Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Tendonitis in Multiple joints

Posted In: Muscle conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: tethys
  • November 1, 2009
  • 06:37 PM

Having lived in 3 areas of the country in the past 2 years, I have had trouble finding any doctor to listen to me, as I keep being passed on from one doctor to the next.

18 months ago I had an operation to remove a abscess in my right arm (Hidradenitis Suppurativa, which I have had since I was 15 and had been wrongly treated with antibiotics for years). After the operation I developed thrombophlebitis (superficial vein thrombosis) in my right arm and couldn't extend my elbow. I was put on anti-inflammatory medication and it went away.

I had trouble healing the surgical wound and only now, after 18 months, is it finally healing after having many granulation problems.

Approximately a year ago I began to develop pain in my wrist and 6 months later was diagnosed with DeQuervain's tenosynovitis (a type of tendonitis in my thumb/wrist) and had a splint on it for 8 weeks.

A month ago I started to develop a pain in my knees, similar to that in my wrist. I saw my GP who told me to take Ibuprofen and said it was common in girls my age (I'm 23) and if the problem persists I should look at physiotherapy. I told him about the tendonitis in my wrist and he said it wasn't a problem.

2 days later I couldn't hold my weight and went to A&E. There I was given stronger medication (which made me sick) and told there could be a connection with my wrist and that I needed blood tests.

I had blood tests (for rheumatoid arthritis and many other things - including Coeliac's disease which my father has) when my wrist first started to hurt but all were normal.

I am not a sporty person, but do lead an active job (in a coffee shop).

One doctor suggested tests for autoimmune diseases but my former GP dismissed them and said there was no need.

I cannot find any reason as to why I am developing tendonitis in multiple joints and each doctor is saying something different.

Is there any explanation?

I also have a history of high blood pressure and persistent chronic headaches (treated with beta blockers and amitriptyline 3-4 years ago)

Please help. x

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement