Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Itchy feet, legs, hands, arms...

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: sunfire319
  • July 17, 2009
  • 06:00 AM

I have been experiencing itchy feet, legs, hands, arms, and sometimes other body parts for over a year now. Not sure what is going on, but if I take Zyrtec or Clariten or some kind of allergy pill, it helps. I have scratched in some places until I bleed, and now have scars. My doctor will not do tests for fungus or bacteria. I did get a small rash on the back of one of my legs right when this started, and we thought it was a case of Chiggers, and we were staying with my grandmother-in law for a few days. I had never had them before and assumed she knew what she was talking about. We covered it with clear nail polish, and they went away. I should also mention that right before this, I developed IBS, possibly Irritated Bowel Syndrome, and maybe even Celiac Disease. I have no insurance now and cannot continue with the blood testing with the doctor, we left it there for now. I do know that I can no longer take Benedryl, it makes me shake and feel delerious among other things, my husband thought I was having a sezuire once! I really need to know if anyone else has experienced this insane itchy issue, since I cannot sleep sometimes because of it. I know it isn't a food allergy. It cant be laundry detergent, soap, or anything that I am using, we have ruled that all out. I feel like Im going insane because of all this! Someone help please?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement