Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Coughing up phlegm for 2 1/2 weeks now

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Annie33
  • October 8, 2009
  • 09:57 PM

Two & a half weeks ago, I started coughing up greenish phlegm. I thought it was a bacterial infection. So I took a Z-pack. After 5 days, when the Z-pack was gone, I didn't feel any better, & was still coughing up green phlegm. I went to the Dr. She said that I was probably resistent to the Z-pack, & gave me a 10-day dose of Amox. -- the generic of Augmentin. After 6 days of being on it, the green phlegm changed to a white color. So I thought I was finally getter better. But then after finishing the medicine, after the 10 days, I was still coughing up white phlegm all day. And I don't feel well at all. I have no energy. And I just feel like something isn't quite right. I went to the Dr. again. He said that it probably wasn't a bacterial infection in the first place -- but rather a viral infection. He did do a chest ex-ray to check for Pneumonia. But there is no Pneumonia. So he said there was nothing else we could do. It just has to get better on it's own. But I'm not so sure he is right. I am so tired of coughing up phlegm, I don't feel good, & I'm real run down. Any ideas anyone?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement