Discussions By Condition: Common conditions

Stool odors

Posted In: Common conditions 3 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 9, 2006
  • 07:55 PM

What could it mean if my stools smell fishy and are loose and mucousy? I took Flagyl for 7 days and then took Diflucan for one night. Is my flora and fauna upset. I am cramping every half hour and have loose, fishy smelling stools. (five days now) Eating normal food produces extremely painful cramps and last until all the food has passed through me (4 hours sometimes). I started on a liquid diet today. Help!

Reply Flag this Discussion

3 Replies:

• What could it mean if my stools smell fishy and are loose and mucousy? I took Flagyl for 7 days and then took Diflucan for one night. Is my flora and fauna upset. I am cramping every half hour and have loose, fishy smelling stools. (five days now) Eating normal food produces extremely painful cramps and last until all the food has passed through me (4 hours sometimes). I started on a liquid diet today. Help!in ny westchester -paying bythe minute on line in laundry mati have same syptoms -fishy stool-but no cramps- a lot of stomach noises thoughantibiotics didnt help it started after i got food poisoning 4 weeks agobut i feel ok otherwise the closest i came recently to being normal again was when i completely stuffed myself
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • If you just got off antibiotics it could be c. difficile. Its a bacteria that lives normally in your intestines and can over grow after antibiotic use. It causes severe diarrhea and is easily treated and diagnosed (with a stool sample). I'd try to get one.
  • What could it mean if my stools smell fishy and are loose and mucousy? I took Flagyl for 7 days and then took Diflucan for one night. Is my flora and fauna upset. I am cramping every half hour and have loose, fishy smelling stools. (five days now) Eating normal food produces extremely painful cramps and last until all the food has passed through me (4 hours sometimes). I started on a liquid diet today. Help! I was told that this kind of odor is from chlamydia (probably mispelled).Could be something like a parasite as well. After so long you should see your doctor. It's always good to take some high quality acidophilis caps daily to keep that flora and fauna healthy. :p
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement