Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Intolerable itching inner thighs + skin around vulva. only at night.

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 8 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 7, 2009
  • 06:04 PM

Two weeks ago my anus started itching, enough so I itched it and made it sore/torn. I tried to not itch it, but it persisted. I looked it up online- most people with that problem said they had a hemorrhoid, so I thought it would go away on its own.
Five days ago, my inner thighs and the skin outside my labia majora started itching with the same intensity, worse actually, and only at night when I take my pants off. When I itch it little raised bumps appear (like small hives), it itches and itches.
I wake up throughout the night itching it raw, and my man-friend has to hold my arm down until I fall asleep, to keep me from really hurting myself.
I went to the doctor yesterday, and he gave my two prescriptions; steroid cream for the itching, and a pill for vaginal yeast infections (he didn't test me for a yeast infection, but said my vagina looked good an healthy).
I took the pill just to be safe, but the steroid cream isn't helping. I'm losing my mind!
The doctors where I have insurance don't seem to know anything! help!

Reply Flag this Discussion

8 Replies:

• switch doctors, then, within your plan...they sound stupid. How about a full STD screening and yeast check? Did you get it after sex? A few weeks? Get a pap to make sure, too..Try a herpes 2 IgM and IgG blood (ask for both) test, along with other sexual blood tests...then next, look into allergies--change of diet??? soap???
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies
    • November 8, 2009
    • 01:13 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Sounds like a possible combination of herpes, parasites, and candida (yeast), which all exist in a moist and warm environment and tax your immune system. There are lots of natural remedies and common sense things you can do, that can compliment a doctor's advice. See a well-informed natural foods store clerk in the health and beauty department. L-lysine helps with candida. Garlic and oil of oregano are known to help with yeast. Take probiotics daily and cut out all forms of sugar and refined foods for a few months and reintroduce slowly, checking for symptoms. Your doctor should do a pap smear for STDs and candida, and a stool sample to check for parasites. There are some that cause anal itching. Keep clean and don't scratch! That will spread just about anything. Also, your sexual partner may be a carrier of herpes, yeast and/or parasites and not know it, so they should be checked as well. Wear only loose-fitting natural fiber clothing - no synthetics, no tight jeans (these are the worst things you can do if you have or are prone to yeast infections!) These things can take years to get rid of - start now and do everything you can to save yourself before it drives you crazy. Good luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 8, 2009
    • 11:12 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It will not go away until you follow these 3 steps:(1) take 1/4 anti allergy tablet, like Allegra-30. (2) use vaginal anti fungal tablets, morning and evening, for 5 days. For example, Bayer Company's Canestan. (3) simultaneously, take an oral anti fungal + antibiotic. Like Suppulin. Or Ciplox TZ.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 9, 2009
    • 03:10 PM
    Flag this Response
  • pinworm infection include itching around the anus, take a look it maybe a start.
    charmaine petzer 176 Replies
    • November 10, 2009
    • 10:27 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Two weeks ago my anus started itching, enough so I itched it and made it sore/torn. I tried to not itch it, but it persisted. I looked it up online- most people with that problem said they had a hemorrhoid, so I thought it would go away on its own.Five days ago, my inner thighs and the skin outside my labia majora started itching with the same intensity, worse actually, and only at night when I take my pants off. When I itch it little raised bumps appear (like small hives), it itches and itches.I wake up throughout the night itching it raw, and my man-friend has to hold my arm down until I fall asleep, to keep me from really hurting myself.I went to the doctor yesterday, and he gave my two prescriptions; steroid cream for the itching, and a pill for vaginal yeast infections (he didn't test me for a yeast infection, but said my vagina looked good an healthy). I took the pill just to be safe, but the steroid cream isn't helping. I'm losing my mind!The doctors where I have insurance don't seem to know anything! help!It sounds to me like you may have tapeworm. I just had something similar. Make sure you get a stool culture done ASAP and blood work. They will probably recommend mebendazole. Also If you get a tea tree lavendar pepermint soup it will help with some of the itching. Hope this helps.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 11, 2009
    • 04:13 AM
    Flag this Response
  • It sounds like scabies to me because the itching with them gets mush worse at night. I would treat my neither regions and anywhere thats itching with lice shampoo. That should do the trick.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 11, 2009
    • 09:48 AM
    Flag this Response
  • The SAME symptoms happened to me and I saw many doctors and nothing they gave me helped. This went on for a really long time. One finally referred me to a Proctologist who did a quick check and found 4 hemorrhoids which by the way DO NOT go away on their own. He had to remove them which was a simple procedure, took a day of pain and instant relief. They can come back and you may have to go through it all over again, but the next time you will know the symptoms better. They leak so that is what hits the skin and makes you itch like crazy. You can't tell unless you go to the doctor so get into one who will actually look to see if you have one. Even one will make your skin itch on the OUTSIDE. Good luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 23, 2009
    • 05:40 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Could be anything - yeast or even an STD - see a dr and get tested for HPV and other STDsThe SAME symptoms happened to me and I saw many doctors and nothing they gave me helped. This went on for a really long time. One finally referred me to a Proctologist who did a quick check and found 4 hemorrhoids which by the way DO NOT go away on their own. He had to remove them which was a simple procedure, took a day of pain and instant relief. They can come back and you may have to go through it all over again, but the next time you will know the symptoms better. They leak so that is what hits the skin and makes you itch like crazy. You can't tell unless you go to the doctor so get into one who will actually look to see if you have one. Even one will make your skin itch on the OUTSIDE. Good luck!
    rainsky 28 Replies
    • November 24, 2009
    • 09:45 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement