Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Trapezius pain for four years :( HELP !

Posted In: Muscle conditions 18 Replies
  • Posted By: Mrathbun
  • October 3, 2009
  • 07:02 AM

I've been in pain for four years straight now. I'd love for anyone to read this if they have a moment and help me in anyway possible. The pain and tension is taking up space and time in my brain.
It all started a few years ago when I began to lift weights at the gym. I started to feel extreme tension in my lower trapezius ( about 3/5 up my back in the center ) at first it was just like having tension in your knuckles that you might be able to relieve with a simple stretch. I began to see a chiropractor. I got on one of his 'plans' and saw him 2x a week for a few months of re-alignment. I don't know if this is where the pain began, but here is what I deal with now...
I have constant tension in my lower-mid trapezius, and it's CONSTANTLY spasming. It feels bruised all the time, and just FULL OF TENSION. I can't sit without pain in normal positions without some sort of support. My neck and upper back sounds like a rice krispy treat, it constantly is cracking and snapping and popping http://www.spine-health.com/sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/Yahoo/sad.gif. I spend most of my day doing odd stretches/twists to relieve the tension/pain, but that always turns out bad; I end up hurting myself from over stretching. Within minutes of a released tension I'll have the urge to do it again, and again it pops. But after a whole day it just gets worse. I can't lift weights anymore, I can't jog, and I can't even ride a health rider; all of those turn into a bruised / sharp pain. All I can do is swim http://www.spine-health.com/sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/Yahoo/sad.gif. Sometimes it even effects my breathing because of all the over stretching, I feel like it pinches a nerve that restricts my breathing. The tension feels as if I need to be pulled out really far like a doll and have my spine put back into place.
It weighs me down, I get tired way more easily, and my mood and outlook on life has suffered. Even as I type this it feels beat up, and is throbbing with pain. Like a piece of meat just throbbing with pain and tension. BUT FROM WHAT ? I'm doing everything I can to try and figure out why I have this tension/pain. I've done 'strength training' exercises with a pt and it didn't help. I believe my doctors didn't treat me right the first time through. It's taking over my life. HELP.

Reply Flag this Discussion

18 Replies:

• You should see and actual doctor, instead of a chiropractor. Without an MRI a chiropractor may not actually know what is wrong , and can injure you even more. It's possible you could have a slipped or bulging disk in your back/spine. It can cause a lot of pain, and pinched nerves. Go to the doctor and have an MRI. That will show them what is wrong with your back, and they can put you in physical therapy to correct the problem. This same thing happened to my husband last year. He had a slipped disk in his upper spine after working at a construction site.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 4, 2009
    • 02:33 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I too have been in the same situation for the past 3 years so I feel your pain - literally and figuratively.This all stemmed from an injury on my left side. Just like you, my Trap muscles are ALWAYS in spasms and ALWAYS sore. So much so that I cry and can't wear a bra or sit for long or get comfortable in my chair or bed. Whenever someone pushes on the area - like my Acupuncturist - it snaps, crackles and pops. Mainly cracking though. It also happens on it's own when I move my shoulder and or arm around.Acupuncture has helped me A LOT. But it has to be consistent and I don't believe it can cure this now that I know what it is THANKS to my Acupuncturist who has had more insight and knowledge into my condition more than any modern medicine doctor. CASE IN POINT: the other night when she was doing some massage in that area, she told me she's never felt such cracking, and believes it to be Scapular ADHESIONS and/or Scar Tissue and/or Calcification from the years of Spasms.I CAN TELL YOU THIS: It stems from my neck, down into my shoulder, and now into my arm and hand all on the left side (which is the side I fell on.) ALSO, Physical Therapy did not work for me. I had trigger point injections in my neck (at that time, my neck was the only problem - the spasms and pain traveled to the scapula/traps.) I have seen MULTIPLE Orthopedists, and NOT ONE has been able to help me." No I can't give you a diagnosis, but here, take the medication for Fibromyalgia." UH, NO you A-hole! I DON'T LIKE ORTHOPEDISTS! They work mainly with bones!Which way to turn? Well, I'm going to a Neurologist AND a Chiropractor. Just like you, this has severely messed up my life. I worked as a Gardener: NO MORE! Can't work, my social life and romantic life are blah because I'm in pain all the time and no one wants to deal with it. I used to be a runner and that only makes the pain and spasms far worse. I'm only 33 years-old and haven't received one clear cut answer EXCEPT for my Godsend of an Acupuncturist. She attaches electric stimulation to the needles. Actually, the needles feel GOOD once you go through so much pain because you just want to rip the spasms out! It's like a release when she "needles" me. I'm sure you've felt this way about your pain.Like you want to rip out the muscles, right?Also, I have two decent anti-inflammatory prescriptions from my GP that are non-addictive: Naproxen and Diclofenac. I refuse to take any opiates like Percocet nor will my Doctor give them to me. He recommends stretching but once it gets to this level, stretching not only doesn't seem to work, it seems to exacerbate certain aspects of the pain.I'm not sure of your age or location but perhaps we should talk. Maybe we can help each other out. Also, you might want to look these up: -Supraspinatus Calcific Tendonitis-Scapular Thoracic AdhesionI'm going to my next Dr.'s appointment with these conditions on paper to show them what I believe I MAY have!I'll pray for you and even if you're not religious (I'm more Spiritual) I hope you'll think of me and know you're not alone in your pain. I see you posted this in October. It's January '10 now, so hopefully you've made some progress! All the best!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 14, 2010
    • 01:05 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i have also hurt my trp muscle... its quite oddi have read what you guys have said and i might have some insightone day i woke up and my back was hurting yet i pointed the blame on my shoulder because everytime i moved my shoulder it would cause pain. in a short time i realized it wasnt my shoulder but my back. one of the things i do is work for the disabled in various ways. lifting can and does seem to be a part of my job. i was afraid going back to work would injure myself however when i go to work and lift stuff im not really in any more pain then i am. so its not injuring me any further then what it has. so when this really affects me is when i sit down, get in my car or am idle it seems to grind on me. massive discomfort in my shoulder this me as i sleep and such because i am "idle".2 things help more then any other thing i have found...1. pressure -when you have pain in your wrist for example you can immobilize it with a variety of stuff liek wrapping it with a bandage to gain extra support. i have even took a sock and wrapped my wrist up before and the results are promising. when im putting pressure on the area that is hurting it seems to help. if i dont put pressure on it and sleep i wake up in sever discomfort.2. heat - since ice takes away pain heat relaxes muscles. its an odd combo but its true. i heat 2 ways 1. heating pad - this doesnt seem as effective as my 2nd heat source. but im still in discomfort as i use the heating pad dont get me wrong. as my muscle relaxes i do various stretches. alot of the discomfort leaves. 2. hot shower - the hotter the better as i do hot showers its loosens all my muscles and makes me just relax. once im out of the shower i feel no discomfort and can move without issues. after a while the discomfort comes back.so with this it just shows me whats going on: the reason i have back and shoulder pain is my trap muscle is not correct. i have no idea what caused this problem. its like a 2 fold problem in itself. 1. the shoulder has some lack of support 2. causing discomfort in shoulder and trap muscle(back area)since heat and pressure tend to help its the muscle that is the problem not the spine. i have not been to the doctor because i dont feel like they can help me im sure they would just give me drugs for the pain and send me on my way. what this makes me think of is the muscle is maybe "jarred" out of place causing the issue with shoulder and back. the thing that might really help is a back brace over the trap area. that is what i am thinking of looking into.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 16, 2010
    • 02:01 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i have also hurt my trp muscle...since heat and pressure tend to help its the muscle that is the problem not the spine. i have not been to the doctor because i dont feel like they can help me im sure they would just give me drugs for the pain and send me on my way. what this makes me think of is the muscle is maybe "jarred" out of place causing the issue with shoulder and back. the thing that might really help is a back brace over the trap area. that is what i am thinking of looking into.I have this muscle problems since years. It goes from the lower part of the scapula over to the shoulder. From there pain is going all over the shoulder scapula to the neck muscle. All my muscles: neck, shoulder and scapula muscles are in spasm. The heat (as you say) is the only that helps. There are also painkillers with hydrochloride they give relief to the muscles and after that muscles are no more in tension (for some time). That is not the solution: the question is why muscles are in spasm? It might be also from the liver. I have there few cists, almost 3 cm big. Those cysts are not dangerous but can make pressure on the diaphragm and that is cause for the muscles. I had massage (soft) few times and the man told me, that my muscles are squeezed with tendons. I would recommend you to go to somebody who does bio-energy. Those people have some kind of energy (warmth) in their hands and with their therapy they can soften your muscles. Chiropractors can’t help, even if they have diagnosis. They are for discs and vertebras and not for the muscles. I have been their patient for six years, but they didn’t help me. Good luck,N.
    natalie64 10 Replies
    • February 21, 2010
    • 09:14 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same problem. I think it can be traced to a 15-year old wrestling injury. At the time they said it's my trapezius and put me on anti-inflammatory and that was that. Now I'm 28 and feel a dull pulling, sometimes burning in the trap/rhomboid area. It never goes away ... except after an intense workout when the endorphins take over. Had MRI recently but don't have the results yet. Even if the MRI shows scar tissue somewhere, what can be done? It's not like there is surgery for this right? The thought of living the rest of my life with this is depressing. I can't think about anything else.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I think that you would greatly benefit from a book called The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook: Your Self-Treatment Guide for Pain Relief, Second Edition by Clair Davies, Amber Davies, and David G. Simons (Jul 2004). I would not see a chiropractor or a doctor, unless they deal in trigger points therapy. Trigger points are knotted tissue that results from muscle strain. When muscles are strained they tighten up and pull on the bones they attach to (vertebrae) and pull the spine out of line. Adjusting the spine back in place is futile if the muscles are still tight. Stretching my help but often makes trigger points worse. Trigger points refer pain to other parts of the body too so the pain that you feel in the trap may not be coming from an injury in the trap but from somewhere else. Regarldess, the trigger point(s) has to be released. Do not confuse trigger points with pressure points. There are to modalities to removing trigger points: Through massage (the book will show you how, or go see a massage therapist that is skilled at finding and removing trigger points), or through injection (some doctors will inject saline or lyatocaine into the trigger point to get it to release). Most doctors, however, will know nothing about trigger points. After the trigger point(s) is gone, then excercise the muscle to stength in. Then go see a chiropractor if you want. Hope this helps. Believe me, I've been there.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 6, 2010
    • 05:33 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi, I am a physical therapist so I have a biased opinion based on my training and experience. I agree that a chriropractor is not a doctor and after 6 months of ineffective treatment a complete diagnostic workup should have been completed. I would see an orthopedic doctor to get a complete work up. Mid back pain (trapezius region) is frequently related to the lower cervical spine. Trigger points are most often the body's response to protect secondary to an underlying issue. Trigger points are thus a symptom but not a true cause. I would guess that you have an issue with the C6-C7 region as this level frequently referrs to the mid back region. My advise (for what it's worth), see an orthopedic doctor, watch your posture, and apply ice to the lower cervical spine region. Get an accurate diagnosis before throwing a multitude of treatments as a problem that is yet defined. Good luck. ~JTrempe PT, ATChttp://www.joint-pain-solutions.com
    JTrempe 101 Replies
    • November 10, 2010
    • 05:26 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I've been in pain for four years straight now. I'd love for anyone to read this if they have a moment and help me in anyway possible. The pain and tension is taking up space and time in my brain. It all started a few years ago when I began to lift weights at the gym. I started to feel extreme tension in my lower trapezius ( about 3/5 up my back in the center ) at first it was just like having tension in your knuckles that you might be able to relieve with a simple stretch. I began to see a chiropractor. I got on one of his 'plans' and saw him 2x a week for a few months of re-alignment. I don't know if this is where the pain began, but here is what I deal with now... I have constant tension in my lower-mid trapezius, and it's CONSTANTLY spasming. It feels bruised all the time, and just FULL OF TENSION. I can't sit without pain in normal positions without some sort of support. My neck and upper back sounds like a rice krispy treat, it constantly is cracking and snapping and popping http://www.spine-health.com/sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/Yahoo/sad.gif. I spend most of my day doing odd stretches/twists to relieve the tension/pain, but that always turns out bad; I end up hurting myself from over stretching. Within minutes of a released tension I'll have the urge to do it again, and again it pops. But after a whole day it just gets worse. I can't lift weights anymore, I can't jog, and I can't even ride a health rider; all of those turn into a bruised / sharp pain. All I can do is swim http://www.spine-health.com/sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/Yahoo/sad.gif. Sometimes it even effects my breathing because of all the over stretching, I feel like it pinches a nerve that restricts my breathing. The tension feels as if I need to be pulled out really far like a doll and have my spine put back into place. It weighs me down, I get tired way more easily, and my mood and outlook on life has suffered. Even as I type this it feels beat up, and is throbbing with pain. Like a piece of meat just throbbing with pain and tension. BUT FROM WHAT ? I'm doing everything I can to try and figure out why I have this tension/pain. I've done 'strength training' exercises with a pt and it didn't help. I believe my doctors didn't treat me right the first time through. It's taking over my life. HELP.Had a similar problem for years from playing hockey. Even had cracking and popping in right shoulder. Go get a massage from someone who knows what they are doing and you will actually feel the muscle "melt" into a relaxed state. It works and I should have done it sooner!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 31, 2010
    • 11:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have the same problem. I think it can be traced to a 15-year old wrestling injury. At the time they said it's my trapezius and put me on anti-inflammatory and that was that. Now I'm 28 and feel a dull pulling, sometimes burning in the trap/rhomboid area. It never goes away ... except after an intense workout when the endorphins take over. Had MRI recently but don't have the results yet. Even if the MRI shows scar tissue somewhere, what can be done? It's not like there is surgery for this right? The thought of living the rest of my life with this is depressing. I can't think about anything else.Hey well normally i wouldn't respond on forums but being that i was dealing with the same problem everyone here was including you i figured i would put in my two cents. I pulled my trap muscle working out maybe 3 or 4 years ago and i just delt with it never did anything i kept working out etc and it stopped hurting as much but was always a little pain that i would relieve with the trigger point but there was alway pain. Well i got a job as a border patrol agent which some what required me to work out to stay in shape which was fine because i always did. So maybe a few months ago i pulled it again tryin to lift more then i know i should have but this time it was even worse then the first time. I could barely turn my neck i had pain constantly every day. Even walking upright (which most cavemen eventually could do) gave me pain. I was so so so so miserable for the past few months i just hated life. It was like tourcher. **** i couldn't even sit at a computer without pain. I had to stop working out which i love doing and pretty much sat around on the couch trying to find a position i could lay in and not hurt. Well i dont mean to ramble on just trying to give some background on the constant hurt that i was dealing with and trust me i feel your pain 100% it is the worst and almost makes you want to give up on life...Now with that said it's been about 4 weeks and at the risk of jinxing myself im 100% better i work out now i can walk with no pain i can TURN MY NECK!! thank god! Anyway what i did was simple. I went to an Accupuncturist.... I know most logical people such as myself would say nahhh that's lame it wont work bla bla bla....Well that goes to show you how much pain i was in because for me to actually go see one says ALOT. i wont go into details but just put it like this first treatment i could actually turn my neck and for a while i almost forgot i had pain....it of course came back but it is not supposed to be cured after just one time....anyway today i just got back from my 4th time and i was debating cancelling today because i feel fine. I still went as a just in case thing but point is after about 2 years walking around in pain within 4 weeks 1 treatment a week i finally feel good. Now i dont know if this will help everyone or anyone but it's fairly inexpensive and what do you really have to lose giving it a shot?? I dont believe in mirical cures but i'll be damned if this isn't close as they come for me. Well i thought i would just leave my 2 cents in for everyone to take it or leave it. I sincerely wish nothing but good luck and well being to people dealing with this constant pain because it is one of the most painful depressing things to deal with. I just thank god i found something that helped me after all this time and i urge others to at least give it a session or two from a GOOD accupuncturist... It worked for me is all im sayihg....
    Ladronz 1 Replies
    • January 31, 2012
    • 08:59 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Trigger points cause the VAST majority of musculoskeletal pain. The reason that the advice given so far has been centered around massage, trigger point injections, and acupuncture (assuming the AP needled the trigger points) is that they are the standard of care for dealing with trigger points. I know. I have one of the worst cases of myofascial pain that even national experts have seen...so trigger points are a way of life for me. Get Claire Davies book and read how to get rid of them yourself or with the help of a partner. If the problem is localized or regional, you should be able to get near total relief. If you however have TrPs in several regions, then the problem is secondary to some other, most likely endocrine disorder and you'll need to get a workup from a good endocrinologist. The PT that wrote in also gave good advice about secondary TrPs to some other skeletal issue. Try the easy stuff first, it works far more often than not. If self care still hasn't fixed the problem, orthopedists would be a distant choice after finding a good physical therapist or massage therapist that is expert in myofascial pain and trigger points and has a dog earred set of the 'red books' by Travell and Simons. If you can find a therapist or acupuncturist that does 'dry needling' then you will get relief that much quicker. Trigger point lidocaine injections do the same thing with a little less next day soreness, but usually require a doc to give them or getting a script for injectable hardware and if you're not a basket case like me, good luck. If you can find knots that when pressed 'hurt so good', then press them firmly in smooth short strokes along the direction of the muscle, ideally in the direction of the returning blood flow. Use a pressure that results in about a pain level of 7 or so...maybe 8 if you're sure you're not bruising. Work it often, as the fresh blood will remove the toxins and acids burning in the tissues and bring oxygen into the TrP. Also, Google for the recipe for magnesium bicarbonate water. Its simply a reaction between Milk of Magnesia (MgOH) and seltzer water (CO2) that's easy and cheap to do at home and is one of the absolute best pain relieving things I have ever found. It got me off of powerful narcotics and like I said I have a case of this for the books. Magnesium bicarbonate water is simply amazing and you can make it yourself at home for pennies a gallon. I drink a gallon a day (you'll have to work up to this) and wouldn't be without it. My doctors drink it, give it to their families, the agency i used to work at use it, right up the 'third floor' folks and their families. Give it a shot. You'll be telling your friends, family, and coworkers. Good luck and God bless.
    GatorLord 3 Replies Flag this Response
  • I too have been in the same situation for the past 3 years so I feel your pain - literally and figuratively.This all stemmed from an injury on my left side. Just like you, my Trap muscles are ALWAYS in spasms and ALWAYS sore. So much so that I cry and can't wear a bra or sit for long or get comfortable in my chair or bed. Whenever someone pushes on the area - like my Acupuncturist - it snaps, crackles and pops. Mainly cracking though. It also happens on it's own when I move my shoulder and or arm around.Acupuncture has helped me A LOT. But it has to be consistent and I don't believe it can cure this now that I know what it is THANKS to my Acupuncturist who has had more insight and knowledge into my condition more than any modern medicine doctor. CASE IN POINT: the other night when she was doing some massage in that area, she told me she's never felt such cracking, and believes it to be Scapular ADHESIONS and/or Scar Tissue and/or Calcification from the years of Spasms.I CAN TELL YOU THIS: It stems from my neck, down into my shoulder, and now into my arm and hand all on the left side (which is the side I fell on.) ALSO, Physical Therapy did not work for me. I had trigger point injections in my neck (at that time, my neck was the only problem - the spasms and pain traveled to the scapula/traps.) I have seen MULTIPLE Orthopedists, and NOT ONE has been able to help me." No I can't give you a diagnosis, but here, take the medication for Fibromyalgia." UH, NO you A-hole! I DON'T LIKE ORTHOPEDISTS! They work mainly with bones!Which way to turn? Well, I'm going to a Neurologist AND a Chiropractor. Just like you, this has severely messed up my life. I worked as a Gardener: NO MORE! Can't work, my social life and romantic life are blah because I'm in pain all the time and no one wants to deal with it. I used to be a runner and that only makes the pain and spasms far worse. I'm only 33 years-old and haven't received one clear cut answer EXCEPT for my Godsend of an Acupuncturist. She attaches electric stimulation to the needles. Actually, the needles feel GOOD once you go through so much pain because you just want to rip the spasms out! It's like a release when she "needles" me. I'm sure you've felt this way about your pain.Like you want to rip out the muscles, right?Any update your conditions, either of you?  I have the same exact problem , terrible pain for last two years in upper trap and neck. I hurt it while doing bent over rows with heavy weight. Felt are sharp pain like a knife going straight down into my trap/back. I had shoulder surgery and for a torn labrum and rotator cuff, my shoulder is in good condition now. But my trap I can not solve the problem...tried evertying PT , Chrio , Acupuncture (seems to work a little) Any suggestions please?? my Trap/Scapula sound like snap/crackle/pop when moving it. Pain my neck and trap almost always there sore nagging , headaches. Please help.Thank youDaniel
    Claybox 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Hello fellow trapezoids suffers, **** I've had a burning & dull sensation for over 15 years. I can shrug my shoulder and a stiff muscle clicks and offers temporary relief. I can also push my elbow onto an armrest and get a muscle click (swollen supraspinitus that moves over a bone or something).Put tons of money into physio, massage, acupuncture, chiropractor. Their skills cannot find the cure but offer temporary relief.Had 2 MRI done on neck and shoulder, they couldn't see much except some tendonitis in a muscle but not the supraspinitus that is bothering me. Everything offers some immediate relief but can also aggravate the muscle, heating/cooling does some minor help. Cause: I think doing shoulder shrugs while Weightlifting with as much as 225 lb on the barbell. No it was never injured, it just started slowly bothering me.Because the swollen muscle pulls on my C6,7 vertebrae in my lower neck, it affects my moods, drive, makes me numb so I want a cure as well. My physiotherapist is trying to set me up with a spinal care clinic that injects a sugar solution into a weakened tendon attached to C7 vertebrae and which will cause scaring/strengthening of that C7 tendon, which will reduce the dullness I'm experiencing from having my spinal column pulled to one side by the supraspinitus. Hopefully it works. "The sugar injection is new technology".I'll give the trigger point a try. I've even thought about some type of anabolic steroid because those drugs offer quick healing. Till then, I'll see what trigger point does and try to find an orthopedic expert.Ciao,
  • Hello fellow trapezoids suffers, **** I've had a burning & dull sensation for over 15 years. I can shrug my shoulder and a stiff muscle clicks and offers temporary relief. I can also push my elbow onto an armrest and get a muscle click (swollen supraspinitus that moves over a bone or something).Put tons of money into physio, massage, acupuncture, chiropractor. Their skills cannot find the cure but offer temporary relief.Had 2 MRI done on neck and shoulder, they couldn't see much except some tendonitis in a muscle but not the supraspinitus that is bothering me. Everything offers some immediate relief but can also aggravate the muscle, heating/cooling does some minor help. Cause: I think doing shoulder shrugs while Weightlifting with as much as 225 lb on the barbell. No it was never injured, it just started slowly bothering me.Because the swollen muscle pulls on my C6,7 vertebrae in my lower neck, it affects my moods, drive, makes me numb so I want a cure as well. My physiotherapist is trying to set me up with a spinal care clinic that injects a sugar solution into a weakened tendon attached to C7 vertebrae and which will cause scaring/strengthening of that C7 tendon, which will reduce the dullness I'm experiencing from having my spinal column pulled to one side by the supraspinitus. Hopefully it works. "The sugar injection is new technology".I'll give the trigger point a try. I've even thought about some type of anabolic steroid because those drugs offer quick healing. Till then, I'll see what trigger point does and try to find an orthopedic expert.Ciao,Thursday May 9 Update: This morning I went to ProActive Health Group in Calgary Alberta. I previously sent in medical forms explaining my problem. The doctor "A Naturopathic Doc" was excellent and I received injection into various trigger points in my trapezius area on both shoulders "remember only one shoulder was the main issue". The injections contained Lidocain, Vitamin B12 and a Sugar "to speed healing" and it immediately gave me relief when I stood up.He said these injections have a 80% success rate and lets doctors get the root cause of what is causing the trigger points to be activated in the first place. Sometimes a weak ligament or tendonitis require a sugar injection to break things up and heal.I have 2 more appointments and feel great 2 hours after the first treatment.
  • Well I went for the second and third appointment to get the injections into the trigger points in my shoulders and upper back. 4 days later I feel really good. Driving and sitting at the desk seem much better, the shoulder muscles will act up a little bit but what has really improved is my ability to recover has Significantly Improved. Shoulder is relaxed soon after.Keep in mind I have trapezius tightness for 15 years. So I am working the next 30 days away from town so it will be a good test to see how long this treatment lasts.
  • I went for the second and third Lidocaine injections. Did all 3 over 3 weeks. So he injected this Lidocaine into all the trigger points in my upper back and shoulders as he found many knots. The injections have 3 ingredients 1) Lidocaine 2) Vitamin B12 3) Liquid sugar. This is administered by the Naturopath Doctor. Prescription medications are not part of this treatment. Each treatment got better results and 1 week after the third I am doing much better. I have 27 more days working overseas so I will see how I am at the end.I am feeling 50% better in the trapezius shoulder muscles which is a big improvement for me. The real test is to see if it last more than 1 week. More to come.
  • Its now July 12 and have had 6 treatments. 3 in May and 3 in June. Its actually called Prolotheray. I am doing very good over 3 weeks since my last treatment so it is working for me.Here is a description.Prolotherapy is also known as "proliferation therapy," "regenerative injection therapy or "proliferative injection therapy". It involves injecting an otherwise non-pharmacological and non-active irritant solution into the body, generally in the region of tendons or ligaments for the purpose of strengthening weakened connective tissue and alleviating muscoskeletal pain. Prolotherapy is hypothesized to reinitiate the inflammatory process that deposits new additional fibers thereby repairing lax tendons or ligaments and to possibly promote the release of local growth factors. However, the precise mechanisms of action remains unknown.Once strengthened, the weak areas would no longer send pain signals
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 12, 2013
    • 03:40 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It's so encouraging reading about all of your experiences. I can identify with all of you.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • February 4, 2014
    • 06:39 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm having the same problem. A year and a half a go I was lifting weights 5-6 times a week and started feeling sore in my traps. One day I was doing pull-ups and heard a pop. From that point out I have been dealing with back pain very close to my spine. Constant trap soreness and spasms. They never seem to go away and get worse when I try to exercise or get a low amount of sleep. I've had an MRI and everything was fine. Have you had any luck with recovery?
    Anonymous 1 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement