Discussions By Condition: Mouth conditions

Strange Lip Blister

Posted In: Mouth conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 23, 2006
  • 09:31 AM

Around mid-day yesterday my lips felt dry and chapped, and part of hte lower lip felt as if it might crack. This usually happens when I don't drink enough water so I grabbed a bottle and didn't think much of it. When I got home several hours later I noticed a small white pimple or blister in the center of the red area and that part of my lip was swollen and a little red. It doesn't look like a fever blister and isn't on the edge of my lips but is actually towards the center of my lower lip. I have never had such symptoms and haven't ever really had cold sores either. It is slightly tender and I'm a bit concerned it may be an indication of an STD. This is the only symptom I have. My only sexual activity since September happened a little less than a week ago when my sort of ex boyfriend visited. I trust him and think he would have told me if he had engaged in unprotected sex since our break up but I'm now beginning to wonder as things are very up in the air right now.

I'm a bit frightened and since I live in a foreign country and its during the holidays I'm not sure I could get in to see a doctor right away...

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement