Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Intolerable itching inner thighs + skin around vulva. only at night.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 7, 2009
  • 06:04 PM

Two weeks ago my anus started itching, enough so I itched it and made it sore/torn. I tried to not itch it, but it persisted. I looked it up online- most people with that problem said they had a hemorrhoid, so I thought it would go away on its own.
Five days ago, my inner thighs and the skin outside my labia majora started itching with the same intensity, worse actually, and only at night when I take my pants off. When I itch it little raised bumps appear (like small hives), it itches and itches.
I wake up throughout the night itching it raw, and my man-friend has to hold my arm down until I fall asleep, to keep me from really hurting myself.
I went to the doctor yesterday, and he gave my two prescriptions; steroid cream for the itching, and a pill for vaginal yeast infections (he didn't test me for a yeast infection, but said my vagina looked good an healthy).
I took the pill just to be safe, but the steroid cream isn't helping. I'm losing my mind!
The doctors where I have insurance don't seem to know anything! help!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement