Discussions By Condition: Urinary conditions

sore vagina, flank pain, constant urination

Posted In: Urinary conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 12, 2009
  • 06:55 PM

My problems appear to have started around two months ago. I was washing the genital area in the shower (using the shower head), when i felt an odd pain/sensation inside the vagina. It felt like when the water shot up there, that it touched something inside that shouldn't have been there. Three days after that, i began to feel a soreness in the exact same area. Sometimes it would burn and be very uncomfortable, then it would be a mild soreness that didn't bother me at all (but it always felt like there was something inside). Oddly, it would sometimes feel cold down there, after eating very cold food or drinks. The soreness would come and go, as soon as i thought it had gone, it would be back again. I had other symptoms also: very frequent urination (but no burning) and a dull ache in my left side and kidney. A couple pf weeks later i went to the doctor with these symptoms, she felt the inside of my vagina but said she couldn't feel anything (maybe she felt the wrong place). She diagnosed a urine infection. To cut a long story short, i have given in endless urine samples, had to wait for the results, and then was prescribed antibiotics. I've had three courses altogether, and the very latest results came back as saying the infection had finally gone. I thought the soreness inside was maybe part of the urine infection, but after the results are clear, i can still feel it inside. I also still have a need to urinate much more than is normal, my bladder feels irritated (which makes me need to urinate), and i have a dull ache in my left side and kidney. I believe that i have an undiagnosed condition, and think that whatever is inside me, is pressing on the bladder making me need to urinate often, and could have led to a possible kidney infection.
I have been on a waiting list to see a gynecologist for about a month now, and in the meantime, i am worrying myself sick. I fear i must have cancer of one form or another. Can anyone relate to the symptoms i mentioned, especially the sore feeling in the vagina? Do you know what it could possibly be?
I haven't been sexually active for three years.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Be patient. You can have pain or irritation sometimes for weeks after an infection. The acidity of the urine in contact with the irritated tissue is a little like putting salt in an open wound. You can take cranberry capsules or drink cranberry juice to reduce the acidity of the urine or try a product called Azo, which is over the counter. It will get better. Keep drinking water as well. You can trust that if there was something in your vaginal area your doctor would have felt it. Also, if something was interfering with your bladder emptying (tumor), you would have constipation and gas as well. Hope this helps.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I would look into Interstitial Cystitis a vaguely known but treatable condition as well as pelvic floor disorder. i would see a Urogynocologist if you have one in your area.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 14, 2009
    • 03:56 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement