!! MY CONSCIENCE IS CLEAR AT THE END OF THE DAY!!! NAMASTE~~~
  • Thank you for your kind words, 1111healer. What a witchhunt. I am really saddened by the horrible responses I am reading about my and Shula's posts. This is a public FORUM of ideas, not a diagnostic center. Read the Terms of Use again if you don't understand this concept. When I recommend seeing an alternative practitioner, I am not advocating stopping Western medicine. I believe in COMPLIMENTARY medicine and work often with Western MD's and PA's. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just wrong. I am not a quack. Please stop threatening me. I have only offered advice like everyone else on these posts. I'm done now. I wish you all peace and healing.DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • Wow...felt like I need to say something about this string of posts. I came to the site last night looking for info on BV and found many of the things listed very helpful. Many of the issues causing BV also cause (allow) other bacterium to take hold and cause a host of infections (yeast, bacterium, etc.) in women. I do not think anyone is trying to "diagnose" or "practice medicine" here...just exchange experiences and suggestions. It was helpful to me to hear more info on symptoms, duration, reoccurences, etc....these are things that Drs do not readily share in their 15 mins w/ you. I have spent over $3000 in treatment over 4 months and I am certain I will continue to get reoccurences until my vagina and GI tract are recolonized w/ the right bacteria. The last Dr. (Infectious Diseases) confirmed my belief, but gave me no other suggestions than Flagyl or other antibiotics. After the first month of NOT being cured I turned to Medline and went to the medical library to do some of my own reading. It is apparent to me that we are creating the imbalance that leads to these infections. It is not a simple thing to re-establish normal flora, but taking more antibiotics does not work...just read the literature! The suggestions to try probiotics is a good one...supported by medical literature and the recs of some, more insightful, Drs. It is everyone's own responsibility to make decisions for themselves. If you are concerned about how to treat different diseases...do a medline search (publicmed) and take the time to read some of the articles...several have been posted here w/ links from the very people you criticize. If one does not understand BV, yeast infections, role of vaginal pH in infections, STDs and how they are transmitted...it makes it very hard to take ANYONE's advice. If you are at all concerned about advice given to you on such a forum...or by your neighbor, etc....always check w/ a Dr you trust:) By the way...stress also changes the pH of your vagina...making it more likely that you will get a reoccurence (that piece of info came from my Gynocologist - teaches at Washington University!)....so....try to be kind to others and yourself.
  • I recently started dating a guy who lives in a different state. We see each other about every three or four months. Everytime we get together ( about 4 times), I get a yeast infection. This last time I saw him, I told him he had to pull out. Now, I have a bladder infection. What is wrong? I have gone to the doctor and they act like it is no problem. Help Me.I have the same problem my man in Illinois.I visit him from texas every 3 months and always end upi with a bladder infections.Is it from haveing sex 3 times a day? Veronica
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• acuann... So were u about have kids?
  • I don't understand your question.DOM
  • i must say you people can beat each other up!!!!!!! i went to a docter and he gave me some advise. he told me to drink plenty of water an to pee before and after sex. he said if i only get these infections from one person i should stop having sex with him immedaitly untill he was tested for sti's and showed me the tests. hope this helps!
  • I am a UTis sufferer. I had this problem since school days. I remembered there was one time after the school's sports day I had UTi. I was only 16 and still a virgin. The doctor gave me anti-biotics. He told me to keep my body hydrated at all times and dont hold your bladder!Subsequently I went on to university. I had UTi. It was made even worst after I had a can of soft drinks. The pain was so unbearable and the urine had strains of blood. A doctor was called to the house and I needed a painkiller jab.There is this time when I went to see my BF from another state, we had sex 4 times that day and that very night itself I got infection!They term it honeymoon sex! My, I had to drive to a clinic in the middle of the night!Now that I am married with 2 kids, I still get UTis when I dont drink enough water, have sex with my hubby with a full bladder and when his finger presses too ******n the clitoris.Or perhaps I didnt drink enough water and I hold my bladder longer especially when I have a big do in the house and need to prepare stuffs.I even went for an x-ray to check if my kidney is ok.Thank God is negative.My gynaecologist told me that some ladies vagina and the uretha tube is very near and short so more chances of bacteria going in. I am learning to minimise the frequency of the UTi.Sometimes, no matter how hard I try to ensure everything is done right, I still get it. Sigh! My mum told me to drink lots of barley water(boil barley with water) to cleanse the urinary tract.My friend told me to check out this doctor's online workshop at www.aspot-pioneer.com. Apparently it help ladies who suffer frequent urinary tract infection caused by sexual intercourse.Has anybody seen it? Any other advice? I am taking probiotics everyday.
    sugee77 3 Replies Flag this Response
  • I beleive what you are referring to is PARSLEY tea! I suffered many years with UTI's, both after sex and sometimes just from stress or not enough water in bladder, etc. Parsley tea gets rid off the burning and discomfort in a couple hours. It is good to catch it early on though to have better results. Take cooking parsley (dried flakes) put about 1/4 cup in water and boil well. Let sit or "steep" for 20 minutes. You can strain out parsley or leave it in liquid. It's just a taste preference. I leave it in and add honey (natural antibiotic) to improve flavor. I've done this for over a decade and it works for me!! Only get UTI's mayybe once a year now. Also there is a medicine over the counter sold in US called Uristat. Same thing as the Rx in Peridium- but much less expensive. This helps the bladder to stop "spasming" and gives quick relief too. Parsley tea is a diuretic and assists with cleaning out the bladder and urinary tract. PARSLEY TEA. Lots of water too and avoid sugury stuff. This seems to irritate it (soda);) Also, take a hot bath or sitz bath (only your bottom area in water). The hotter- the better. Helps your body to relax after being so tense from pain and discomfort. (No purfumy bath additives though- irritating) Best i n health~~
  • Thanks for the post. I have another question. Why do I have an outbreak ONLY after having sex with HIM. This last time I saw him I got a bladder infection. Could he have a disease? I appreciate any help.Well you need to tell him if he got a disease.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 17, 2007
    • 05:05 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Please don't type in all caps, whoever is doing that is screaming at us. Well, use a condom and that should help a lot. Don't let him get away without using one; you are sick of the infection. He needs to be treated for a bacteria, most likely, because he keeps giving it to you.
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • October 18, 2007
    • 00:46 AM
    Flag this Response
  • You have candida. Please go to www.candidasupport.org or www.wholeapproach.com for more info. Candida causes yeast infections and UTI's and lots of other problems. The best local treatment for yeast infections is to take a high quality probiotic (acidopholus with other strains of beneficial flora) - get a capsule form and break open a capsule and mix with some plain unflavored yogurt. Insert this vaginally twice a day, if you can. Do this for 2 weeks if you can stand it...it's messy but works wonders! Also take the probiotic internally. Don't douche as this will make things worse. Never douche!Hope this helps.Doctor of Oriental MedicineI have a few questions I hope you can answer. How much yogurt should I use for each insertion? Also, what can I use to insert it and how do I keep it from getting all over my clothes? I really appreciate your help.
  • I have a few questions I hope you can answer. How much yogurt should I use for each insertion? Also, what can I use to insert it and how do I keep it from getting all over my clothes? I really appreciate your help. Please read the thread on chronic bacterial vaginosis...it mentions this and other herbal techniques to get your flora back in balance. It's a long thread but has a lot of useful info on yeast infections as well as BV. I would use between a teaspoon and tablespoon of yogurt, and use an inserter or syringe used for kids' medicines(obviously only used for this purpose!:rolleyes:). Insert at night and use a cotton pad to protect your undergarments. Best wishesDOM
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement