Discussions By Condition: Mouth conditions

Very dry mouth every morning?

Posted In: Mouth conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: dinky1
  • October 24, 2009
  • 00:07 PM

Hi

I have a problem which has got worse with time. I always used to be a bit thirsty at night (like a lot of people) but nothing to this extent!

A few years ago I started getting really thirsty at night. So much so that I'd completely empty my cup or glass of water and wake up in the morning gasping.

2 or 3 years later it's worse but I wake up REALLY gasping for a drink. One thing I have noticed is that its worse if I brush my teeth using toothpaste. If I use the mouth wash my dentist recommended and don't bother brushing my teeth the thirst is slightly milder in the morning but still there.

My mouth is almost bone dry in the morning and it's really concerning me. I should mention that I had some dental problems where my gums were bleeding a lot due to a high sugar diet which has now been cut down and hence i use a dental mouth wash.

I've been tested for diabetes and I'm clear of it so I don't know how to stop this!

Do you have any ideas please?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement