Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

Itchy bumps. Almost like bites..

Posted In: Skin conditions 17 Replies
  • Posted By: Antiloop
  • October 2, 2009
  • 05:23 AM

Hey,
I've been getting these "bumps" for years now and I just can't find a solution. It can't be bugs, no one in my family that I live with has gotten them.. you'd think over 15 years they would get at least one.

I get at least one a day, sometimes more. I don't think I've ever had more than 4 or 5 at one time. The bumps look exactly almost like my reaction to a mosquito bite, or this skin ****k test picture
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3589/3310604130_9f7faaa6e4.jpg
The bumps are usually round like that, and white. (And usually surrounded by red because I scratch them.)
However, I ONLY get them on my face and neck and the upper part of my chest/back. Never anywhere below that. And only on certain areas of my face. Sometimes if I scratch my skin accidentally a bump will develop, but it is not like dermatographism where you can write with huge patches. It's just a bump...
It's really embarrassing and shows up at random times, usually on my cheeks. I just want to be rid of it. :( It really seems like I got bit by a mosquito, but when it happens in winter I get strange looks...

Reply Flag this Discussion

17 Replies:

• Could it be hives ? I know sometimes I scratch a small bump and I'll get big welts there. They're usually stress induced though....so having them for this amount of time, it's not likely. I'm dealing with my own itchy bumps. They look like flea bites but they're not. they pop up out of no where and itch like crazy. sigh, good luck to you on your search for an answer!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 12, 2009
    • 02:57 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Could it be hives ? I know sometimes I scratch a small bump and I'll get big welts there. They're usually stress induced though....so having them for this amount of time, it's not likely. I'm dealing with my own itchy bumps. They look like flea bites but they're not. they pop up out of no where and itch like crazy. sigh, good luck to you on your search for an answer!i get these aswell. i find covering the area of skin in loads of suda creme helps. or holding something cold on top of the rash like bumpy itchy thing. i get them on my arms legs neck and face. and they drive me crazy,if you find out what they are let me knwblue_bubble@live.co.uk:)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • take a look into Lichen-Planus-it may put you on the right tracke http://www.dermnet.com/Lichen-Planus-Drug
    charmaine petzer 176 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hey,I've been getting these "bumps" for years now and I just can't find a solution. It can't be bugs, no one in my family that I live with has gotten them.. you'd think over 15 years they would get at least one.I get at least one a day, sometimes more. I don't think I've ever had more than 4 or 5 at one time. The bumps look exactly almost like my reaction to a mosquito bite, or this skin ****k test picturehttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3589/3310604130_9f7faaa6e4.jpgThe bumps are usually round like that, and white. (And usually surrounded by red because I scratch them.)However, I ONLY get them on my face and neck and the upper part of my chest/back. Never anywhere below that. And only on certain areas of my face. Sometimes if I scratch my skin accidentally a bump will develop, but it is not like dermatographism where you can write with huge patches. It's just a bump...It's really embarrassing and shows up at random times, usually on my cheeks. I just want to be rid of it. :( It really seems like I got bit by a mosquito, but when it happens in winter I get strange looks...I've been getting bites, so I've been looking around on the internet just to get some general info.The first thing I found out about bed bugs, is that the bites tend to be all in a straight line.Judging from your picture, it looks like that's your problem.
  • My son and i suddenly have these bumps that look the same as yours, first diagnosed with chicken pox....then symptoms got worse so i went to the urgent care and they diagnosed us with scabies...just by looking..they didnt do a skin test at either dr visit. So im going to try this stuff they prescribed and see what happens. Oh and my boyfriend lives with us and doesnt have one bump so im clueless. T and e from phoenix
  • Hey,I've been getting these "bumps" for years now and I just can't find a solution. It can't be bugs, no one in my family that I live with has gotten them.. you'd think over 15 years they would get at least one.I get at least one a day, sometimes more. I don't think I've ever had more than 4 or 5 at one time. The bumps look exactly almost like my reaction to a mosquito bite, or this skin ****k test picturehttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3589/3310604130_9f7faaa6e4.jpgThe bumps are usually round like that, and white. (And usually surrounded by red because I scratch them.)However, I ONLY get them on my face and neck and the upper part of my chest/back. Never anywhere below that. And only on certain areas of my face. Sometimes if I scratch my skin accidentally a bump will develop, but it is not like dermatographism where you can write with huge patches. It's just a bump...It's really embarrassing and shows up at random times, usually on my cheeks. I just want to be rid of it. :( It really seems like I got bit by a mosquito, but when it happens in winter I get strange looks...From the picture and what I've read those are bed bug bites. Classic bites in a line.
  • Hey,I've been getting these "bumps" for years now and I just can't find a solution. It can't be bugs, no one in my family that I live with has gotten them.. you'd think over 15 years they would get at least one.I get at least one a day, sometimes more. I don't think I've ever had more than 4 or 5 at one time. The bumps look exactly almost like my reaction to a mosquito bite, or this skin ****k test picturehttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3589/3310604130_9f7faaa6e4.jpgThe bumps are usually round like that, and white. (And usually surrounded by red because I scratch them.)However, I ONLY get them on my face and neck and the upper part of my chest/back. Never anywhere below that. And only on certain areas of my face. Sometimes if I scratch my skin accidentally a bump will develop, but it is not like dermatographism where you can write with huge patches. It's just a bump...It's really embarrassing and shows up at random times, usually on my cheeks. I just want to be rid of it. :( It really seems like I got bit by a mosquito, but when it happens in winter I get strange looks...Hey Ive gotten the same bumps just like yours, they appear on my face and in my scalp sometimes and look a lot like mosquito bites. i usually get them in the same posts and sometimes they are in a line but other times they are random. i also get at random times but i always got them when my boyfriend is with me which is really weird but its always at different places. Ive gotten them at restaurants, in stores, in movies, and after intercourse. i usually get hot in the face and light headed. if anyone has any ideas or answers please post them i am very anxious to hear... thanx
  • They are usually induced by stress if. so with this amount of time is unlikely. I'm trying with my own skin to itch. They look like flea bites, but they are not. that emerge from nowhere and bite like crazy.
  • i get them at random times? like white bumps, surrounded by red. theyre thought to be flea bites i dont know but sudocrem really helps mine.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 13, 2011
    • 10:11 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have a very similar situation here. I have been to the dermatologist twice and had my home inspected for bed bugs (no evidence of this). I am on antihistamines but still get bumps, some days worse than others. I feel like I am going crazy. Can you tell me if you have had any new information. I have been searching on the internet hoping to find the answer but to no avail. help help.....
    wendyCanada 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • check out grovers disease
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• Since you may know the bedbug bites could be very itchy and uncomfortable, however, they can't bring about virtually any severe troubles. However, currently lots of people wonder if there are additional unintended side effects of bed bug bites which could lead to further problems. When it comes to bed bugs we've 2 significant unwanted effects. On the list of warning signs is at the same time one of the most uncomfortable - this is the scratching The actual itching intensity is different from a person to a different one and while a lot of people don’t even notice the bites other people experience really scratchy crimson welts on their epidermis. These individuals may even put up with skin disease however that mainly arises as a result of extreme scratching.http://www.bedbugbitesinfo.com/The other common side-effect is often a emotional reaction to the actual existence of these kinds of parasitic organisms. Individuals suffering from this side effects may have indicators like sleep issues, a depressive disorder, panic, and stress. Those indications frequently emerge because those recognize that they can’t fully feel the bed bug bites throughout the night and that also those insects can not be cleaned up and removed without difficulty, so they sense somewhat insecure and unguaranteed.
  • Hey,I've been getting these "bumps" for years now and I just can't find a solution. It can't be bugs, no one in my family that I live with has gotten them.. you'd think over 15 years they would get at least one.I get at least one a day, sometimes more. I don't think I've ever had more than 4 or 5 at one time. The bumps look exactly almost like my reaction to a mosquito bite, or this skin ****k test picturehttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3589/3310604130_9f7faaa6e4.jpgThe bumps are usually round like that, and white. (And usually surrounded by red because I scratch them.)However, I ONLY get them on my face and neck and the upper part of my chest/back. Never anywhere below that. And only on certain areas of my face. Sometimes if I scratch my skin accidentally a bump will develop, but it is not like dermatographism where you can write with huge patches. It's just a bump...It's really embarrassing and shows up at random times, usually on my cheeks. I just want to be rid of it. :( It really seems like I got bit by a mosquito, but when it happens in winter I get strange looks...Did you ever find a solution? I have the exact same problem!
  • I believe the original picture is an allergy test. You can see the tape so the doctor can identify what allergen was pricked where. This is not related to bed bugs. The original poster was just showing a picture he found on the internet to give an example...not of his own skin.
  • I think you are effected by bed bugs So Steroid creams or oral antihistamines would be helpful for you!bed bug mattress covers
    tonnymilson 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have a very similar situation here. I have been to the dermatologist twice and had my home inspected for bed bugs (no evidence of this). I am on antihistamines but still get bumps, some days worse than others. I feel like I am going crazy. Can you tell me if you have had any new information. I have been searching on the internet hoping to find the answer but to no avail. help help.....II'm in the same boat, has the condition for over 5 years. This is so frustrating, its time to demand answers.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 25, 2012
    • 11:51 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Did anyone figure out the itchy bumps that look like mosquito bites in winter
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • February 2, 2014
    • 03:43 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement