Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Trapezius pain for four years :( HELP !

Posted In: Muscle conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Mrathbun
  • October 3, 2009
  • 07:02 AM

I've been in pain for four years straight now. I'd love for anyone to read this if they have a moment and help me in anyway possible. The pain and tension is taking up space and time in my brain.
It all started a few years ago when I began to lift weights at the gym. I started to feel extreme tension in my lower trapezius ( about 3/5 up my back in the center ) at first it was just like having tension in your knuckles that you might be able to relieve with a simple stretch. I began to see a chiropractor. I got on one of his 'plans' and saw him 2x a week for a few months of re-alignment. I don't know if this is where the pain began, but here is what I deal with now...
I have constant tension in my lower-mid trapezius, and it's CONSTANTLY spasming. It feels bruised all the time, and just FULL OF TENSION. I can't sit without pain in normal positions without some sort of support. My neck and upper back sounds like a rice krispy treat, it constantly is cracking and snapping and popping http://www.spine-health.com/sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/Yahoo/sad.gif. I spend most of my day doing odd stretches/twists to relieve the tension/pain, but that always turns out bad; I end up hurting myself from over stretching. Within minutes of a released tension I'll have the urge to do it again, and again it pops. But after a whole day it just gets worse. I can't lift weights anymore, I can't jog, and I can't even ride a health rider; all of those turn into a bruised / sharp pain. All I can do is swim http://www.spine-health.com/sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/Yahoo/sad.gif. Sometimes it even effects my breathing because of all the over stretching, I feel like it pinches a nerve that restricts my breathing. The tension feels as if I need to be pulled out really far like a doll and have my spine put back into place.
It weighs me down, I get tired way more easily, and my mood and outlook on life has suffered. Even as I type this it feels beat up, and is throbbing with pain. Like a piece of meat just throbbing with pain and tension. BUT FROM WHAT ? I'm doing everything I can to try and figure out why I have this tension/pain. I've done 'strength training' exercises with a pt and it didn't help. I believe my doctors didn't treat me right the first time through. It's taking over my life. HELP.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement