Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Rectal pain, cramping and stomach distention

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: marygrace
  • September 8, 2009
  • 09:55 PM

Two weeks ago I had sudden cramping and pain through my stomach and my rectum. Shooting pains and cramping that made me double over in pain, which was made worse by trying to have a bowel movement. The next morning the pain had lessened but was not gone so I went to the hospital. They did a urine sample and touched my stomach and told me I was constipated. That night I took some laxatives, drank lots of fluids,etc. The day after that, pain still not gone, seemed to be more upper stomach where as it was lower before. Had 2 generous sized bowel movements, which were difficult to pass due to rectum pain. Pain was not relieved from bowel movements. Went back to hospital in the middle of the night, pain was starting to worry me a bit. When seen by first Dr. I was told it's most likely apendicitis. With further blood tests and an ultrasound (right side only) I was told it was "blood on my ovary" or "like a mini explosion"??? It has now been a week and a half later and I did get my period a couple days ago which was painful, crampy, bad lower back pain. Pain in my rectum is still there, not quite as bad but still there. And definitly pain during intercourse. I have had pain during intercourse in the past and just never thought much of it. I do get constipated some times and always assumed that was the cause.
I do also think I have a wheat or gluten intolerance or allergy that I haven't been looking after. I've had a hectic summer and haven't been able to eat the way I normally do. I have never been dianosed with celiacs disease but I do have alot of the symptoms associated with it.
I feel like there is more than one thing going on? When I researched more of my symptoms on here, it said endometriosis or diverticulitis?
Anybody had any of this symptoms? Any advice?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement