Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Itchy feet, legs, hands, arms...

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: sunfire319
  • July 17, 2009
  • 06:00 AM

I have been experiencing itchy feet, legs, hands, arms, and sometimes other body parts for over a year now. Not sure what is going on, but if I take Zyrtec or Clariten or some kind of allergy pill, it helps. I have scratched in some places until I bleed, and now have scars. My doctor will not do tests for fungus or bacteria. I did get a small rash on the back of one of my legs right when this started, and we thought it was a case of Chiggers, and we were staying with my grandmother-in law for a few days. I had never had them before and assumed she knew what she was talking about. We covered it with clear nail polish, and they went away. I should also mention that right before this, I developed IBS, possibly Irritated Bowel Syndrome, and maybe even Celiac Disease. I have no insurance now and cannot continue with the blood testing with the doctor, we left it there for now. I do know that I can no longer take Benedryl, it makes me shake and feel delerious among other things, my husband thought I was having a sezuire once! I really need to know if anyone else has experienced this insane itchy issue, since I cannot sleep sometimes because of it. I know it isn't a food allergy. It cant be laundry detergent, soap, or anything that I am using, we have ruled that all out. I feel like Im going insane because of all this! Someone help please?

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• I am having the exact same symptoms, plus mild night sweats. I took a course of azithromycin (antibiotic) that seemed to help, but symptoms reappeared after a few days. In case of antibiotic reresistanxe, I'm now on both amoxicillin and cipro at the same time. It's two days in and no symptom relief yet, and I'm getting worried I'm just stuck with this...
    Anonymous 1 Replies
    • October 21, 2014
    • 00:52 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Do you shower regularly?
    Anonymous 0 Replies
    • October 22, 2014
    • 04:44 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement