my client has a rash on the back of her thigh, they are pale red, non-raised discolorations. The rash covers a large area of the thigh and seems to be basically circular. The center of the circular area appears normal. She has no other symptoms, but her mother took her in because the rash has been present for over three weeks and it seems to be growing.
The doctor asks about possible exposures. Has she worn any new pants lately? Has she been in the woods? Do her joints hurt? she reports that she spent several weeks at summer camp in Vermont. She’s been wearing mostly shorts and bathing suits , none of them new. She doesn’t remember any insect bites on her thigh.
1. On the basis of her oral history, what is the most likely diagnosis? What would the causative microorganism look like in a Gram stain?
2. How did she most likely acquire her infection?
3. Would the diagnosis be any different if she had attended camp in Arizona?
4. Why does the doctor ask her if her joints hurt?
5. How is this infection treated?
The persons name has been left out for privacy. Can somebody please help. If someone could tell me what the diagnosis is ASAP thanks
Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.
Help your child feel better, faster.
You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.
What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.
Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,