Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Painful, sometimes itchy, bumps on fingers

Posted In: Skin conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Cricketchirp
  • October 7, 2009
  • 03:59 AM

For a while now, I've been getting these skin bumps on my fingers. They used to be smaller, and go away after a while, but lately, they are larger and even more annoying. On the palm side of my middle finger, sometimes the skin gets really dry and cracks or peels because of the bumps.

They're sometimes itchy, but mostly painful -- especially when I'm holding something that requires me to bend my fingers (like a pencil).

I live in Florida, so humid climate.
I'm 16 years old and not "intimate" with anyone, so it's not anything I could have acquired through that kind of contact. My mom says she used to get the same little bumps on her fingers when she was my age, but never found out what they were (so maybe it's hereditary?).

They aren't red (unless I scratch at them), so they're a little difficult to see in pictures.
The dermatologist thought it was scabies, but took a skin scraping and said it was possibly a form of eczema. She gave me some "clobetasol propionate cream USP, 0.05%" which hasn't done a thing to help. I don't really want to go back to her and get another skin scraping, since the first time she did it, I nearly passed out and now I have an ugly scar on my ring finger...

Here are some pictures, in which I drew some red lines to show where the bumps are.
-dry, peeling skin on right middle finger
-palm view of left hand
-side view of left index finger
-left index finger
-side view left middle finger
- agitated bump on right index finger

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement