Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

weird hair pulling sensation

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 27, 2009
  • 04:33 AM

for the past couple of months it felt as though someone has been pulling my hair. just in the back of my skull for only small periods of time like 10 - 15 mins every couple hrs or so... however now... i feel it all day long and all night. it prevents me from a good nights sleep. i have tried motrin, tylenol, aleve and now am trying my first bottle of excedrin. the only problem is I do not have a headache it is the sensation of either a raw skin or hair pulling. Ice helps for just an instant but nothing has relieved the pain. and it has traveled to the tope of my skull now! i don't know what im gonna do if it reaches all over my scalp. Has anyone had this before?? they say it could be stress. but im only working my normal job and it seems to be more apparantly painful when i am not at work. pls. anything u can give me to go to my doc with would help.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• My mom is suffering from the same problem. Please tell me if you figured out some solution to this.
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • January 27, 2014
    • 03:45 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement