Discussions By Condition: Blood conditions

small red spots on arms legs back chest

Posted In: Blood conditions 61 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 26, 2006
  • 10:00 AM

i am 23 old girl doctor says it isi purpura i m suffering for 3 yrs spots fade away by themselves in 2 or 3 days i want a premanent solution i m to marry v soon will this problem affect my family life too i m frustrated

Reply Flag this Discussion

61 Replies:

• there are alot of reasons for this tiny little pin like rashes. sometimes i have them and they seem to go and come at their own will. mine don't hurt or itch. my doc seems to ignore them. says if they don't hurt don't worry. but you can research them online. are you feeling run down, nausead or anything other than the spots?
    tammy jo 3 Replies
    • December 29, 2006
    • 00:52 PM
    Flag this Response
  • yeah ive got the same problem if anyone has a name are something to go on help
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 1, 2007
    • 08:18 AM
    Flag this Response
  • same hereIf I remember right...It has something to do with your blood but it has no effect on your health.Im pretty sure it traces back to the american indians.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 6, 2007
    • 08:26 AM
    Flag this Response
  • really? i've had these strange red spots since i was in high school. i have some cree blood in me. i would be interested to hear where you heard there was a link between the two.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 15, 2007
    • 08:12 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Have you had your platelet levels checked. I have a disease called ITP which causes my platelets to disappear. You will also notice brusing if your platelets are low. there is a great website called itppeople that you can read much more on my disease.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 28, 2007
    • 07:11 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i'm 16 years old, i have these spots all over my arms legs and buttocks. some can be ''popped'' and some cannot. these affected regions are noticibly red. however my skin is nice and clear when i am indoors or in warmth. i assumed it was some kind of allergy to my soap so i changed to ''pure'' soap (100% natural), there has been significant improvement but the problem still exists. can any one help me? it would be nice to wear t-shirts again and not have to hide my skin.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have been told it is due to an intolerance to dairy products. When I reduce my intake of those, the spots do almost disappear.
  • i have noticed red spots all over my legs, back, and chest. i am slightly lactose intolerant, but can they really be caused by dairy products? they are not raised and don't really itch. hmmm....
  • my daughter and I both have red spots like a pin they come and go- sure would like to know #1 reason why they apear and why they go away on thier own,,,it bugs us.... we are both diagnosed with anemia/fibromyalgia and arthritis.anyone have a reason? or help to over come these the pain alone is killing us...along with tiredness/weakness...ths
  • many times red spots are caused by an allergy to MSG (found in chinese and processed foods. good luck
  • I have red spots that appear on my arms. I am a red head, which means that I have sensitive and fair skin. I asked a nurse about my arms and she said that it was nothing to worry about. I however get embarassed to show them. I assumed that it had something to do with achne, so I tried an achne body wash. It seemed to help a little, but the spots still show up. I also have tried using hydrocortosone cream, which is good for rashes but haven't gotten any good results with that either. I wish I could find something that would make them go away!
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I have had the same problem. I found out it was called Keratosis pilaris and is a genetically enheirted condition. The spots will become more visable in the winter season as low humidity dries out the skin if you would want to know more about it this website is very helpful. http://www.skincare4uonline.com/kp.html
  • I learned in school that they are called petechiae and purpura. They can be caused from increased bleeding from the capilliaries in to the tissue and nothing to be concerned with. It can also occur with vitamin C deficiency which smoking decreases the absorption of vitamin C so that could also be the problem if you are a smoker. If you are still concerned contact your doctor to check your labs to see if you have a platelet deficiency or anemia.
  • I think some of you are talking about petechiae. It is a result of a low platelet count and can be serious, I know from experience. Is this what you have? http://www.mayoclinic.com/popupnowrap.cfm?objectid=696E68F3-2A5D-9994-EAACADE33851475E&method=display_full Definitely show it to your doctor.
  • I have the same problem. I was from the Philippines and I was 15 when I moved to Canada. After 6 months of staying in Canada I noticed that I'm starting to have those red spots on my legs and arms. I asked the doctor what it is, and she said it's nothing to be concerned about. But I have it for 3 years now and I really want it to disappear. :(
  • I've done quite a bit of research on this since everyone on my mom's side of the family and all my siblings have this to one degree or another. In some cases, of course not all cases, it is something called Keratosis Pilaris. Particularly if the red spots are small bumps that can be popped. It is a condition that is characterized by too much Keratin (the protein that hair is made of) within the hair follicles. It causes the follicle to become plugged. I've read it is common among people with Celtic ancestry, as is the case with my family. It does help to thoroughly exfoliate the skin each time you shower. I actually use a fine grain emery board because loofah's just don't cut it and pumice stones just scratch up my skin. I follow up my shower with coconut oil and msm lotion. The red spots haven't completely gone away but they have been reduced by 95% and my skin is smooth to the touch. Certain red spots can also be caused by food allergies, or too much sugar in the diet exacerbating candida. My suggestion would be to do as much research as you can on the subject and don't just take someone else's word for it, not even a doctor. No one cares about your health and well being as much as you do, so it is ultimately up to you to make the proper choices for you.
  • i'm not sure but one guess i have is petechiae, they are red pin point spots caused by bleeding under the skin, they can be common in lupus, just as fibromyalagia, and arthitis. for those who do not know lupus is an autoimmune disease, it is more common in women but men do get it to and it can run in the family.
  • Anemia and tiredness and pain can be symptoms of celiac disease. Ask for a blood test to rule it out?
  • my daughter and I both have red spots like a pin they come and go- sure would like to know #1 reason why they apear and why they go away on thier own,,,it bugs us.... we are both diagnosed with anemia/fibromyalgia and arthritis.anyone have a reason? or help to over come these the pain alone is killing us...along with tiredness/weakness...thsI understand what you are going through, I have had the same thing and I too am also diagnosed with Anemia, fibromyalgia, arthritis and sleeping disorder which was just recently diagnosed due to my tiredness and weakness. You may want to have your doctor check any medications that you may be taking, I actually went to this website this evening and this is how I ran into this website. adrugrecall.com if your on any meds you may want to review this website, just to see if your not having any serious side effects. As for the red spots they are checking me for a blood disorder, so you may want to go see your doctor.
  • I had/have this, and it totally dissapears when i rub the areas morning and night with a product called 'Tend skin', or by using Rubbing alcohol (used to clean skin after getting tattoos) then putting an emollient type moisturizer on top such as Aqueous cream or Cetaphil. A mild antiseptic cream works well too such as 'Savlon'. Cleaning the areas properly with a cloth during showering or bathing really helps.This condition can be aggravated or just be a reaction to your clothing rubbing on the backs of you arms so maybe changing washing powder might help, wearing loose clothes or tank tops ectHope this helps
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement