Discussions By Condition: Muscle conditions

Lump on right buttock after fall and bruise, can I get rid of it?

Posted In: Muscle conditions 16 Replies
  • Posted By: karen3w
  • August 19, 2009
  • 00:32 PM

Hi,

This is a long shot, but would be grateful for advice.

About 10 years ago I fell down the stairs, bounced off my **m near the bottom and had a huge bruise and lump afterwards. I went to the doctor, who said nothing was broken, it was just a bruise and the swelling would go down after a while.

Well, 10 years down the line, I still have a lump there. It's unsightly and I would love to get rid of it.

Has anyone any idea what I can do to get rid of this? I wouldn't go as far as surgery but wondered if massaging with something might make it go away. I understand it is probably calcified??

Thanks for any advice.

Reply Flag this Discussion

16 Replies:

• bump .....anyone?Hi,This is a long shot, but would be grateful for advice.About 10 years ago I fell down the stairs, bounced off my **m near the bottom and had a huge bruise and lump afterwards. I went to the doctor, who said nothing was broken, it was just a bruise and the swelling would go down after a while.Well, 10 years down the line, I still have a lump there. It's unsightly and I would love to get rid of it. Has anyone any idea what I can do to get rid of this? I wouldn't go as far as surgery but wondered if massaging with something might make it go away. I understand it is probably calcified??Thanks for any advice.
    karen3w 2 Replies
    • August 21, 2009
    • 11:15 PM
    Flag this Response
  • bump .....anyone?Hi,I have the exact same thing (from a fall down cement stairs)...I went to the doctor for it and he basically told me to lose weight. I know that surgery is an option but I was also hoping to find a solution and I came across your ad. Please if you find an answer would you email me? I'm @ a loss...I would really appreciate it...my email address is joybfc7@hotmail.com thanks!
    joybfc7 1 Replies
    • August 23, 2009
    • 02:13 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi,I have the exact same thing (from a fall down cement stairs)...I went to the doctor for it and he basically told me to lose weight. I know that surgery is an option but I was also hoping to find a solution and I came across your ad. Please if you find an answer would you email me? I'm @ a loss...I would really appreciate it...my email address is joybfc7@hotmail.com thanks!Of course I'll let you know if I find a way of getting rid of this! Losing weight not really a solution is it, as it's a lump caused by a fall, not by overeating! Ridiculous!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 23, 2009
    • 03:44 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have exactly the same thing. I hate it because my lump makes my **m look pointed! I asked the doc and he also said to lose weight as it was just a fatty deposit. Bizarre I know. I've lost nearly a stone since then but no change to the lump :(
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I know it was last year but wondered if anyone had an answer how to get rid of it. I too had quite a big fall at 5yrs old bruised all down from buttock to leg and now have a lump never gone away no matter what I have done I am now 28yrs old. Went to a Dr when I ws about 15 who said it could be removed but would leave a scar and possibly and indent so never took anything further. I have tried deep massage and asked hubby to wack it to see if it will just pop but nothing. Any suggestions as I can see it even through clothes so always cover up even in summer and would love it to go. : )
  • I'm 20 and i had exactly the same accident. Was going down some stairs that twist at the bottom must of stood on the thin part of the step but can't really remember. Went crashing through the door at the bottom of our stairs and couldn't sit on my left side for weeks. I had a huge evil bruise on my **m cheek, took weeks to disappear! Its been 2 months and I have my 2nd trip to the Dr's office tomorrow but now after reading your post i'm quite worried its never going to disappear.. Does nothing really make it go away? My Dr told me that its just like a bump on your head theres no bruise or blood clot underneath its just a build up of damaged tissue but then bumps on your head disappear. Lately i've been getting shooting pains in my lump and its getting quite uncomfortable! I also have a similar problem when it comes to wearing tight jeans because my lump can be seen through all clothing! If I do find a solution i shall post the answer here believe me!
  • I'm 20 and i had exactly the same accident. Was going down some stairs that twist at the bottom must of stood on the thin part of the step but can't really remember. Went crashing through the door at the bottom of our stairs and couldn't sit on my left side for weeks. I had a huge evil bruise on my **m cheek, took weeks to disappear! Its been 2 months and I have my 2nd trip to the Dr's office tomorrow but now after reading your post i'm quite worried its never going to disappear.. Does nothing really make it go away? My Dr told me that its just like a bump on your head theres no bruise or blood clot underneath its just a build up of damaged tissue but then bumps on your head disappear. Lately i've been getting shooting pains in my lump and its getting quite uncomfortable! I also have a similar problem when it comes to wearing tight jeans because my lump can be seen through all clothing! If I do find a solution i shall post the answer here believe me!I also have the same problem! Never went to doc and it's been 8 mos since my fall! However I also have back pain along with the bump on my butt!!! If anyone has any answers I would love to hear them!!! Tired of wearing long shirts!!!LOL!!
  • I'm 20 and i had exactly the same accident. Was going down some stairs that twist at the bottom must of stood on the thin part of the step but can't really remember. Went crashing through the door at the bottom of our stairs and couldn't sit on my left side for weeks. I had a huge evil bruise on my **m cheek, took weeks to disappear! Its been 2 months and I have my 2nd trip to the Dr's office tomorrow but now after reading your post i'm quite worried its never going to disappear.. Does nothing really make it go away? My Dr told me that its just like a bump on your head theres no bruise or blood clot underneath its just a build up of damaged tissue but then bumps on your head disappear. Lately i've been getting shooting pains in my lump and its getting quite uncomfortable! I also have a similar problem when it comes to wearing tight jeans because my lump can be seen through all clothing! If I do find a solution i shall post the answer here believe me!That was my original message and after my 2nd trip to the Dr's finally she's sending me for an ultrasound on my lump. 3 months later and the lump is still there. The shooting pains have calmed down a lot but have noticed ive been getting a lot of cramp in my upper left leg. Not sure if its connected but i can't think of any other reason for why i would have cramp there. I'll post again after my ultrasound but i am bricking it!
  • I've got the exact same thing, fell down hard stairs about 4 years ago now and had a maaaassive purple black bruise and am still left with a big lump the size of an egg.. above it you can almost feel a straight line break in the muscles where the stair hit. I went to the doctor who said to get rid of it I would need an operation and that because it would be "purely cosmetic" the NHS wouldn't do it (i'm in the UK) and it would cost about £2000 :(
  • I went to the doc today because i fell down the stairs a year ago, bruising one **m cheek, and when the bruise went i was left with a lump. then again in feb i slipped down some stairs again and bruised the other **m cheek, but this one was worse, and when the bruise had gone, it left another lump. so i have a lump on each cheek, they arent really noticeable, only when i clench they are, but the look of them is bothering me. the doc told me she hadnt seen anything like it before? so shes referred me to the hospital were im going to have an ultrasound, as she thinks is muscular. im really hoping something can be done about them and they are so ugly. but if it costs a lot, it might not be all that worth it. hope this helps anyone! :)
  • I know I'm off topic with the bruising of the buttock , but I had an worse incident were I smashed my face into a poll going about 10 mph. Thankfully I didn't fracture a bone in my face but had terrible swelling on the left side of my face. It's been 6 years now and I have a lump on my cheek. Sometimes I feel a pain that feels like a small sharp poke when I apply pressure to the cheek, overall I believe the skin an some of the tissue in that area an numb, because a caress is hardly felt. It is not a lump that protrudes but it can definitely have people wondering if i have small swelling on the left side of my face. When I smile this lump raises and makes my eye noticably smaller than the other. I think it would have been gone years ago, but It couldn't be fat because I am very lean at 5'3" and 105 lbs. I absolutely don't enjoy having an asymetrical face so I am considering surgery. But I don't want the whole lump removed to where it creates a dent. There must be a way to remove some of the layers to where my cheek is the same size as the other. I will let you know what I find.
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I had exactly the same thing from a fall down the stairs about 7 years ago. My lump is on the top of my left buttock and looks stupid. I don't think it has anything to do with weight and mine feels hard and hurts a bit if I press it. I had heard that massage can remove it and someone else mentioned those little electrical units you can get to stimulate muscle may work. I've tried neither as until I found this forum i though I was the only person to get this and as it only seems to be cosmetic haven't bothered with the doctors.I'd be grateful for any advice. Thanks
  • Ïðèâåò ïàðíè. Î÷åíü õî÷åòñÿ ïîäèñêóòèðîâàòü íà òåìó ñîôòà. Êòî êàêèå çíàåò ñàéòû ñ áåñïëàòíûì ñîôòîì: ïðîãðàììàìè, âàðåçíèêîì?
    kneexulfike 62 Replies
    • August 21, 2011
    • 09:48 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Ïðèâåò ïàðíè. Î÷åíü õî÷åòñÿ ïîäèñêóòèðîâàòü íà òåìó ñîôòà. Êòî êàêèå çíàåò ñàéòû ñ áåñïëàòíûì ñîôòîì: ïðîãðàììàìè, âàðåçíèêîì?
    kneexulfike 62 Replies
    • August 21, 2011
    • 09:57 AM
    Flag this Response
    kneexulfike 62 Replies
    • August 21, 2011
    • 10:09 AM
    Flag this Response
  • For anyone who's fallen and hit some stairs pretty hard resulting in a bump that never went away. I fell down my stairs last year hitting the edge so hard that it resulted in a huge hematoma that took a month to heal but a bump and dent that never went away. I saw a dr who explained that I literally fractured the fat on my rear end, leaving scar tissue that would never heal. I had surgery to have the damaged tissue removed and insurance covered it since the injury is a result from trauma.
    Anonymous 1 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement