Discussions By Condition: Finger conditions

finger bumps

Posted In: Finger conditions 34 Replies
  • Posted By: pawpawskat
  • December 27, 2006
  • 01:16 PM

I'm relatively new at this so please bear with me. For the past couple of months I have noticed bumps under the skin on my fingers. It's between the knuckle and first joint. On my index finger I can feel 4 or 5 different sizes and 1 or 2 on the remaining fingers. It doesn't feel like it's on the bone because I can move them. When I press ******n them, they burn. Over 15 years ago I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Mixed connective disease, and Polymysitis.:( Does anyone have a clue as to what this is? I've also been experencing severe migraines.:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

34 Replies:

• I also have this bumpy finger thing going on. They have been on my middle finger on my right hand for several months, maybe as much as a year and they seem like they are deep. I've tried to lance them, which worked once, but led another one to appear nearby. They don't hurt unless really pushed down upon, but they sure are unsightly. Anyone know what these are and if there is a treatment?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 12, 2007
    • 11:13 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i also have them. there is a treatment. what they are is a puss filled sac and you have to got to the doctor and get them (for lack of a better word)pumped out. but, i am afriad of needles so i just live with the pain. i don't think they can do much harm.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 14, 2007
    • 01:23 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i too have odd finger bumps? its been goin on for prolly three years now, they come and go. they arent on the bone but inbetween the knuckles and under the skin. they get red and have kinda a tingley warm feeling when they are touched or bumped on something. it have blood tests and lots of xrays...nobody knows what they are!!!??? itd be my luck to have a new disease named after me!! HELP! Stumped in VT
    RedneckgirlVT 11 Replies Flag this Response
  • I dont think they are a puss filled sac, cuz their kinda hard, you cant separate the bump but you can move it around. right now i have one on my left index finger and its gettin stiff cuz of the cold wet weather we have right now...spring never is really spring in VT u know? i think the cold might be a factor but other than that i dont know what brings them on??? ive had a couple doctors and even a rheumatologist tell me it could be a side effect of hepitis C...so they really wanna pin point that its hepitis i think. HVC is hard to diagnose though, cuz it can stay dormant for 10-15 years!!! and i might have picked up the HVC from a tattoo i got, they re-used their ink! samething as re-using a needle really, it all started after i got this tat...prolly 3months after. i dunno, but its getting frustrating..ive had to cut a few rings off my fingers cuz they were just so swollen! ouch SOMEBODY SAVE ME! and my fingers!
    RedneckgirlVT 11 Replies Flag this Response
  • I think I might have the same thing. I did a bunch of research and found lots of information that covers rheumatoid nodules, that might be what you are experiencing. It's pretty depressing to google it because you will see some grotesque examples, probably way worse than what you are experiencing now.
    buckarooster 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • I also have a very painful (red) bump on one of my fingers - went to the ER and was told it is a finger infection called Paronychia (or Felon). It is painful and throbs regularly - it is an abscess that is infecting the inside of the finger (under the nail; or in my case, on the side and near the pad of the finger). They put me on antibiotics and I have to have minor surgery (lanced so that the abscess can be drained and removed). I hope that this at least helps with diagnosis and identification of your finger bumps... Go BoSox & Pats!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 6, 2007
    • 05:38 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It only happens once in a while, i thinks this is why they dont know what it is yet? It seems to only happen when its cold or if im working alot, i run a tig and sedaline torch all day everyday...so that may not help either. But when it is just cold my fingers tighten up and are hard to move!! its kinda scary. It really doesnt feel like carpal tunnel or any of that??? Im outta ideas on what to do? Dont have much for insurance so im not very motivated to go to the doctor so they can tell me they dont know what it is...again.help!Pondering in Vermont
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 12, 2007
    • 00:52 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i am also affected by same finger of hand and legs bumbs obviously with out reasons i noticed that it mostly occurs in rainy seasons.and who and all wear shoes because of wet condition any body noticed like this
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 17, 2008
    • 05:29 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have been getting these bumps for years on my fingers. They are hard and they hurt. I have no idea what they are but they are really starting to bother me. I am going to go to the doc and see if he can remove them.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 10, 2009
    • 01:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I also have these bumps off and on and so does my sister. Pay attention to when they pop up, are you under stress? That is the only time my sister and i get them. I actually named them my "stress bumps". When my sister got divorced she had them worse than ever. I was just re-assigned at workl and i have them now.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have had these bumps on and off for years now. Many years. They are fluid filled sacks, sometimes referred to as "Bible Bumps" because they would used Bibles to smash them. I used to play basketball and would jump and grab the rim, causing the bump to "pop". The bumps are hard, but move and are painful when pressure is applied. Now that I am older, and can't jump as high, I go to the doctor when the bump returns. I happen to have one right now on the ring finger of my right hand, and it seems to get larger over time.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• hey ima young 13 year old and im experianceing these problems too. this "problem" is what i have on my index finger on my joint . i dont know what it is but all i know is it doesnt hurt me. i just woke up one morning with it on my finger and was very concerned...... so if anyone knows whats wrong with me then please contact me at mikesaslayer@gmail.com. thank you:D:D
    mike+gabby<3 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi, I'm 18 and I've been experiencing finger bumps also but they havn't come up till recently. The way it started off was just that the joint on the middle finger of my right hand was aching then the whole finger started swelling and then all the other fingers on that hand started getting similar sensations. I've no idea what it is... could be an infection because i also have an abcess under my left arm. I'm not sure but i do know that everyones body has a different way of flushing toxins and parasytes out whether it's the fingers, feet or armpits but there is usually one different place that something happens to when most people get a bit under the weather so don't worry but get it checked if you think it's serious or can't stop thinking about it whatever it may be. But the truth is, if you make the right choices and eat well... and live well then you're body will likely be able to deal with anything that get's thrown at it (not literally :] ) It's surprising how much abuse the human physiology can take before it starts showing it.ggod luck to all,Gabriel.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 10, 2009
    • 02:19 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Okay everyone, I came here to read about some bumps I found on fingers near or on top of knuckles and felt I had to address some issues I read about here. There is something called GANGLION CYSTS. They are usually located on hands wrists and other places. They contain a liquid which can be drained using a needle and is not traumatic at all to have done. (THEY ARE KIND OF SOFT AND SQUISHY OR HARD AND SQUISHY IF ENLARGED AND HURT SOME OF THE TIME. THEY ARE NOT SOLIDLY ATTACHED AND MIGHT MOVE IF PRESSED BUT ONLY SLIGHTLY)The thing is many doctors recommend this or sometimes you hit them on purpose or accident and they burst and go away for a while. Think of them as little clear octopus's with legs that strangle and wrap around nerves. You can have them drained instead of removed but I found mine always come back, even with surgery sometimes takes one to three times to get them all. But HERES THE CATCH/ IF YOU DON'T REMOVE THEM they get bigger and cause more pain and the tentacles grow longer and invade further. I have found to get them out is best for me anyway. There are also what they used to call bible cysts which are calcium and hard and some used to break them up with a book thats where the name comes from, hit them to crush it instead of removing it surgically. I know some should not be burst so don't go doing this. Oh and they don't show up on xrays, the doctor has to put a little metal ball on the spot to know where to look. The GANGLION CYSTS SEEM TO RUN IN FAMILY AND WILL SWELL WHEN WORKING LIKE PULLING WEEDS OR OTHER HAND OPERATIONS. THEY HURT AND WILL SWELL THEN GO DOWN AGAIN PERHAPS. Mine cause me big nerve pain eventually and I choose to have them removed before they can turn into a big thing and end up being hard to remove. The larger they get the harder for the doctor to remove all the pieces so it does not come back. SEE ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON OR DOCTOR FOR A DIAGNOSIS. BUT DONT IGNORE IT LIKE THEY SAY YOU NEVER KNOW DO YOU??
    Dale_3 1 Replies
    • December 18, 2009
    • 04:13 AM
    Flag this Response
  • as i was reading this thread i pushed REALLY ******n mine (middle finger, left hand between lower knuckle and finger. I heard a somewhat loud THUMP and it's gone. I don't feel the bump anymore but it hurts a little now. I'm assuming it will probably go away but that's really weird.I suppose if they are bothering you just try to move them. It might take a bit of force.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 26, 2010
    • 07:25 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have bumps on my finger but they are growing downwards my finger. They don't stay in the same place. Then I end up with shiny spots on my finger from where they were. 3 bumps or so are now on top of my knuckle and its turning like a blueish color. I am going to the doctor soon about this.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 28, 2010
    • 09:35 PM
    Flag this Response
  • have a hard bump i noticed bout a week ago in my fingertip.. i thought it was a splinter that i just didnt get all of it out... but ive dug into my finger and no splinter and bump still there... over the past week it has seemed to risen to the top, not really gotten bigger... more painful as its gotten closer to skin...there does seem to be a smooth shiny spot where it is too... it located on my ring finger, right hand, and dead center of finger tip.. no clue what it is...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 7, 2010
    • 07:18 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've had these on my feet before really bad where to the point I couldn't walk. My doctors thought it was because I was allergic to a material made in my new cheap Old Navy fllip flops. However, now I have them on my fingers, they just appeared today. oviously it can't be the allergic reaction as they thought it was in the first case. i don't know what it is!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 9, 2010
    • 00:18 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I've got the same problem, but it doesn't sound anything like yours. Mine almost seem like warts, they're little bumps on my forefinger, on the tip of the finger, on the side closest to the thumb. And they're fleshy. Thing is, I tried wart cream and I tried that freeze away stuff, and finally I got so annoyed that I used a pair of nail clippers and actually could clip off the skin -- thing is, it didn't hurt. I can cut the extra fleshy part right off until I'm flush with my regular skin. Now, if I cut too deep, I cut into the good skin and I bleed, but it doesn't hurt other than that. Except it always grows back. Help?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 11, 2010
    • 01:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Me too. I noticed one day on my right hand, middle finger that their was this hard little bump on the side(joint), and over the days, I felt that hardness grow in my other fingers. Then one day, they were so stiff and painful to bend, I noticed these two bumps on the top of my pinkie finger(joint also). Now, I can bend them without any pain, but I've noticed these little red dots appearing... Some ranging from the size of a tip of a pencil, to the pinprick of a needle, some appear to be under neath the skin, when others are on top. This is so weird... PLEASE HELP! I'm pretty healthy teenager, so I don't know why this is happening...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 17, 2010
    • 06:36 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement