Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Cafe au lait spots

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: kesaiserris
  • September 20, 2009
  • 08:11 PM

I developed cafe au lait like spots when I was a teenager, they appeared all over my neck, back, and some on my chest. For a while they were severe, but then they went away most of them on my chest I still have some. They do not itch or anything. Occasionally they come back, and have been creeping up higher on my neck. I read that the appearance of cafe au lait spots when there are more than a certain number and are bigger than 5mm is usually a sign of something being quite wrong like Neurofibramotosis? Does anyone know about these spots? Are they pretty clearly indicative of a problem if there a lot of large ones? I have some other probs I mentioned in another post you can refer too but I don't have deformities, which seems to occur in a lot of conditions related to these spots at least not outward deformity my organs are a bit off as I said. Could these spots be nothing? Maybe the key to getting a diagnosis?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement