Discussions By Condition: Leg conditions

Feels like needles in my leg

Posted In: Leg conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 6, 2009
  • 08:10 PM

Background: I am 26 y.o. and doing IVF to recieve egg donor eggs, it requires a daily intramuscular injections in the lower back/butt that I have been doing since May. My husband gives them to me and has hit a nerve a couple of times. I have been numb on both sides from my rib to just above my knee since June. I have told my doctor's assistant and she just gives me ways to make the shot less painful i.e. use a heating pad after, etc. Also I have Raynauds, I am infertile because I have an auto immune disease they believe is related to my thyroid (still trying to figure out), I have poor circulation (my toes turn purple).

Problem: Two days ago I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like hundreds of needles were going into my right outer thigh or "saddle bag" and my entire leg felt like it had a charlie horse. Since then the charlie horse has gone away but the needles in my thigh have gotten worse. Last night I was unable to sleep because every time I moved my right leg I would feel the extreme pain. Before the pain would be if I rolled onto that side now it's any movement of my right leg. On a scale of 1-10 my pain is a 10. Luckily it only lasts for a second, but I can't sleep at all.

I found a couple of things about the sciatica nerve but it says it goes down the back of the leg, where my pain is on the side.

Anybody ever heard of this? Could you let me know what kind of doctor to see?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement