Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Why do I vomit after I eat every meal?

Posted In: Medical Stories 34 Replies
  • Posted By: fred1981
  • August 13, 2009
  • 03:16 AM

Ok so for about 8 years now and counting almost everytime I eat I get sick. It does not matter what I eat I get sick. I've been putting it off for years now and just been toughing it out but now its bothering me so much I can't take it anymore. I have tried acid reflux pills and pills for being lactose intollerant and it did not help. I recently tried not eating anything with milk or anything like that for about a week now and it has no helped. I chewed tobacco for 15 years and I quit thinking that was the problem and because its not healthy anyways and yet again that failed. I have not been able to goto a doctor because I cannot afford a medical bill because I do not have insurance but now I am at the point where I can no longer take this. I am sick of going out to eat and maybe eating half of something and within 15 minutes to 4 hours later I get sick. I do not know what can cause this. So I ask for help thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion

34 Replies:

• I didn't get to finish everything cause I had to leave so I could say everything that is wrong. I just dont understand it how I read on other peoples problems and see that they get fatigued and a bunch of other symptoms for me I get sick and I feel great. I'm usually not even hungry anytime after that which I dont understand. But it is with-in 15 minutes up to 4 hours later after I eat that I do get sick.
    fred1981 1 Replies
    • August 13, 2009
    • 06:57 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I didn't get to finish everything cause I had to leave so I could say everything that is wrong. I just dont understand it how I read on other peoples problems and see that they get fatigued and a bunch of other symptoms for me I get sick and I feel great. I'm usually not even hungry anytime after that which I dont understand. But it is with-in 15 minutes up to 4 hours later after I eat that I do get sick. Hi Fred, Is there anything left after 4 hours to come up? If so that indicates a specfic problem that the doc can probably help you with.
    Freddd 3,576 Replies
    • August 17, 2009
    • 06:06 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi Fred, Is there anything left after 4 hours to come up? If so that indicates a specfic problem that the doc can probably help you with.My best friend was doing this --turned out she had a cancerous tumor at the top of her small intestines that was blocking her food. It turned out of be a rare, oftentimes fatal form, but she is fine now.You absolutely need to do to the doctor -- you likely have some sort of blockage in your intestines that is blocking the flow of your food. Worry about the bills later -- many hospitals offer indigent care. Just go!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 31, 2009
    • 08:20 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi fred1981,This could be the serious problem my friend. Immediately consult good doctor , don't worry of insurance and fees. Life is most important criteria than money. This is problem of partially digestion , bile ducts are not secreted properly from lever. Other cause might be that you are taking tobacco ,it may be results into cancer.Vomiting sensation and sickness after eating is the sign of stones or cancer. Consult a doctor immediately otherwise its too late for survive. Without food ,no one can survive in this world. Take care of yourself. Thanks
    smedleyamy 6 Replies
    • September 2, 2009
    • 07:43 AM
    Flag this Response
  • This might be rumination syndrome.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 10, 2009
    • 03:36 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi everybody..My dad has this prob for like more than 26 years now.. at start it was just 1 vomit for like 2,3 days then it started to become frequent and as time past it became once every day and ultimately after every meal..Hes done every available tests for this including CT scan, MRI, endoscopy, u name it but the docs r completely uncertain whats the prob.. there's no tumor, no ulcer, no nothing. some say its i neurological prob some say its due to depression some say its something else but its a mystery..anti depression meds decrease the amount of vomit but still my dad gets sick after every meal. but theres one more thing the vomit is well not completely uncontrollable, its uppto him if he wants to vomit or not but theres a complication, if he doesnt vomit on time then thats a bigger prob cuz ultimately he has to cuz hes unable to digest so if he doesnt vomit that day then he'll get very sick and then it will be uncontrollable and he gets in so much pain, its a complete mess then..so after using all types of meds whether it be alopathic, homeopathic or home remedies the vomiting doesnt go away..im really sorry for whoever has got this prob, i can understand what those ppl must b going through cuz iv seen my dad suffer and although my dad hasnt found any cure for this but if anyone find a cure for this disease then i would really be thankful to him..My email id is farhad_143@hotmail.com
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 21, 2010
    • 06:50 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I understand your difficulty with no medical insurance but one thing you might consider looking into is gastroparesis which is paralysis of the stomach. You can get a lot of information about this online. My daughter suffers from this and she has the same symptoms - she eats small amounts of food and gets very full and the food stays in her stomach for very long periods of time as her stomach is paralyzed. It comes back up shortly after she eats and will continue to come back up for a long time afterwards especially if she swallows it back down. She needs to avoid eating anything that is high in fat or fibre, eat small amounts and, when she is really bad, stick with liquids as much as possible. It is a horrible condition for which there are limited treatments. You will need to see a gastroenterologist - the diagnosis would be confirmed with a stomach emptying test though, if he knows the condition well, the symptoms might be sufficient without going to that expense. There are some drugs which can help but, in the meantime, you could try modifying your diet. I am sorry you are having to deal with this - it is a horrible condition that often goes undiagnosed for many years. Good luck. I hope this might help.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 2, 2010
    • 11:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i'm not sure why but the same thing has been happening to me.after anything i eat, i have to throw up. this has just started recently.i ate a strawberry the other day...and like 20 minutes later, i had to puke the whole strawberry out.its not intentional...i'm not bulimic... a lot of other girls are, but believe me, i'm not trying to get skinny or anything.btw, im only 13...is this a big problem?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 24, 2010
    • 04:53 PM
    Flag this Response
  • My dad has this prob for like more than 26 years now.. at start it was just 1 vomit for like 2,3 days then it started to become frequent and as time past it became once every day and ultimately after every meal..Hes done every available tests for this including CT scan, MRI, endoscopy, u name it but the docs r completely uncertain whats the prob.. there's no tumor, no ulcer, no nothing. some say its i neurological prob some say its due to depression some say its something else but its a mystery..anti depression meds decrease the amount of vomit but still my dad gets sick after every meal. but theres one more thing the vomit is well not completely uncontrollable, its uppto him if he wants to vomit or not but theres a complication, if he doesnt vomit on time then thats a bigger prob cuz ultimately he has to cuz hes unable to digest so if he doesnt vomit that day then he'll get very sick and then it will be uncontrollable and he gets in so much pain, its a complete mess then..so after using all types of meds whether it be alopathic, homeopathic or home remedies the vomiting doesnt go away..im really sorry for whoever has got this prob, i can understand what those ppl must b going through cuz iv seen my dad suffer and although my dad hasnt found any cure for this but if anyone find a cure for this disease then i would really be thankful to him..
    huale768 1 Replies
    • August 26, 2010
    • 07:50 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have this same issue. So does my mom and my grandma I have no idea what it is. But I can fight it off if I dont move for half an hour.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 9, 2010
    • 04:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hi there, I was fit and healthy, roughly 14 stone quite good muscle structure and healthy diet & exercise. 5 years ago i caught gastroenteritis (the worst vomiting bug ever) and had the worst time of my life. I ended up in accident and emergency and then kept in hospital and put on a ward hooked up to a drip to rehydrate and feed me ect. About 3 months after this horrid experience i got diagnosed with i.b.s (irritable bowel syndrome) with stomach pains, bloating ect. So i started to watch my diet and things was ok other than me being constipated now and then. That was that, other than the odd days of aches & pains and feeling groggy now and then, things wasn’t too bad and i just got used to that’s how life was going to be. About 16 months ago i started to really feel ill, no energy, sleeping all the time, i could eat a meal and within 5mins i would almost fall asleep, get stomach pains ect. Then straight away the weight started dropping off me at a rate of 2kg's every 3-4 weeks which is scary. I had blood tests, stool & urine tests, barium meal scans, endoscopies, colonoscopies, abdominal ultra sound scans ect and all showing fine. About 4 months later (a year ago roughly now) i ate a average size cooked dinner with veg and meat and within 30 minutes, i got the most horrific pain in the centre of my stomach and this pain kept looping for 30-60 seconds every 3-4 minutes so almost constant for 7 hours. I went to my accident & emergency out of hour’s dr’s at 2 am in the morning and was told "it’s just acid, go take paracetamol. When i got home i just got an urge to try and be sick as if the food was stuck...after 45 minutes of vomiting, i managed to get a lot of my dinner back up. This food looked just as if it had been eaten and not been digested, and the pain started to ease. I then was scared for many days to eat anything incase i got this horrid pain. So, days passed and i ate some soup, to my amazement within 30-40 minutes, i belched and a mouth full of soup come up, tasted the same as when it went down. So i did the same, belched a few times till it all had came out and i felt fine. After going back and forwards to my doctors i finally got in with a good consultant who did another endoscopy and she took 8 biopsies in total. Mean time, every time i ate, it was still getting stuck, and i would have to bring it back up. 2 weeks later i had a phone call from hospital, could i go down and see my consultant, obviously i was worried. I had had blood tests ect in past for coeliac twice ok due to me always having thought my symptoms was very similar. I get to hospital, sat down and she tells me " I'm afraid you have a disease called coeliac disease". I replied, I've already had 2 blood tests for this previously though. She explained that blood tests DO NOT pick up on coeliac disease, only when a biopsy is taken from the small intestines/stomach wall, diagnosis can be found out which people are not told so that's one thing i wish doctors would tell people because i thought i was in the clear for it twice...until the biopsy did the trick. So, i thought, ok this is why I'm being sick after each meal and i was kind of happier and i could see a way out. So, i joined coeliac u.k and started my strict diet of gluten, wheat, barley free food and ate only coeliac food free of such ingredients. This has been going on now for the last 4 months now up to this very day and i am still loosing weight (when coeliac people put weight on in their first 3 months) so I'm very worried, but even more worrying is the meals getting stuck and the vomiting have got even worse. I'm prescribed a supplement drink called "ensure" which is just like a milkshake 250mils and that's even coming back up. When i don't eat for a few days only the odd biscuit and cup of tea here n there i get very bitter and sharp orange bile come up. We need to try different solutions and try helping each other. I have comfort from knowing there are people out there with the same problems as myself, hope one day soon there’s a answer for it all. Anyone who can shine a light on this awful condition would be warmly welcomed. Every bit of information is better than none. All the best to you all.. Shaun (35yrs old from Derbyshire in England)
    gilly1975 3 Replies
    • January 27, 2011
    • 08:22 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• i don't have an answer/diagnosis, but have you tried applying for medical assistance like medicaid or medicare? are there any local community health clinics in your area that do a sliding scale fee or they can maybe point you in the right direction to get help?? find out! it could be very effective and beneficial!! good luck to you!
    hollypots 3 Replies
    • January 28, 2011
    • 01:02 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Anyone try over the counter probiotics. Seams to be helping my girl keep food down when. She's had this problem for months.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 22, 2011
    • 04:19 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i don't have an answer/diagnosis, but have you tried applying for medical assistance like medicaid or medicare? are there any local community health clinics in your area that do a sliding scale fee or they can maybe point you in the right direction to get help?? find out! it could be very effective and beneficial!! good luck to you! Thankyou all for replying. Ive tried all local clinics snd meetings ect. Recently had results from another endoscopy what had done 4 weeks ago. It turns out i have "h-pylori" and was missed by my old consultant. The consultant which found it said it looks like its been around for a very long time. Im on 2 types of antibiotics, liquid form and double dose. I know this isnt the main problem but if it helps me keep a bit more food down, its a bonus
    gilly1975 3 Replies
    • September 6, 2011
    • 07:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Check for Celiac Sprue. I use to vomit almost every night after supper. I quit the gluten and it also stopped the vomiting. Please make sure to get the genetic testing. The other types of testing produce false negatives. I am living proof.
    cozynana 39 Replies
    • September 25, 2011
    • 02:54 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Check for Celiac Sprue. I use to vomit almost every night after supper. I quit the gluten and it also stopped the vomiting. Please make sure to get the genetic testing. The other types of testing produce false negatives. I am living proof.Sorry ive only just seen your reply. You are 100% correct. I was diagnosed celiac by biopsy with endoscopy..i stuck to very strict celiac diet for months and months, but nothing changed. I then after just about a year later ive changed my hospital. Guess what the first thing the new consultant did... A Genetic blood test!!! He came back and said, youve been wrongly diagnosed. If they do endoscopy and find celiac possibility, they should do genetic blood test asap as thats the main test. This is a lesson to anyone who does not respond to a gluten free diet..i.e sickness carrys on, weight loss as gluten free food, does hold more calories and most celiacs put weight on. After being in hospital for 2 weeks of test after test, ive been diagnosed with "gastropoaresis" which nobody would want. I did not want to hear them words for various reasons..i.e no cure!! im still vomitting on fluids & liquid meals and cant even hold my meds down. Currently trying strict liquid diet but its not helping. Im on anti biotics to help my stomach empty a little and various tablets to try. There is a pace maker but £15,000 and i have to try all different meds before i can even apply. Just about to go in for gastric nasal feeding. Its not good is it. Cozynana i thankyou for accurate info. Keep intouch. If anyone wants to know what tests and meds ect ive had, cos belive ive had all tests and lots of meds ect, please post here and i will get a email telling me and i will get back to you.good look to all who suffer this horrid lifestyle.
    gilly1975 3 Replies
    • October 8, 2011
    • 07:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've been sick like three weeks now & every time I eat almost anything I have to vomit like within 10 minutes of doing so! What's wrong with me?
    Syncere 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • I've been sick like three weeks now & every time I eat almost anything I have to vomit like within 10 minutes of doing so! What's wrong with me?No response to this yet? Have you seen a doctor? By end of week one you should seek medical attention. Please go to your nearest clinic, internist, or hospital.
    sandyg 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • I saw a diagnosis mystery show with these symptoms and it turned out to be a sphincter of Oddi issue. Most people had never heard of it. Also gluten intolerance can do this. Different symptoms for a lot of people.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Ok so for about 8 years now and counting almost everytime I eat I get sick. It does not matter what I eat I get sick. I've been putting it off for years now and just been toughing it out but now its bothering me so much I can't take it anymore. I have tried acid reflux pills and pills for being lactose intollerant and it did not help. I recently tried not eating anything with milk or anything like that for about a week now and it has no helped. I chewed tobacco for 15 years and I quit thinking that was the problem and because its not healthy anyways and yet again that failed. I have not been able to goto a doctor because I cannot afford a medical bill because I do not have insurance but now I am at the point where I can no longer take this. I am sick of going out to eat and maybe eating half of something and within 15 minutes to 4 hours later I get sick. I do not know what can cause this. So I ask for help thanks.I have same problem. This is dygestive problem is stomack. The access of citrik acid casues this issue. Aviod to Oily products and cold water.
    Edward Ronald 5 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement