Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Diarrhea/swollen glands/more

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: barnacles
  • July 19, 2009
  • 06:14 AM

I'm a 21 year old male.

Okay, so I haven't felt well in over a year. I am always sick in some way. My symptoms have included chronic diarrhea (or if not diarrhea, then loose, yellowish stool), severe pains in my abdomen for a couple weeks one time, mild recurring pains in my sides, terrible muscle aches and joint pain, and now swollen glands. My muscle aches have subsided mostly, but they still reoccur sometimes in my upper arms. My hands and feet also get red/white splotches that are not painful at times.

I've been in a monogamous relationship for 1 and 1/2 years with someone who has tested negatively for HIV. I also got a full STD screening a couple months ago and my doctor said me the results came back "fine"... So what's wrong with me? Could there have been a clerical error and them not have tested for HIV? HIV test did not show up on my bill, but "serology" did, and all the other tests? And I signed a sheet for an HIV test when they took my blood. Also, about 2 years ago I had protected sex with someone who may have been promiscuous... But unprotected oral sex. I don't know if I should get another HIV test because I am on my parents insurance and I do not want them thinking I am promiscuous (I'm not!) and there is no free clinic around here. I asked the other person I had sex with and he claims he gets regularly tested and that he is clean.

Is it possible I have lupus? I got strep throat a month ago, took antibiotics, and my glands are STILL swollen though my throat doesn't hurt. I went to my doctor again and she gave me steroids for a week, and it still was not solved. Now she is trying me on allergy medicine. The splotchy hands point to lupus, right?

I'm sick of feeling sick all the time... I'm always tired and something always seems wrong with me. I'm only 21 years old and I feel like I'm 70 with all the problems I get. Does anyone have any advice? Everyone keeps telling me I'm a hypochondriac but I know just a few years ago I felt healthy as a horse and now I always feel ill.

Please help, thank you so much.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement