Discussions By Condition: Mouth conditions

Strange Lip Blister

Posted In: Mouth conditions 28 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 23, 2006
  • 09:31 AM

Around mid-day yesterday my lips felt dry and chapped, and part of hte lower lip felt as if it might crack. This usually happens when I don't drink enough water so I grabbed a bottle and didn't think much of it. When I got home several hours later I noticed a small white pimple or blister in the center of the red area and that part of my lip was swollen and a little red. It doesn't look like a fever blister and isn't on the edge of my lips but is actually towards the center of my lower lip. I have never had such symptoms and haven't ever really had cold sores either. It is slightly tender and I'm a bit concerned it may be an indication of an STD. This is the only symptom I have. My only sexual activity since September happened a little less than a week ago when my sort of ex boyfriend visited. I trust him and think he would have told me if he had engaged in unprotected sex since our break up but I'm now beginning to wonder as things are very up in the air right now.

I'm a bit frightened and since I live in a foreign country and its during the holidays I'm not sure I could get in to see a doctor right away...

Reply Flag this Discussion

28 Replies:

• i have the same thing, its been almost a month now and its just aweful, mine just gets smaller by the week, does it bleed when its dry? do you find scabs after a long sleep? ive used so much stuff already and i think novitra works best, abreva's the same , just the price, so stick to novitra, i havent gone to the doctor yet for fear of finding out that it m ight be herpes or some sort opf an embarrasing std, but reading about it more, i just might consider going today..... although i was hoping it is somne just ringworm or something......oh god. help anyone.....
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • so i started taking lysine, 1000mg a day, its been 2 days, and i think its working.... its all in the mind. so yeah, just a positive mind and sure it'llall work out......
  • hi its me again, its almost gone, now its just a dot, at least its not as humiliating as a week ago, and tommorow im gonna have my check up with a doctor, im hoping its not herpes.... so guys i think lysine 1000mg a day taken with meals (tablet's a little big, whew!) works and of course a positive mind, visualize that sore goin away.. away... away... gone. peace.
  • HiI think i caught a std through kissing or oral, a week later i have a few symtomps like itching in fingers and my lips have blisters and are extrenely dry and very chapped. I trusted him even though id only known him for 5 mins, he said he got tested after each relationship. I know its a std because i didnt have these symptomps before. I cant believe i was so stupid :(.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 7, 2008
    • 09:19 AM
    Flag this Response
  • hi its me again, its almost gone, now its just a dot, at least its not as humiliating as a week ago, and tommorow im gonna have my check up with a doctor, im hoping its not herpes.... so guys i think lysine 1000mg a day taken with meals (tablet's a little big, whew!) works and of course a positive mind, visualize that sore goin away.. away... away... gone. peace.Did you find out what it was? I have the same thing, but it always recurrs in the same place. Please help.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 2, 2009
    • 03:47 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Ok i used to date this chick that seemed to love biting on my bottom lip when i kissed her, I realy didnt mind, untill I started getting one or two sores on my bottom lip. as she was pretty vigorous with the kissing and biting.I dont get them on the edge of the lip,like a cold sore nor do i get them any where else. they are usualy on the crest of my bottom lip i guess is the best way to describe it. it usualy starts out with my lip getting a lil bit sore(usualy after a lot of kissing).and then a little water or fever blister. if i pop it, i get a lil flap of yellowish skin,and then if i let it dry out a bit it cracks and bleeds. I get tested for std's on very regular basis and the doctors would have informed if i had anything to worry about.Although i havent had the doctor look at the sore or sores yet.I do have allergies, although thats not usualy one of my symptoms. Just kinda wondering if anyone else has the same sort of thing.
  • Ok i used to date this chick that seemed to love biting on my bottom lip when i kissed her, I realy didnt mind, untill I started getting one or two sores on my bottom lip. as she was pretty vigorous with the kissing and biting.I dont get them on the edge of the lip,like a cold sore nor do i get them any where else. they are usualy on the crest of my bottom lip i guess is the best way to describe it. it usualy starts out with my lip getting a lil bit sore(usualy after a lot of kissing).and then a little water or fever blister. if i pop it, i get a lil flap of yellowish skin,and then if i let it dry out a bit it cracks and bleeds. I get tested for std's on very regular basis and the doctors would have informed if i had anything to worry about.Although i havent had the doctor look at the sore or sores yet.I do have allergies, although thats not usualy one of my symptoms. Just kinda wondering if anyone else has the same sort of thing.I have the exact same thing. I just got it tested at my doctors. Not Herpes... weird. So what could it be?
  • Ok i used to date this chick that seemed to love biting on my bottom lip when i kissed her, I realy didnt mind, untill I started getting one or two sores on my bottom lip. as she was pretty vigorous with the kissing and biting.I dont get them on the edge of the lip,like a cold sore nor do i get them any where else. they are usualy on the crest of my bottom lip i guess is the best way to describe it. it usualy starts out with my lip getting a lil bit sore(usualy after a lot of kissing).and then a little water or fever blister. if i pop it, i get a lil flap of yellowish skin,and then if i let it dry out a bit it cracks and bleeds. I get tested for std's on very regular basis and the doctors would have informed if i had anything to worry about.Although i havent had the doctor look at the sore or sores yet.I do have allergies, although thats not usualy one of my symptoms. Just kinda wondering if anyone else has the same sort of thing.I've got the same thing for the first time right now...although i can't even pop mine. I have allergies really bad at the moment...possibly even a sinus infection. Before I got it I hadn't even kissed anyone in at least a month. I want to know if this sucker is contagious now...and when it will FINALLY go away!
  • I bit my lips all the time. I try not to chew my lower lip in the center or this will happen. Its not herps
  • I have been dealing with a very strange blister on my lips for two weeks. I have never had a cold cold my whole life and now I am 46 years old and getting a cold sore/fever blister??? I have recently moved to a new area and have been researching for information this past week on what it is and how to get rid of it. I take herbs so I was already doing the herbs recommended and still it would not go away. I had a terrible night, before I went to sleep it appeared to be almost gone, it was just hidding and kept me up all night. The blister had taken on a new look ALL over my lips and swallen and running like a runny nose is the best for me to describe it. I was up reading on the internet again and ran into an alergic reaction, I thought that has got to be it, but to remember what I did different to correct the problem, well that was two weeks ago I don't have a clue....so I thought what would I do if this was a sore on my arm, finger or leg??? I was putting hot compresses on it, just hot water, using a wash cloth(for about 1/2 hour). And then I poured Hydrogen Peroxide in the cup of my hand and put my lips into it, it felt weird; I could feel it attacking the infection. I did this a couple times and then wash with softsoap antibacterial hand soap. Then I let my lips air dry and put carmex on them, not a cold sore product that stuff burns my lips, it is just reg carmex with sunscreen in it. Within two hours I felt human again. Then I did the process all over again two hours later, this time I did not do hot compress I went right to Hydrogen Peroxide and it felt wierd again but nowhere like the first time.I also took something called ALJ (relief from seasonal airborne substances), Lysine, herbal trace minerals and a bowel detox all herbs I get from Natures Sunshine. All that over the counter stuff is low quality. You always get what you pay for and sometime you pay a lot for a product that doesn’t work. You can Order high quality stuff yourself. Even if you don't want to take the herbs or can't afford it try the Hydrogen Peroxide. I got my lips back within a few hours. I hope this helps everyone
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 5, 2010
    • 05:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have been dealing with a very strange blister on my lips for two weeks. I have never had a cold cold my whole life and now I am 46 years old and getting a cold sore/fever blister??? I have recently moved to a new area and have been researching for information this past week on what it is and how to get rid of it. I take herbs so I was already doing the herbs recommended and still it would not go away. I had a terrible night, before I went to sleep it appeared to be almost gone, it was just hidding and kept me up all night. The blister had taken on a new look ALL over my lips and swallen and running like a runny nose is the best for me to describe it. I was up reading on the internet again and ran into an alergic reaction, I thought that has got to be it, but to remember what I did different to correct the problem, well that was two weeks ago I don't have a clue....so I thought what would I do if this was a sore on my arm, finger or leg??? I was putting hot compresses on it, just hot water, using a wash cloth(for about 1/2 hour). And then I poured Hydrogen Peroxide in the cup of my hand and put my lips into it, it felt weird; I could feel it attacking the infection. I did this a couple times and then wash with softsoap antibacterial hand soap. Then I let my lips air dry and put carmex on them, not a cold sore product that stuff burns my lips, it is just reg carmex with sunscreen in it. Within two hours I felt human again. Then I did the process all over again two hours later, this time I did not do hot compress I went right to Hydrogen Peroxide and it felt wierd again but nowhere like the first time.I also took something called ALJ (relief from seasonal airborne substances), Lysine, herbal trace minerals and a bowel detox all herbs I get from Natures Sunshine 2064244-0. All that over the counter stuff is low quality. You always get what you pay for and sometime you pay a lot for a product that doesn’t work. You can Order high quality stuff yourself. Even if you don't want to take the herbs or can't afford it try the Hydrogen Peroxide. I got my lips back within a few hours. I hope this helps everyoneJust an update: I did the Hydrogen Peroxide several times during the day and it was amazing how the took the ichy feeling away and I could eat without pain. When I woke up the next morning the brownish color stuff was on my lips but nowhere as bad as it was. I used hot water compresses on it as soon as I got up and did the Hydrogen Peroxide again. It will leave your lips looking white but before you know it, it fades. You can use any kind of lip covering...pure petroleum jelly, lip balmer with zinc or carmex like I said I don't think it matters, it is not on long enough to worry about. Because you have to be dapping your lips as the infection or whatever it is that is coming out. It reminds me of poision ivy
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 6, 2010
    • 02:28 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I have been dealing with a very strange blister on my lips for two weeks. I have never had a cold sore my whole life and now I am 46 years old and getting a cold sore/fever blister??? I have recently moved to a new area and have been researching for information this past week on what it is and how to get rid of it. I take herbs so I was already doing the herbs recommended and still it would not go away. I had a terrible night, before I went to sleep it appeared to be almost gone, it was just hidding and kept me up all night. The blister had taken on a new look ALL over my lips and swallen and running like a runny nose is the best for me to describe it. I was up reading on the internet again and ran into an alergic reaction, I thought that has got to be it, but to remember what I did different to correct the problem, well that was two weeks ago I don't have a clue....so I thought what would I do if this was a sore on my arm, finger or leg??? I was putting hot compresses on it, just hot water, using a wash cloth(for about 1/2 hour). And then I poured Hydrogen Peroxide in the cup of my hand and put my lips into it, it felt weird; I could feel it attacking the infection. I did this a couple times and then wash with softsoap antibacterial hand soap. Then I let my lips air dry and put carmex on them, not a cold sore product that stuff burns my lips, it is just reg carmex with sunscreen in it. Within two hours I felt human again. Then I did the process all over again two hours later, this time I did not do hot compress I went right to Hydrogen Peroxide and it felt wierd again but nowhere like the first time.I also took something called ALJ (relief from seasonal airborne substances), Lysine, herbal trace minerals and a bowel detox all herbs I get from Natures Sunshine 2064244-0. All that over the counter stuff is low quality. You always get what you pay for and sometime you pay a lot for a product that doesn’t work. You can Order high quality stuff yourself. Even if you don't want to take the herbs or can't afford it try the Hydrogen Peroxide. I got my lips back within a few hours. I hope this helps everyoneJust an update: I did the Hydrogen Peroxide several times during the day and it was amazing how the took the ichy feeling away and I could eat without pain. When I woke up the next morning the brownish color stuff was on my lips but nowhere as bad as it was. I used hot water compresses on it as soon as I got up and did the Hydrogen Peroxide again. It will leave your lips looking white but before you know it, it fades. You can use any kind of lip covering...pure petroleum jelly, lip balmer with zinc or carmex like I said I don't think it matters, it is not on long enough to worry about. Because you have to be dapping your lips as the infection or whatever it is that is coming out. It reminds me of poision ivyupdate...I used a camoline cream on my lips and the infected area I let it sit for about an hour, when I took it off my lips were once again back to normal, but raw. This is not a pleasant thing to deal with. It has spead down my neck, I said it reminded me of poision ivy so I thought I need something that will dry this up. I used the poision ivy itch relief on my neck and then I carefully put it on my lips you have to be very careful you do not want to swallow this. I watched it dry it out of my lips. When I woke up the next day the brown stuff on my lips was even less. I wish I would have tried this before trying anything else. It was hard trying to figure out what I got into that caused this but I did think back to the beginning and I really believe it is something like poision ivy, that I got in contact with when doing yard work. Just becareful when using the poision ivy anti-itch gel.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 7, 2010
    • 02:11 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've got the same thing for the first time right now...although i can't even pop mine. I have allergies really bad at the moment...possibly even a sinus infection. Before I got it I hadn't even kissed anyone in at least a month. I want to know if this sucker is contagious now...and when it will FINALLY go away! I Got the the same thing. I only just got over a cold/sinus infection (still got it a little bit) and now i have a massive swallon middle upper lip with about 2-3 blisters. :( I wonder if its got to to with having a very runny nose cause i have cracked skin all under my nose aswell with very dry lips.I dont know if its contagious, buts its bloody embarrassing!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 20, 2010
    • 11:26 PM
    Flag this Response
  • erm...hello...can i ask y my lips often will crack although i drink a lot of water?? :(
    solid snake 1 Replies
    • October 25, 2010
    • 01:49 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I've got the same thing for the first time right now...although i can't even pop mine. I have allergies really bad at the moment...possibly even a sinus infection. Before I got it I hadn't even kissed anyone in at least a month. I want to know if this sucker is contagious now...and when it will FINALLY go away!same prob here... This is my 3rd week. Cant pop it. Gonna see my doc in 2 days.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 6, 2010
    • 08:22 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I've got the same thing for the first time right now...although i can't even pop mine. I have allergies really bad at the moment...possibly even a sinus infection. Before I got it I hadn't even kissed anyone in at least a month. I want to know if this sucker is contagious now...and when it will FINALLY go away!Pretty sure you have nothing to worry about this happens to me sometimes when I bite the bottom (inside) of my lip. Has anyone else noticed that when this happens its a little sore/cut in the lip that you can feel with your tongue. If your like me you can feel that it is kinda swollen then you seem to mess with it (with your tongue) then of corse I end up bitibg it again without thinking and again the more I do this the bigger it gets! UGH!! so frustrating I think stress also can contribute to this as well anyways, try a warm washcloth (wet a wash cloth put it in a bag then in the microwave for 30 secs - MAKE SURE IT's NOT TOOOO HOT you don't want to burn yourself) or a warm compress hold it on your lip for 20 to 30 mins 3 times per day If it's just from bitibg the lip you should notice the lip getting better and better after each hot treatment and should be gone within 2-5 days. (AS LONG AS YOU ARE CAREFUL AND DON'T BITE IT AGAIN) I hope this helps!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 24, 2011
    • 02:33 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Ok i used to date this chick that seemed to love biting on my bottom lip when i kissed her, I realy didnt mind, untill I started getting one or two sores on my bottom lip. as she was pretty vigorous with the kissing and biting.I dont get them on the edge of the lip,like a cold sore nor do i get them any where else. they are usualy on the crest of my bottom lip i guess is the best way to describe it. it usualy starts out with my lip getting a lil bit sore(usualy after a lot of kissing).and then a little water or fever blister. if i pop it, i get a lil flap of yellowish skin,and then if i let it dry out a bit it cracks and bleeds. I get tested for std's on very regular basis and the doctors would have informed if i had anything to worry about.Although i havent had the doctor look at the sore or sores yet.I do have allergies, although thats not usualy one of my symptoms. Just kinda wondering if anyone else has the same sort of thing.So i basically did the same thing. I hooked up with this girl and she was biting my bottom lip, then a day or so later this little bump showed up on the inside of my lip (closer to my teeth/ which keeps irritating it). At first i had no clue what it was but then i thought about how she bit my lip alot, then i was chewing gum at work and accidently bit the "pimple thing" a few times which made it get huge. thanks for the info!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 8, 2011
    • 07:09 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I bit my lips all the time. I try not to chew my lower lip in the center or this will happen. Its not herpsI got a blister above my lip, which was similar to a blister I got a couple of weeks ago below my lip. In both cases, they came about by dying the grey in my beard and moustache. I tried to not leave the dye in too long, and wash it out thoroughly. However, I think that the dye is simply too caustic, and caused the blister. So, no more dying the grey facial hair.From experience, I know that as soon as I do some trauma to my mouth, e.g., accidentally biting my inner cheek or cutting my gums from eating certain hard foods, a canker sore will emerge in the next 24 hours. I've never been wrong. The blister on my lip is an external canker sore that I got because of the trauma from the dye. I think (I hope) it will go away within 7-10 days.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 14, 2011
    • 00:06 AM
    Flag this Response
  • If the blisters are clumped together and small then you have cold sores, but if it is only a single blister (others maybe around the inside of your mouth) then you have a Canker Sores (medical term is Aphthous Stomatitis), and it is not contagious. http://www.pueblo.gsa.gov/cic_text/health/fever-blister/fever-canker.html
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 28, 2011
    • 00:52 AM
    Flag this Response
  • It's sounds to me like you all have a non-STD version of herpies. Almost everyone gets it before the age of 13, but don't get outbreaks until later in life. It is spread by saliva, so just kissing someone with a cold sore or even drinking from the same glass and you got it. Carmix, aloe, or Neosporin are the best things to use during an outbreak. It'll usually go away in a week. Avoid popping your blisters (it spreads the virus) and drink plenty of fluids.
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement