Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Need help for unrelenting stomach problems

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: confusedmom45
  • September 25, 2009
  • 03:17 PM

My daughter is 16 and has had stomach aches with vomiting, fatigue, no appetite and headache. It started out as a one day episode. Then one week later it was a three day episode now 10 days later it will not go away. She has missed a week of school. She is currently being treated for gastritis with prevacid. However the headache just started 2 days ago. She has no fever and her bowels are normal. She sleeps all the time. Her blood counts are normal eg. white blood cell count normal so the dr. has ruled out bacterial infection. Still waiting on Mono test and celiac disease test. Is there anything else we should be testing for. I feel she should see a pediatric gastroenterologist which I am currently trying to get to in Boston. She did have an emergency Appendectomy in early August and seemed to recover fine. However, all these symptoms started one month later. Any correlation? IF she had a stomach virus she would have recovered by now. None of my children have ever been sick like this.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement