Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

head/ scalp spasms

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 7 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 30, 2006
  • 01:28 AM

I have been having spasms in my head/ scalp for about a month. They occur only when I am sitting or lying down. The spasms occur on the top of my head towards the back. The movement is similar to movement of my scalp when raising my eyebrows. Has anyone ever heard of this? The spasms occur repeatedly for a few minutes after I recline. I am just wondering if it signals some sort of deficiency or if I should have it examined more thoroughly. Thanks-

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• I have been having spasms in my head/ scalp for about a month. They occur only when I am sitting or lying down. The spasms occur on the top of my head towards the back. The movement is similar to movement of my scalp when raising my eyebrows. Has anyone ever heard of this? The spasms occur repeatedly for a few minutes after I recline. I am just wondering if it signals some sort of deficiency or if I should have it examined more thoroughly. Thanks-I also have been having scalp spasms. They are toward the front of my head above the temples. My sister, who just had brain surgery has them on the side the surgery took place. I wish I knew what they are caused by
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 28, 2009
    • 03:20 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I also have been having scalp spasms. They are toward the front of my head above the temples. My sister, who just had brain surgery has them on the side the surgery took place. I wish I knew what they are caused by There is a condition called "itrafusal muscle spindle spasm". I'm not positive that is what I've got, but the sides of my head seem to tighten up regularly from a whole host of varying stimuli such as electro-magnetic radiation, toxic fumes, stress, or even sitting in the wrong position! There should be a common denominator here, but I can't figure it out. For example, I can feel it coming on if I'm within 10 feet of someone talking on a cell phone indoors (Faraday effect), or if someone even opens a felt pen near my head (immediately, even before I have a chance to take a breadth, and on that side only.) The sensation, which usually isn't painful but just uncomfortable, pursists for an hour or longer.Anyone have any other clues?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 23, 2009
    • 09:38 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm so glad I found this forum. I'm not sure any of you have found a solution for the problem (If you have please share). I had my brain surgery done on May 2010. Since then there have been a spate of health issues. (I won't mention them here as they might deviate from the current issue).I'm a video gamer, every day i "manage" about 1 hr of play and sometimes upto 7 hours on weekends (even-though I'm have been into computers since past 11 years spending the same or more amount of time not-gaming almost everyday). Last week i felt a slight painless spasm, exactly as mentioned in the first post for a few seconds while I was playing. Yesterday, on my day off after 4 hours of play I felt the spasm continuously. I took a break for half-hour and when I resumed they started again, again after 1 hour.I have stopped playing any games. And I haven't been getting any since then. The weirdest thing is they start on my head above the forehead when I tap the area with my finger.I think it happens when you look at flashes or interactive content with high visuals or bright colors in your CLOSE front (As i don't get them whilst watching TV).I've written to my Neurologist and am yet to hear from him. I want to know if they subside. I'll put a post when I hear from him.
    viktor 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Read the post by hypotoo. Definite comfort.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I also have been having scalp spasms. They are toward the front of my head above the temples. My sister, who just had brain surgery has them on the side the surgery took place. I wish I knew what they are caused byJust curious...any relief or diagnoses yet?
  • Hello dOnt no if this is the same thing or not but would be nice to no if other people have the same issue every now and then properly ever 6 to 8 weeks I get twitching on my head every body I work with can see it at first I throat it was just me it's like my hole scalp moves there is no one place it happens its all over my head when I Spock to my GP he looked at me as if I was mental and said he had never heard of it I think it's when i have lots on at work I used to think it was the gel I was using or when my hair got to long but it still happens with no gel and short hear dos any body no what I can do
  • Read the post by hypotoo. Definite comfort.who is hypotoo?
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement