Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Tendonitis in Multiple joints

Posted In: Muscle conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: tethys
  • November 1, 2009
  • 06:37 PM

Having lived in 3 areas of the country in the past 2 years, I have had trouble finding any doctor to listen to me, as I keep being passed on from one doctor to the next.

18 months ago I had an operation to remove a abscess in my right arm (Hidradenitis Suppurativa, which I have had since I was 15 and had been wrongly treated with antibiotics for years). After the operation I developed thrombophlebitis (superficial vein thrombosis) in my right arm and couldn't extend my elbow. I was put on anti-inflammatory medication and it went away.

I had trouble healing the surgical wound and only now, after 18 months, is it finally healing after having many granulation problems.

Approximately a year ago I began to develop pain in my wrist and 6 months later was diagnosed with DeQuervain's tenosynovitis (a type of tendonitis in my thumb/wrist) and had a splint on it for 8 weeks.

A month ago I started to develop a pain in my knees, similar to that in my wrist. I saw my GP who told me to take Ibuprofen and said it was common in girls my age (I'm 23) and if the problem persists I should look at physiotherapy. I told him about the tendonitis in my wrist and he said it wasn't a problem.

2 days later I couldn't hold my weight and went to A&E. There I was given stronger medication (which made me sick) and told there could be a connection with my wrist and that I needed blood tests.

I had blood tests (for rheumatoid arthritis and many other things - including Coeliac's disease which my father has) when my wrist first started to hurt but all were normal.

I am not a sporty person, but do lead an active job (in a coffee shop).

One doctor suggested tests for autoimmune diseases but my former GP dismissed them and said there was no need.

I cannot find any reason as to why I am developing tendonitis in multiple joints and each doctor is saying something different.

Is there any explanation?

I also have a history of high blood pressure and persistent chronic headaches (treated with beta blockers and amitriptyline 3-4 years ago)

Please help. x

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement