Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Loose Stool and Flatulence

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 5 Replies
  • Posted By: Dave_in_DC
  • December 27, 2006
  • 05:43 PM

I have experienced loose stool and frequent gas for almost a year. Doctors have conducted full routine blood screen, I have been checked for all veneral diseases. Nothing came back positive or abnormal. I do not drink and have no known food allergies. This condition has severly affected my social life and I am desperate to find a solution. Please help!!

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• Did your doctor order the blood test for celiac disease? It can cause your symptoms and doctors don't usually think to test for it although it is really quite common.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 6, 2007
    • 05:56 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am from DC too.Do you know that the air in MD is so polluted it was declare unsafe for people?I wonder what kind of air do we get. Anyhow, I would recommend you reading previous posts on similar topics here.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 6, 2007
    • 09:38 AM
    Flag this Response
  • If you try taking 'activated charcoal' and the symptoms disappear, it is an imbalance in digestive enzymes. If the symptoms don't disappear, then I would suggest you have yourself checked for IBS.BTW, stop taking sugar and bread.
    Phillip 5 Replies
    • January 6, 2007
    • 08:22 PM
    Flag this Response
  • You said they did a blood test but have you had a comprehensive stool culture done? This is very important. You will have to collect your stool over a 3 day period and it's gross, but they can test for many things such as giardia, bacteria, e coli, candida, and if you have taken antibiotics they should definitely test for c. difficile...you need to have this test done if you haven't already had one. That said you need to build up your intestinal flora with a good quality probiotic (one with several strains of acidopholus, b. Bifidum, and more). Take at least the recommended dose, and if you have severe diarrhea you can take more. A good food remedy for loose stools is rice porridge. Cook 1 cup short grain brown rice in 5 cups of pure water over a low heat for 3-6 hours. This is very fortifying and easily digested. Lastly, consider acupuncture and Chinese Herbal therapy. It can really help gastrointestinal problems. Hope this helps.Doctor of Oriental Medicine
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • January 6, 2007
    • 11:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have experienced loose stool and frequent gas for almost a year. Doctors have conducted full routine blood screen, I have been checked for all veneral diseases. Nothing came back positive or abnormal. I do not drink and have no known food allergies. This condition has severly affected my social life and I am desperate to find a solution. Please help!!You might need to ask your doctor to check for Ameba. Ameba eat bacteria in your intestinse which in turn make your darm flora bad as a result you get gas and diarria because of that.rvt
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 7, 2007
    • 09:53 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement