Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Itchy red swollen numb fingers and hands!

Posted In: Medical Stories 8 Replies
  • Posted By: catdog7
  • October 20, 2009
  • 06:46 AM

Hello I am 40 yrs old A little over a yr ago i was told i had very mild carpel tunnel in right hand and pinched ulnar nerve in left, I have had chest and lung stabbing pains and was told at er 8 months ago i had pleurasy, I sometimes feel short of breath like weight on my chest, attributed that to my asthma, had a lung xray 8 months ago looked clear,but have had the symptoms about 2 yrs but now there all of the sudden horrendous, In a matter of a couple of months!Now my hands are constantly numb, pins and needles, fingers are red swollen and itchy on both hands. right side way worse then left, also my wrist feels weak and tired, and when i type or use small tool or hold pencil the burning sensation gets horrific and sends shooting pains up my arm to joint in rotater cuff !! HELPPPP me please!! Also In middle of my back, I have the sensation of "bugs crawling in back" along with a little bulge on right side of back in thoracic," middle" of back, and when I, sit or stand, It is very bothersome, I only get relief If i lean against some,thing, also my rotary cuff, on right side is painful, especially when I reach up, as well as right joint in elbow!!!! What is wrong with me? I cant afford to go to doctor, or even take time off work{,I am a manager at a restaurant for over 8 yrs, lots of lifting and repetiive motion!!} Also I'm scared to go!! Can anyone help me!!! !!! Sincerly Catdog:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

8 Replies:

• My right little finger became swollen and itchy but has been done this every winter for about 10 years and the middle knuckle on both my lil fingers have always hurt in the cold but since last week my left hand has been swollen and feels really tight and the tips of all my fingers are bright red and the itch like ***l a couple of days after it also happened to my left hand now both hands are swollen and feel like my skin has shrunk and when i clentch my fists i feel like my skin is goin to rip open. Does any1 have any idea whats wrong???
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 31, 2009
    • 02:21 PM
    Flag this Response
  • My right little finger became swollen and itchy but has been done this every winter for about 10 years and the middle knuckle on both my lil fingers have always hurt in the cold but since last week my left hand has been swollen and feels really tight and the tips of all my fingers are bright red and the itch like ***l a couple of days after it also happened to my left hand now both hands are swollen and feel like my skin has shrunk and when i clentch my fists i feel like my skin is goin to rip open. Does any1 have any idea whats wrong???Hi, I've been experiencing the same thing and have gotten it twice now. My fingers have swelled up and get really itchy and red sometimes, and when i put my hand on a flat surface, it feels like a bump is in my finger. There is also white bumps on my fingers too. I have no idea what it is, but i'd like to know.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi, I've been experiencing the same thing and have gotten it twice now. My fingers have swelled up and get really itchy and red sometimes, and when i put my hand on a flat surface, it feels like a bump is in my finger. There is also white bumps on my fingers too. I have no idea what it is, but i'd like to know.Same, it's really ******g me off now. It hurts and is just really irritating. I went to my Doctors around the same time last year (Winter) and he said I had really bad circulation and prescribed me with some cream on prescription which I never collected... wish I did now -.-
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 6, 2010
    • 02:49 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Same, it's really ******g me off now. It hurts and is just really irritating. I went to my Doctors around the same time last year (Winter) and he said I had really bad circulation and prescribed me with some cream on prescription which I never collected... wish I did now -.-Have you guys ever heard of Chilblains? It's a disorder people who have bad circulation get only in the winter. It affects the fingers and toes. Basically when your hands get cold, if they get warmed too quickly the cappilaries expand and swell and create red itchy areas, sometimes that turn into blisters. It took me years to figure out I had this....had the same symptoms as you guys and no doctor could figure it out. There are many many home remedies that help and cure it. For one, a raw onion rubbed on the red areas should lessen the itching immediately, or raw lemons, or a raw potato with a little salt on it. To prevent it, always keep your hands covered in the winter, and warm them slowly when coming inside. Also, regular warm oil massages of your hands and feet help with circulation to prevent further episodes. Check with your doctor to see if you are anemic as this is a big contributor to bad circulation. Google chilblain pics and compare with your own symptoms. Look it up....CHILBLAINS. Hope this helps!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 14, 2010
    • 02:01 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It sounds very similar to what I experience. This may possibly be what you have. I believe most people have a slight case of this, but not much to worry about.I am going to try some Arnica oil massages on my feet and hands. Dark berries are supposed to help, folic acid...http://www.medicinenet.com/raynauds_phenomenon/article.htm
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 27, 2011
    • 01:56 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hello I am 40 yrs old A little over a yr ago i was told i had very mild carpel tunnel in right hand and pinched ulnar nerve in left, I have had chest and lung stabbing pains and was told at er 8 months ago i had pleurasy, I sometimes feel short of breath like weight on my chest, attributed that to my asthma, had a lung xray 8 months ago looked clear,but have had the symptoms about 2 yrs but now there all of the sudden horrendous, In a matter of a couple of months!Now my hands are constantly numb, pins and needles, fingers are red swollen and itchy on both hands. right side way worse then left, also my wrist feels weak and tired, and when i type or use small tool or hold pencil the burning sensation gets horrific and sends shooting pains up my arm to joint in rotater cuff !! HELPPPP me please!! Also In middle of my back, I have the sensation of "bugs crawling in back" along with a little bulge on right side of back in thoracic," middle" of back, and when I, sit or stand, It is very bothersome, I only get relief If i lean against some,thing, also my rotary cuff, on right side is painful, especially when I reach up, as well as right joint in elbow!!!! What is wrong with me? I cant afford to go to doctor, or even take time off work{,I am a manager at a restaurant for over 8 yrs, lots of lifting and repetiive motion!!} Also I'm scared to go!! Can anyone help me!!! !!! Sincerly Catdog:confused:you know I have exactly what you are experiencing right now, I have thus numb feelings, then itchy and i feel like some needles in there and also when i start texting it gets numb......if i massage my palm and fingers it helps little bit, when it so itchy, i tend to slap the walls so the itch will go....it is so annoying when you are driving and it itchy......i think its reall yblood circulation problem because i am over weight also, i am 40 lbs heavier than i should be.............
  • you know I have exactly what you are experiencing right now, I have thus numb feelings, then itchy and i feel like some needles in there and also when i start texting it gets numb......if i massage my palm and fingers it helps little bit, when it so itchy, i tend to slap the walls so the itch will go....it is so annoying when you are driving and it itchy......i think its reall yblood circulation problem because i am over weight also, i am 40 lbs heavier than i should be.............I have very similar thing going on right now. problem is i live in mesa arizona and its middle of may, so cold has nothing to do with it. my hands are swollen and feel like the skin is going to rip off my hands if i make a fist. swollen i can deal with, I cant however put up with this insane itching on both of my hands. i have hundreds of little bumps on my hands that look very similar to pioson ivy but the bumps never surface out of my skin. I've had these bumps for years,but not this many and this is the first time they have erupted all over the hands and itched this badly. I dont know what to do. in this forum and others, its seems that going to the doctor will get you nowhere. i also have this on my feet aswell, but fortunately my feet are not acting like my hands, not nearly as many bumps and not nearly as irritated. I just dont know what this is for the life of me.
  • This has become a really annoying occurance this winter and has followed me through the summer. I work outdoors ( oilfield surveyor) and needless to say this seriously makes life difficult at work. Even when i'm home i open a cold beer and within moments of touching the icy cold goodness my hand ( the one gripping the beer) gets very tingly, then itchy.. and if i scratch they get swollen really bad and as explained above the skin feels tight and like it could rip open any second. i noticed that if i run hot water on the area it goes away fairly quick. as i read from above posts its from bad circulation. I dont work out at all.. but really want to get back into tip top shape soon enough. Do any of you think this might stop this?? perhaps a really good cardio' workout? let me know ppl! not liking this :(Thx
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement