Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

My breathing stops while I`m sleeping

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 31, 2009
  • 05:26 PM

Over the past few nights while I try and drop off to sleep I can feel my body shutting down, it seems to slow down to such and extent that I stop breathing. I gasp for breath and then get terrible headaches and palpitations in my chest and neck which lasts for a few minutes ti`ll I try and drop off again. This lasts for a few hours until the early hours when i`m just catching the odd chance to have nap. I do not snore or have any blockages, im not over weight, my body just seems to shut down.
I have had high blood pressure problems for the last 27 years and before going on the BP tablets that i`m on now I was ok, recently I was told I had to up my daily dose from 10mgs to 20mgs to stabilise my readings. My BP really fluctuates from readings of 180/115 to 111/71 and I am scared that while i`m sleeping it drops so low that thats the reason for my breathing to stop and if I go on stronger ones then my problem will get worse.
Am I right in thinking this or are the two problems unrelated? I am 49 years of age.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement