Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

Temporary paralysis, buzzing in ear, electric shock sensation

Posted In: Nerve conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: savedsol
  • July 23, 2009
  • 08:30 PM

Saturday morning at about 3 a.m I woke up and could not move at all. At the same time I had a this electric shock sensation going throughout my entire body. I also had the really loud buzzing in my ear. This continued for about 30 seconds then I was able to move my head and it stopped. I have been paniced every since. I was out of town when this happened.
I saw the doctor Monday, she ordered blood work (came back normal) and MRI (went to that this morning) and gave me some anxiety medicine. I have been having numbness in my head (probably due to anxiety as it comes and goes) and my ear hurts and feels full.
I have searched the net and the only thing I found that was close was sleep paralysis, but that doesn't explain the other symptoms
I am a happy, healthly 29 year old married mother of two little ones and have never had any problems before. Unless you count the spinal headache I got from a bad epidural.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement